so my bud is in the market for a new amp. He plays a plethora of genres so he needs a versatile amp. good cleans and enough distortion on tap.
He'll need enough volume to do small gigs.
His budget is 500 bucks.

He also wanted some effects but since pedals are expensive, i suggested the 75 watt peavey vypr. sounds great and has a lot of on board effects and is loud enough. i also suggested a valveking along with a bad monkey and a delay pedal since the VK is pretty versatile.

this seems like the best option but im here to ask you guys to see if there are any better options.

So help me and my friend out UG and throw out some better opinions.
Valveking CLIPS/Gear HERE
I you look hard, you might be able to find an f30 or a DC series mesa. Great cleans and plenty of gain for any genre.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
Quote by Kevin Saale
I you look hard, you might be able to find an f30 or a DC series mesa. Great cleans and plenty of gain for any genre.

yea hes got a couple weeks till he actually gets any amp but is looking around now. thats a great suggestion. i totally forgot about those amps. i forgot to say used is an option also. but the downside is what you mentioned. its going to be tough find one for <500.
Valveking CLIPS/Gear HERE
I got mine for 550 (definitely could have haggled down, but I put it on lay away) and I've seen them go cheaper on the bay. I think the prices on the DC get even better.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not