Where can I go to learn about guitars in general? Like what a Fender feels like compared to a Gibson, or a strat compared to a telecaster or an SG. Epiphone to Gibson, etc. stuff like that. Is there a thread or a site I can get a lot of that on?
There be no shelter here.
Best way it to get first hand experience by playing as many as you can.
Your opinion is just that, YOUR opinion. It doesn't make you right. It doesn't make you better. It doesn't make you god. Everyone has their own view and that view is neither right or wrong.

Ignorance destroys music.
Play them.

It's the only real way to learn.
Dissonance is Bliss

Signal Chain:
Carvin CT-4
Ibanez TS-9
Carvin Quad-X
TC Electronics G-Major
Mesa/Boogie 2:90
Ear Candy BuzzBomb

Member #4 of the Carvin Club
Oh and if you're reading threads, don't listen to the people that are biased and don't give a reason why they don't like a certain aspect of the guitar.
+1 for everyone else here. experience is the best way to find it all buddy...
Quote by Duff_McGee
Everyone knows that the day the Metallica ends, the world ends.
A very high percentage of people on this forum don't always give the right information. If you learn who to listen to, then you'll probably get some descent information. Not only this forum, but a lot of forums will help you gain more knowledge. I myself am on about 6 different forums everyday, both talking to people and reading up on certain things.

Rather then just learning from guitar forums, I'd try trying out as much stuff as you can. Doing this will most likely leave you gasing for alot of things though, but it's not like everybody else dosn't do the same thing.