I'm really looking into getting a jcm 900 combo amp (even tho i really want the 800) but i was wondering if there are any amps comparable to these. I play a les paul studio and play pretty much all rage/audioslave-esque music. any other amps i should be looking at?
Last edited by masturnate42 at Oct 13, 2008,
peavey vtm should cover rage and audioslave tones as long as you don't need a clean channel. they were only made as heads, but i got mine as a full 1/2 stack for $400. very underrated amps
main rig:
MIM Tele->VP Jr.->CryBaby->Fuzz Factory->TS808->Carbon Copy->Phase 90->TU-3->Vox AC30CCH+Avatar 212 and Peavey VTM60+Marshall 1960A

Quote by necrosis1193
Fuzz...It's wonderful and horrible and beautiful and repulsive and so many things all at once.
I've never played a 800 myself, but i've the peavey windsor sounds very similar. i love mine, it might be worth a look.
Played an 800......have a Windsor. It's not a total copy, but they're pretty similar in tone for overdriven stuff like you're looking for. I'd take a look at it.
Ceriatone. I'm REALLY GASing for one of their JCM 800 copies
Then there's this band called Slice The Cake...

Bunch of faggots putting random riffs together and calling it "progressive" deathcore.
Stupid name.
Probably picked "for teh lulz"

Mod in UG's Official Gain Whores
Laney AOR pro tube, jcm800 on steroids or so I've been told.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
all good suggestions so far. Also check out the Splawn Quickrod, smokin amp for those tones, and can be had for about $1200-1300 used right now if you're in the states.
"The fool doth think he is wise, but the wiseman knows himself to be a fool." - W.S.
amp clips
amp vids
why not get a used 800? i've bought two of of ebay. a beat up 2204 (600$) and a 2210 (800$) that was in great shape. i'm sure the nearest big city will have a few turn up on craigslist here and there too. if you play rage, the 2205 is the way to go, though i prefer the 2210 for the headroom one the normal channel. it's not really a 'clean' channel so much as a 'not boosted' channel, so it's nice not to have it not distorting when i play at band level volumes.
i'm really glad i'm not the only one who recommends vtm's
main rig:
MIM Tele->VP Jr.->CryBaby->Fuzz Factory->TS808->Carbon Copy->Phase 90->TU-3->Vox AC30CCH+Avatar 212 and Peavey VTM60+Marshall 1960A

Quote by necrosis1193
Fuzz...It's wonderful and horrible and beautiful and repulsive and so many things all at once.