Page 1 of 2
the fish kind. I hate seafood.
Quote by FatalGear41
I wouldn't call what we have here on the Bass Forum a mentality. It's more like the sharing part of an AA meeting.

Quote by Jason Jillard
HUMANITY WHATS WRONG WITH YOU.

Warwick Fortress>>Acoustic AB50

http://www.myspace.com/rustingbloom
I like T-Birds. I'd have to say.......MusicMan Sterling........Let the bashing begin.....
Schecter Stiletto Studio 5
Ibanez SRX2EX1
Gallien Krueger 1001rbii
Gallien Krueger Neo 410
How about the dean edge 09? They buzz on every note. besides the standard suckiness of their $100 quality.
I have:
Acoustic B200H+B115 cab, Schecter Stiletto Custom 4, Rondo Fretless, Boss EQ-7.

Some men just want to watch the world burn. And they work at Behringer.
Quote by samskii
How about the dean edge 09? They buzz on every note. besides the standard suckiness of their $100 quality.

they are indeed terrible. but I stick with the fish. I prefer firewood to a bad meal.
Quote by FatalGear41
I wouldn't call what we have here on the Bass Forum a mentality. It's more like the sharing part of an AA meeting.

Quote by Jason Jillard

I hate affinity basses. Sharp edges should not be on ANY musical instruments fingerboard. Oh, and peavey basses in general.
Quote by Anjohl
I hate affinity basses. Sharp edges should not be on ANY musical instruments fingerboard. Oh, and peavey basses in general.

Peavey makes some amazingly good shit

Anyway, I would have to say that my most hated bass manufacturer is Epiphone (based on their current production line, not taking into account the stuff that they turned out in earlier years) and my most hated model in the Epiphone EB-0 fretless. It is ridiculously horrible.
I got in everyone's hostile little face. Yes, these are bruises from fighting. Yes, I'm comfortable with that. I am enlightened.
Funky Muthafucka Of The Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 To Join.
UG Irish Clan-Póg mo thóin
Quote by Caustic
Beast Within, you're awesome.
*sigh*
We've been through this a million times, and each time it is settled by...

THE WISHBASS!
♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥
the jonas brothers are sooo
█▄█ █▀█ ▀█▀
█▀█ █▄█ ♥█
☆┌─┐ ─┐☆
 │▒│ /▒/
 │▒│/▒/
 │▒ /▒/─┬─┐
 │▒│▒|▒│▒│
┌┴─┴─┐-┘─┘
│▒┌──┘▒▒▒│
└┐▒▒▒▒▒▒┌┘
 └┐▒▒▒▒┌┘ PEACE! LOVE! JONAS!
♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥
I tried out three Brownsville basses at Sam Ash.
I tried to play "My Friend Of Misery" and when I hit the open A, the rest of the strings rattled.

Wow.
GHOST BLOWJOB!
WHOOO! WOOOOOOOOOOOO!
Anyway, I would have to say that my most hated bass manufacturer is Epiphone (based on their current production line, not taking into account the stuff that they turned out in earlier years) and my most hated model in the Epiphone EB-0 fretless. It is ridiculously horrible.

Dude, Epi's rock my bed! How do you not like the EB-0, Its like the next bass Im gonna get, I mean c'mon, like sex, but the chick has 4 really long pubes.

That wasnt funny, Im sorry.

But I do want the EB-0.
Quote by derekwalden_-33
Dude, Epi's rock my bed! How do you not like the EB-0, Its like the next bass Im gonna get, I mean c'mon, like sex, but the chick has 4 really long pubes.

That wasnt funny, Im sorry.

But I do want the EB-0.

I'm glad you like muddy, neck diving, poor quality frog doo doo. now try and play it with someone else playing along with you. audibility will be harder. it's crap. not as bad as some, but really bad.

and you're joke was indeed, not funny. and try slapping on those pubes. you can't! oh noez!
Quote by FatalGear41

Quote by Jason Jillard

Everyone so far has names some pretty shit basses, but your all still wrong.

The worst basses of all time are SX basses.
The worst bass is no bass at all. A good bass doesnt make you play better, and a crap bass doesnt make you play worse.
Well said Apple. I can only imagine how sick you must be from saying it though.
Co-Founder of The Geddy Lee Fanclub
PM me or timmEH to join

#1 Rush / Yes fan of The Bass Militia
PM Dinky to join

Founder of The Ernie Ball MusicMan owners club and proud owner of a Black Sapphire Bongo 4 HHp
PM me to join
We live in a time when bigger is better, we all want the best stuff that costs the most. Its easy to lose sight of what is important, and that is playing the damn thing.

Keep on bassin'.
Quote by Applehead
We live in a time when bigger is better, we all want the best stuff that costs the most. Its easy to lose sight of what is important, and that is playing the damn thing.

Keep on bassin'.

I do agree that what's most expensive isn't always necessarily the best thing for you but tone can be as important as skill sometimes. I don't care how good you are but if you're playing with a guitar that gives you a bad tone it's going to sound horrible despite what you may be playing. Not to mention that cheaper guitars are usually made from cheaper materials which may break easier.
I realized I was god when I prayed and saw that I was talking to myself.
Agree, but remember a lot of your tone comes from the way you play it. My point is that, yes its nice to get an expensive bass, and yes it will sound better. But if people spent the same amount of time playing as they do GASing, they'd be much better players!
I think we're forgetting the evil belgians - STAGG.

