It's not really hate, I just don't like the sound of the acoustic guitar. Obviously it's really popular, but I don't think that's because it has an amazing, "toneful" sound. It's just really accessible and so lots of play it and beat away some crappy chords that have been used millions of times before. My problem is that the culture surrounding the instrument is one that places little value on musical knowledge and has virtually no standards at all. Acoustic guitar usually sounds like a bucket getting kicked around violently by some drunk rednecks around a campfire. And another thing, if you're going to play a smooth, gentle instrument, why not the violin or the piano. Acoustic should just get out of the way of the electric, and stop trying to take away its glory! Now who's with me?!
im sure they dont like you too much either.

good luck sitting down in a park on a nice summer day and playing guitar for some friends with an electric. bye.
Quote by riggsbrown
It's not really hate, I just don't like the sound of the acoustic guitar. Obviously it's really popular, but I don't think that's because it has an amazing, "toneful" sound. It's just really accessible and so lots of play it and beat away some crappy chords that have been used millions of times before. My problem is that the culture surrounding the instrument is one that places little value on musical knowledge and has virtually no standards at all. Acoustic guitar usually sounds like a bucket getting kicked around violently by some drunk rednecks around a campfire. And another thing, if you're going to play a smooth, gentle instrument, why not the violin or the piano. Acoustic should just get out of the way of the electric, and stop trying to take away its glory! Now who's with me?!

Go die, I love my classical guitar.
Wow... just wow. Ignorant much? It's fine that you don't like the sound (not really) but you are basically saying that we should abandon the instrument that helped to give birth to the electric guitar? You sir (mam?), are an idiot
Quote by Eminored
Hentai. It's a completely different world that will rip your eye-sockets and and skull-screw you with its tentacles.
you can play metal on an acoustic, i think it's foolish to write off every acoustic as trash because some of it sucks, a lot of electric guitar song suck too.
I'm not. Accoustics have a deep, full sound, wich elecric doen't. That's why you must use distortion or any other effects on it. btw I play electric.
You have no examples of anything in your pointless rant. You want to know what? I love my acoustic and electric guitars. Playing one makes me a better player on the other.
Quote by riggsbrown
beat away some crappy chords that have been used millions of times before.

and electric guitar is people pounding away on the same power chords played millions of times before
Quote by riggsbrown
I should mention that by acoustic I mean steel string, not classical.

Both sounds awsome, different but better than an electric.
Quote by riggsbrown

Are you saying that your 2005 Ibanez piece of crap has better tone than my 1955 Martin?
Listen to some of Opeth's acoustic passages on Morningrise (or any of their other albums for that matter) before you say that acoustic sucks. Just crappy overused chords? I don't think so.
Quote by alcoholicpanda
Depression?

Kill it with Lysol.

Quote by i_killed_bill
Some guy in a striped sweater stole all my hamburgers. **** was soooo not cash
Quote by JacKofAces91
Quote by riggsbrown

Are you saying that your 2005 Ibanez piece of crap has better tone than my 1955 Martin?

lol
Honestly, though, if you ever play an acoustic guitar next to a piano it sounds flimsy and stupid. All you can hear is the percussive part of it. You know what I mean. Don't deny it - CHK CHK CHK CHK. That's all it does. It adds nothing to the melody - except on expensive recordings where they compress it to the point that it doesn't even sound like a guitar.
Wow. This is one of the most pathetic rants I have ever heard. Leave now.
Quote by necrosis1193
As usual Natrone's mouth spouts general win.

Quote by Silverstein14
man, Natrone you're some kind of ninja I swear

Quote by gregs1020
plexi

i realize the longshot that is. little giant to humongous one.

Rest In Peace Stevie Ray
andy mckee, don ross, finger pickers, stairway to heaven, sleep now in the fire would have never been conceived, drive by incubus?

i say thank god for the acoustic guitar.
Quote by riggsbrown
Honestly, though, if you ever play an acoustic guitar next to a piano it sounds flimsy and stupid. All you can hear is the percussive part of it. You know what I mean. Don't deny it - CHK CHK CHK CHK. That's all it does. It adds nothing to the melody - except on expensive recordings where they compress it to the point that it doesn't even sound like a guitar.

I deny it. Listen to An Evening With JP and JR.
Quote by riggsbrown

Just because thats what it sounds like when you play next to a piano, doesn't mean thats what it sounds like when I play next to a piano.
I just don't understand why if you're going to play an instrument that nobody respects, you wouldn't just play an electric guitar. Everybody knows a "1955 Martin" is nothing compared to even the cheapest of cellos. The design isn't as complex and no matter what anyone says it IS technically inferior to most musical instruments of its price. Why not electric, then, and drown everybody out?
You just unleashed a shit storm pal.

Acoustic guitar beats the sound of an electric any day on God's green Earth. Now, I'm not saying electrics are bad, but there is no beating the warm, smooth, emotional sound of an acoustic guitar.

In terms of guitar, Acoustic is the Grand Piano and Electric is the keyboard. Have you ever listened to any fingerstyle or classical guitar? If so, I'm sure your perspective on this subject would do a full 360.

It's funny seeing these types of people. They have no outside respect for any other instrument yet they call themselves musicians. If it weren't for our "crappy-bucketkicking-campfire-redneck" instrument, your damn precious Electric guitar would never have existed. Your idols would never have started playing, and you can damn well bet that rock and roll would never have existed, let alone any other mainstream punk or anything like that.

I cannot even comprehend your stupidity. Seriously "if you want a smooth, gentle instrument why not play the violin or piano". Dear lord. I can't even begin to explain how stupid that sounds. An acoustic brings a whole new level of gentle sound to music that is unmatched by any other instrument. It is such a unique sound. Electric guitar however, can be replicated over and over by any computer program or other electronic device like a keyboard. The acoustic guitar on the other hand, can not. You can't capture that true, soft emotion that you get from hearing one in person, or actually playing one.

Get the **** out.
Quote by riggsbrown
I just don't understand why if you're going to play an instrument that nobody respects, you wouldn't just play an electric guitar. Everybody knows a "1955 Martin" is nothing compared to even the cheapest of cellos. The design isn't as complex and no matter what anyone says it IS technically inferior to most musical instruments of its price. Why not electric, then, and drown everybody out?

I doubt ANY one would agree with you that statement there. People respect acoustic guitars so idk what your problem is.
First of all, you are being an idiot. Get your facts straight about acoustic guitars. I'm not going to even bother to elaborate on your comments.

Second, don't bring your hate in here. Why would you purposefully post in the acoustic & classical guitar forum just to spread your hate?

Third, this thread as absolutely no redeeming qualities, and is therefore considered spam and trolling. You have been warned.

Have a nice day.
Equipment:
- Art & Lutherie Cedar CW (SOLD! )
- Martin D-16RGT w/ LR Baggs M1 Active Soundhole Pickup
- Seagull 25th Anniversary Flame Maple w/ LR Baggs Micro EQ

Have an acoustic guitar? Don't let your guitar dry out! Click here.