Page 1 of 2
My father and mother don't get along very well and they got in some argument earlier today. I didn't think much of it since it's a pretty common occurance but my mother ended up leaving with the car a few hours ago and now it's getting late and she hasnt come back home. She didn't take her cell phone and hasn't called and she didnt take any clothes with her so I'm starting to get scared. I'm putting my little brother to bed at the moment since my dad is cleaning (he's venting his anger by trying to prove her wrong and wallow in his deprivation.. I think they were fighting about him being on the computer a lot and so he's pitying himself by enduring his 'endless cleaning' that he's expected to do. He's not really expected to do it but whatever, I'm letting him do what he needs to to feel better) and so isn't paying very much attention to getting my brother off where he needs to be.

I don't really know what I'm asking for here. I guess just similar stories or maybe something entertaining so I don't chew my fingers off. I'd go play guitar but I'll be too loud with my brother asleep and I also have to finish a paper on the computer.
Meh.
=/
Quote by Arthur Curry
it's official, vintage x metal is the saving grace of this board and/or the antichrist

e-married to
theguitarist
minterman22
tateandlyle
& alaskan_ninja

I had the same situation years ago. She eventually came back home later that day though so I don't think you should worry about it to much.
Feel free to add me on STEAM: thesystemhasfailed
XBL tag: cbiggs18
Sorry to hear that, dear. I'm sure she'll come back and they'll have a big kiss.

Here's something to help pass the time: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nE_vfiZZkAQ
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Sorry to hear that hope your folks sort things out. Anywhos my parents fight damn near everyday and usually I'm pulled into it
She's probably at a hotel. Wait a day or so. I know that the exact thing happened with my dad when my mom was bitching about him and shit... so he stayed the night at a hotel. My mom did that too. They were argueing, and she got all tear-eyed, and took us to stay the night in a hotel. I liked it though.... they had nice waffles in the morning.

My parents are divorced now, even though they still keep in touch (mostly fighting...) so most of it's resolved...kinda.
This has happened numerous times to me, just be glad she hasn't been drinking. We would have to call the cops to tell them to look for her car, and we had know choice but to tel them it was because she had been drinking.
I want to work in revelations, not just spin silly tales for money.I want to fish as deep down as possible into my own subconscious in the belief that once that far down, everyone will understand because they are the same that far down.
i give you a hug...in not a gay way...*walks away slowly*
Quote by Vagabond21
Ewww the searchbar is a slut, it gets used everyday...

Quote by tremeloud

The brain says "hey, lets be friends" and the dick says "hey, lets get those clothes off, eh?"

Quote by Nilpferdkoenig
Yeaaaaaah, Huuuuuhuuuu, Saaaaaaah and MASTOOOOOOOOOOOOOOR are all Hetfield memes.
she is having food poisoning at arby's
she'll come home eventuly, but call the cops after a couple days
Quote by Deliriumbassist
marmite, vegemite, termite...

anything that ends with -mite is the work of Satan's retarded cousin Vinnie.
She's fine. She just came to my house, as usual.
Quote by Beakwithteeth
What a coincidence one time I ****ed your cousin in the eye.
This is probably the most intelligent thread of it's type. I think you've reacted in the best way you could, being really sensible about it.

Personally, my mum and dad get on okay, but there have been times that got me really worried. I remember a bad holiday where my mum and dad were arguing everyday about where we should go and what we should do - my dad ended up walking off on his own somewhere and I was left with my little bro and my mum crying.

I guess that's what can happen sometimes when you're parents are in each others face a lot. But it's better that they're not penting up their problems. I shouldn't worry too much if this isn't really a common thing for them.
Quote by Paul Lambeth
It's like having the best orgasm of your life ever, but in your brain, and the opposite of that.
Used to happen to me all the time. My mother would go get drunk and drive around, then when I was 9 they got a divorce. Then she died when I was 12.
We've drained full confession booths, polluted drinking wells with our repentances, and then stood grinning with our arms around the shoulder of a rotting child.

