Why doesn't avatar make slanted 4x12 cabs?!

I'm planning on getting a Mesa/Boogie Dual Recto in around a year, so i've just been casually shopping for cabs.
I have heard a lot of things about avatar, and seeing as i'll be on a budget after i get that MB , i'm needing a cheap-ish cab.
I want a slanted cab, though. Because the obvious point of this amp is to gig with, and i want a slanted cab so i can turn it on it's side and make kind of a rounded projection for the speakers.

So, does anyone know some brands that are just as good as Avatar, are decent priced, and have slanted cabs?

Thanks!
O O

___
vader?
main rig:
MIM Tele->VP Jr.->CryBaby->Fuzz Factory->TS808->Carbon Copy->Phase 90->TU-3->Vox AC30CCH+Avatar 212 and Peavey VTM60+Marshall 1960A

Quote by necrosis1193
Fuzz...It's wonderful and horrible and beautiful and repulsive and so many things all at once.
Well you could get an Avatar 2x12, but if you really don't want to do that, a cheaper Marshall or Epi cab could do the trick. There's tons more that I'm probably not naming, but I would just say check around and see what comes up on eBay and Craigslist also if you're alright with buying a used cab.
I've been thinking about maybe a used Marshall 1960a?
About how much are those used?

EDIT: and yeah, i'm okay with buying used. I'll have to look at it first.

WAIT!! I just remembered, i saw a Peavey JSX head and a Marshall 1960a cab on Craiglist in my town. I could probably just buy the cab from the guy. I just hope it's still there when i get my MB...
O O

___
Last edited by TheBax at Oct 13, 2008,
Unless you aren't getting miced at gigs I would worry about the slanted cab, go with a nice 2x12.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
Quote by TheBax
I've been thinking about maybe a used Marshall 1960a?
About how much are those used?

EDIT: and yeah, i'm okay with buying used. I'll have to look at it first.

WAIT!! I just remembered, i saw a Peavey JSX head and a Marshall 1960a cab on Craiglist in my town. I could probably just buy the cab from the guy. I just hope it's still there when i get my MB...

I doubt it will still be there in a year, man...
Quote by GNRjungle87
I doubt it will still be there in a year, man...

Eh... i don't know, though. I'm in DOTHAN, ALABAMA! There's probably like 3 guitarists in the bottom half of the state! Lol.

I'm not gonna be surprised if it's gone, though.
O O

___
Quote by TheBax
Eh... i don't know, though. I'm in DOTHAN, ALABAMA! There's probably like 3 guitarists in the bottom half of the state! Lol.

I'm not gonna be surprised if it's gone, though.

Haha, well good luck dude!

Avatar notes their vintage 4x12 to be slanted (it sounds like all 4 speakers are slanted). As for 1960a cabs, I don't think the ohms match up to Mesa heads with the stock wiring.
straight cabs sound better than slants imo.

A used 1960a costs anywhere between $300-500 usually.
Quote by al112987
straight cabs sound better than slants imo.

A used 1960a costs anywhere between $300-500 usually.

A lot of artists use strictly straight cabs, even in full stacks.
i got my 1960a for $350 in perfect shape, so they're very accesible
main rig:
MIM Tele->VP Jr.->CryBaby->Fuzz Factory->TS808->Carbon Copy->Phase 90->TU-3->Vox AC30CCH+Avatar 212 and Peavey VTM60+Marshall 1960A

Quote by necrosis1193
Fuzz...It's wonderful and horrible and beautiful and repulsive and so many things all at once.