I've been practicing my major and minor scales for quite along time and I want to get them down pat so I can move on to the pentatonics and blues scales. I want to have them memorized well enough to be able to play in every key and know which notes notes are natural and which are sharpened/flattened. Any suggestions?
You could memorize the 12 major triads. I have, and it's been helpful to me. You can also learn the circle of fifths to know how many sharps/flats there are in a key.
If you play guitar, please don't waste your time in The Pit, and please instead educate yourself in the Musician Talk forum, where you can be missing out on valuable info.
Quote by DiminishedFifth
It's like you read my mind!

I got meself a self-approving sig. Kick. Ass.
For trying to memorize the scales on guitar, just remember the scale patterns for major/minor and you'll be just fine. You know how to play an A minor scale? The you can play an Eb minor scale. Just follow the same pattern.
" When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."-Jimi Hendrix
Quote by SilverDark
You could memorize the 12 major triads. I have, and it's been helpful to me. You can also learn the circle of fifths to know how many sharps/flats there are in a key.

Already learned the circle of fifths.

Thanks for the suggestion, Il give that a try.