If you resist change, you will be here forever.
Quote by NorfIrIon
Used to happen to me all the time. My mother would go get drunk and drive around, then when I was 9 they got a divorce. Then she died when I was 12.

I'm so sorry.
Quote by Arthur Curry
it's official, vintage x metal is the saving grace of this board and/or the antichrist

e-married to
theguitarist
minterman22
tateandlyle
& alaskan_ninja

Does she have any friends or relatives who she might have gone to stay with? You could always try calling them. Or like other people have said, she could be at a hotel.

I'm sure she'll be fine, though. Don't worry. The gods of rock will protect her.

Oh, and something entertaining? You could always watch me make a fool of myself on youtube.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hdNZmV5CRzQ
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sZehERpkrCY
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JGemopqRgp4
/shameless self promotion
kill all humans
This happened to me when I was young, they decided to get a divorce, they are mostly friendly now as my mom is remarried and my dad has a girlfriend.
Ibanez RG7321
Jackson Randy Rhoads V with Floyd Rose
Peavey Valveking 112
Digitech RP70 Guitar Processor
I'm glad I'm finally at university so I don't have to deal with their fighting bullshit that will have me in therapy for ****ing years anymore (thanks a lot ). It's OK. It was just a harsher fight. My mom did the same thing... twice.

She came back!
She won't talk to anyone but.. she came back. I'm not sure whether to leave her alone or to go talk to her but I think I'm going to go give her a hug and see how it goes. Thanks guys =]
Quote by Arthur Curry

e-married to
theguitarist
minterman22
tateandlyle
& alaskan_ninja

this same story happened to me 4 years ago except the roles of the parents were reversed. needless to say, i still havent seen or heard from my dad since that morning before school.
Tampa Bay Buccaneers

South Carolina Gamecocks

Quote by SGstriker
Chef Strato-Massacre: Cooking shitstorms since that comment.

Quote by PurpleClawz
Damnit why are you full of so much win
My parents did this a lot when I was a kid, they'd argue, fight, and leave for days.

Nothing to worry about, just something to get used to.
Like podcasts? Listen to these!
BEER!
VIDEO GAMES!
MOVIES/GEEKY SHIT!

Last edited by zappp : Today at 4:20 PM. Reason: Suck on my balls, UG
Quote by vintage x metal
She came back!
She won't talk to anyone but.. she came back. I'm not sure whether to leave her alone or to go talk to her but I think I'm going to go give her a hug and see how it goes. Thanks guys =]

I'm hoping for the best. <3
i dont know how ill feel about my girlfriend in 20 years if we are still together. i only get sex once a week now and im not even bothered much theres no point in asking..has to be the right time at the weekend, has to be a full moon, the nasdaq has to be up, the housework has to be done, it has to be an odd day of the week not even, my football team have to be losing.

I dont see whats so bad about prostitution men get so little excitement when they get older.
Quote by ChromaZon
i dont know how ill feel about my girlfriend in 20 years if we are still together. i only get sex once a week now and im not even bothered much theres no point in asking..has to be the right time at the weekend, has to be a full moon, the nasdaq has to be up, the housework has to be done, it has to be an odd day of the week not even, my football team have to be losing.

I dont see whats so bad about prostitution men get so little excitement when they get older.

here's an idea
maybe there's deeper reasons for marrying someone than to get laid every night?

nah I'm just talking crazy now
Quote by ChromaZon

your priorities are mixed up. sounds like you just need a **** buddy.
Tampa Bay Buccaneers

South Carolina Gamecocks

Quote by SGstriker

Quote by PurpleClawz
He is on the computer because he has discovered that he is a gay homosexual and has been cruising manmeat.com.

Your mom found out and will divorce him soon.

