this is a stupid question to ask,

if if your running an 8 ohm cab and 16 ohm cab, how should they be plugged into the amplifier. should both be plugged into 8 ohms, of the 8 ohm into 8 and 16 ohm into 16?
Well, what kind of amp are you using and what kind of outputs does it have? I don't know if you'll be able to run them together without having an odd load.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
Ok, just plug 8 to 8 and 16 to 16, that should work fine. Even if that does cause a mismatch, mesas are pretty tolerant and at the worst you might wear out your tubes faster (that's not from me, that's right from the dual rec manual)
yeah, thats how i've been running it but wasn't 100% sure on it, thought maybe there was another way, thanks for the help
I have a mesa f 50 combo with 1 8 ohms which the speaker plugs into and 2 4 ohms inputs. I'm getting a 8 ohms cab. Do i unplug the speaker in the combo and plug the cab 8 ohms cab into the 8 ohms input? Thanks.
Yes, or you could plug the combo speaker into one of the 4 ohm outputs and the cab into the other one and have the cab and combo speaker working at the same time.