I had one and the neck broke, the pickups broke, the hardware fell off and the tuners got sheered. Then I broked it even more and made Mong Bass.
Quote by Applehead

Keep on bassin'.

NOT TRUE
In the bass chat:

<Jon> take the quote of me out your sig plx
<Jon> i hate seeing what i said around lol

Leader of the Bass Militia PM to join!

And now on BANDCAMP!

Officially the funniest member of the Bass Forum.
Quote by the humanity
I'm glad you like muddy, neck diving, poor quality frog doo doo. now try and play it with someone else playing along with you. audibility will be harder. it's crap. not as bad as some, but really bad.

and you're joke was indeed, not funny. and try slapping on those pubes. you can't! oh noez!

The first things you said that were wrong with it is a matter of opinions.
While my joke was not funny, I have no need or desire to play slap. Oh noez!
Quote by smb
Any bass is better than no bass.

this man speaks the truth.
Quote by metalcore123
I hate trying to cover up my cheese in school because the bimbo next to me dislikes the smell of pure love.

I'm bringing farts back!
Quote by SoftParade1967
this man speaks the truth.

Yes, but last time I checked, no bass wasn't a bass. It was no bass. Hence, no bass. And also last time I checked, I linked a thread IDENTICAL to this one.
Quote by Cody_Grey102
I was looking at a used Warwick Vampyre LTD 5'er for about $200. I went home to grab my wallet and came back and some jerk with an epic beard got it already..
Quote by smb
Any bass is better than no bass.

where have i heard this before?

the worst bass is, no bass. anything above that is a matter of opinion.
/thread.
Worst bass I've ever played is the acoustic I tried to make after I first started playing. Need pliers to tune it, I don't think the E string can be tuned any higher than A, and the strings are probably 1/3 of an inch off the fretboard. It's worse than my Dean Edge 09.
The thing is, there are plenty of new bassists here and a lot of people can barely afford basic gear, so whatever someone lists as the worst bass will probably be some UGer's pride and joy. When it comes down to it, what you've got matters less than what you can do with it.
Any Fender American Deluxe.

lol jk, Tbird

Seriously though. While some basses have dodgy craftsmanship and quality control like SX's, you still get some, if not most, that play and sound great.

Thunderbirds, on the other hand, have the multitude of systematic flaws (which I'm sure you guys could recite by heart) that are common to every single instrument.

It's just a bad design.
Last edited by Arbitror at Oct 14, 2008,
Quote by Nutter_101
NOT TRUE

It's okay Nutter, I play bass to compensate as well.
Quote by Hal-Sephira

We all have the rights to be mad

So does you
Quote by derekwalden_-33

how the hell can neck dive be a matter of opinion?
if it dives... it dives!

i put up with having a thunderbird for a few years and it really does get annoying after a while. my advice is to get a proper bass not a guitar with a bass neck.

even jack bruce admits that his gibson eb-0 was a pile of crap.

x
Fender Geddy Lee Jazz
Warwick Corvette $$
Rockbass Streamer Fretless
Hartke HA5000
SWR Triad

Quote by Victory2134
I happen to enjoy every mankiss from shinhoman.
Quote by Bathory fan
Everyone so far has names some pretty shit basses, but your all still wrong.

The worst basses of all time are SX basses.

I'd play an SX bass anyday over a cheap ibanez or any gibson style bass.

Quote by derekwalden_-33

You have no desire to learn or be a well rounded bass player. Oh noez.
Quote by brandooon
Buy both pickups. Rub icyhot on both of them. Sandwich your penis between them and walk to the nearest homeless shelter with your brand new icyhot penis sandwich.
Last edited by Woogles at Oct 14, 2008,
Wangcaster...

Im gonna get flamed for this. But honestly, fender

Like, Ive played a lot of excellent fenders, dont get me wrong. But Ive played a couple that were easily the worst bass Ive ever layed my hands on. So they were just bad eggs

Worst in general, prolly epiphone. A knock off guitar company that makes basses, well theres something wrong to start with right there

^Woah dude, just cause someone doesnt wanna slap doesnt mean they suck. I could prolly name 10 bassists right now that dont slap, that could still pwn you.
Quote by rollininrhythm
Wangcaster...

Im gonna get flamed for this. But honestly, fender

Like, Ive played a lot of excellent fenders, dont get me wrong. But Ive played a couple that were easily the worst bass Ive ever layed my hands on. So they were just bad eggs

Worst in general, prolly epiphone. A knock off guitar company that makes basses, well theres something wrong to start with right there

Couple of cheap fenders? Squires? MIM?
Quote by brandooon
Buy both pickups. Rub icyhot on both of them. Sandwich your penis between them and walk to the nearest homeless shelter with your brand new icyhot penis sandwich.
Quote by Woogles
Couple of cheap fenders? Squires? MIM?

No, straight up fenders. American made. Just...very bad. Im not sure if they were new or not though. They may have had some terrible owners.
Quote by rollininrhythm
No, straight up fenders. American made. Just...very bad. Im not sure if they were new or not though. They may have had some terrible owners.

Well i do have to say i have played some bad american made fenders. I just think the MIM ones are set up better in general than the american ones or japanese ones for that matter.
Quote by brandooon
Page 1 of 2