I'm 80% finished re-building an old guitar I got from a pawn shop, and the guiding philosophy behind said build has been the word "extreme". It's a "take it to the limit, no holds barred, roundhouse kick to the face" kinda deal, and I'm looking for a set of pickups to match.

I've got Duncans for it already, a JB and HS-2, but well...I'm looking for something REALLY crazy, cause the build is REALLY crazy. It's flippin' bright orange with crazy massive 80's scoops and sharp bevels and all that stuff.

I've been thinking about things like Duncan Invaders, although I hear they are muddy? Also, stuff like DiMarzio's Xn2 come to mind. I am leaning away from an active set like EMG's, as the thing is already set up with passive stuff, and I would rather not bother with it unless an active pair is really the way to go.

Also, I have no way of testing anything I mentioned here but the EMG's, which I have owned over before, but it's been about 3 years since I had a set so I should probably get back out there and give them a shot.

What EXTREME pickups should I go for??
How about bareknuckle war pigs? They are some of the hottest passive pickups around. Pretty extreme if you ask me.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
Quote by Kevin Saale
How about bareknuckle war pigs? They are some of the hottest passive pickups around. Pretty extreme if you ask me.

I would LOVE to snag some of those, and have wanted some for a long time.

But I forgot to add that I don't have much ( ok, any ) money to spend here, and am trying to make an even eBay swap; I sell the Duncans and use that money to buy whatever extreme pickups I end up going for.

With that in mind...
bareknuckles!
Fender American Standard Telecaster
Martin DC-16RE Premium

Fender Snakeskin Champ 12
That's something I though of, but the body is already routed for 2, plus I reaaaally love having a neck pickup for more articulate soloing.
Well, I'd say stick with the SDs for now until you can afford some better pups.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not