He is cleaning because he would like to wear a french maid's outfit for his new husband (who will be your stepfather), Rob Halford.

lulz
Tampa Bay Buccaneers

South Carolina Gamecocks

Quote by SGstriker

Quote by PurpleClawz

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
She talked a little and basically they both are just really bitter with each other. It's nothing new at all but it really scares me with my little brother still at home.. I'm going off to college next fall and he's not going to have anyone to go to if this kind of stuff happens. He's only 10 and he's my baby. He's really sensitive about these kinds of things and I don't know what he'll do without a cool head around to calm him down and comfort him. I'm scared as hell but I wouldn't show him that... just... gah. I dunno. My two older brothers moved out a long time ago and I've been the oldest in the house since I was about 11 and the little one was 4.

edit: Stephen, I love you, thank you. <3
Quote by Arthur Curry

e-married to
theguitarist
minterman22
tateandlyle
& alaskan_ninja

^ You better watch your brother when Rob Halford (or as you call him, daddy or leather daddy) moves in.
Sorry if this is inappropriate, but when I read the thread title I pictured Johnny Bravo reading it
Quote by dminishedthingy
It didn't seem possible, but apparently Messiah can spam even more now.

Quote by \Powerslave/
I can see it now. "Dark Thrones and Black People".

Quote by \Powerslave/
I pretty much wank something small and sleek.

ololololololol

JOIN THE NEKROGESTAPO!
Quote by vintage x metal
She talked a little and basically they both are just really bitter with each other. It's nothing new at all but it really scares me with my little brother still at home.. I'm going off to college next fall and he's not going to have anyone to go to if this kind of stuff happens. He's only 10 and he's my baby. He's really sensitive about these kinds of things and I don't know what he'll do without a cool head around to calm him down and comfort him. I'm scared as hell but I wouldn't show him that... just... gah. I dunno. My two older brothers moved out a long time ago and I've been the oldest in the house since I was about 11 and the little one was 4.

If such is the case, then you just have to A) hope for the best, or B) Sit them both down and remind them that its not just between them, but the entire household, and that they have a young son that needs to be taken care of. If worst comes to worst, then when you get out and get on your feet, your little bro moves in with you. Thats eventually whats going to happen to my little sister, seeing as how my mom can't take care of her without flipping out or getting wrapped in her latest BF.
Current Gear:
Michael Kelly Club Custom 5 Acoustic Bass
Dean Performer Series PE-QM-TGE
Varrios Basic 5 Bass
Acoustic B450 Combo Amp
I support the 2nd Amendment. I don't support people who abuse it.
Oh thank god she came back. I actually got emotional reading this. This happened with my dad a few weeks ago....he never came home.
Quote by Slut
Nobody likes you and your opinion on life does not matter. Also your sister is pregnant with my child.
Quote by gnrliesmanlies
here's an idea
maybe there's deeper reasons for marrying someone than to get laid every night?

nah I'm just talking crazy now

okay man heres how it goes

13-17-girlfriend give you blowjobs because sex is risky

18-22 promiscuous rigorous frequent intercourse with random females

22-26 sex and bjs 3 odd times a week from one chick

26-29 sex 1-2 times a week..woman has learned bjs are a barganing tool

30-45 sex infrequently bjs...dont want to think about that

45-60 impotence and lack of sexual drive makes sex irrelevant to man

well thats how its gone for me up to 26 lol so sex and marriage are 2 passing ships in the night.
Last edited by ChromaZon at Oct 13, 2008,
Quote by ChromaZon
nasdaq has to be up

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Quote by vintage x metal

Phone calls are the best you can do, but I know they aren't the same.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
Quote by vintage x metal

The parents are stubborn and once again have forgotten all about you. Best you can do is comfort him now and tell him that everything'll be OK and that parents sometimes fight. I know you want to be there, but... there really isn't all that much you can do. You've found some way to cope with it, I'm sure he'll find his own way too.
tell your brother that there is going to be a big leather daddy in the house and that he will need to call your father mom.
Page 1 of 2