Hey UG, does anyone have any experience or know anything about the Epiphone Slasher Firebird? http://img402.imageshack.us/img402/108/78835865ep7.png There is a pic of it, I was thinking about buying it but would like some advice or would like to hear from someone with knowledge about it.

1. Does it fell comfortable?
2. What style music does it best suit?
3. Is it good enough to be used in a gig?
4. How much does it weigh?
5. What kind of Pick-ups?

I couldn't find anything else about this guitar on UG, thanks for those who answer.
Last edited by Coheed&Cambria4 at Oct 13, 2008,
Is that at Indianapolis Guitar Center?

I don't know anything about them other than that they weren't made for long.
Did you know the odds of a Vault-Tec shelter failing are 1,763,497 to 1?

So imagine life in a Vault-Tec Vault. Not just a future.
A brighter future... underground.

Patrolling the Mojave almost makes you wish for a nuclear winter.
Quote by Coheed&Cambria4
Hey UG, does anyone have any experience or know anything about the Epiphone Slasher Firebird? http://img402.imageshack.us/img402/108/78835865ep7.png There is a pic of it, I was thinking about buying it but would like some advice or would like to hear from someone with knowledge about it.

1. Does it fell comfortable?
2. What style music does it best suit?
3. Is it good enough to be used in a gig?
4. How much does it weigh?
5. What kind of Pick-ups?

I couldn't find anything else about this guitar on UG, thanks for those who answer.

same question really, the type of sound your getting from your guitar is like 70% pickups
"My jedi powers are far more superior than yours"
Quote by FloyDZeD
Is that at Indianapolis Guitar Center?

I don't know anything about them other than that they weren't made for long.

Haha yes it is, that where I saw it, I played it for a little but Ive only been playing guitar for about a year, so I dont want anything to amazing and I dont know too much, but I need something thats cheap and sounds better than Squier
i did some digging and apparently its meant to be a metal axe, cant find the body wood, but apparently its light and fairly bright like basswood... could be agathis who knows. The pickups are meant to be hot epiphone humbuckers, i wouldnt buy an epi for the buckers, id buy it for everything else and then switch the pups.

as to whether the guitar is comfortable only you can determine that by playing it, one mans comfotable is another mans hand cramp, i will sya though that firebirds are very big whch i find a it of a pain but you would have to see for yourself.

and as for being good enough for a gig, if it plays well and it gets the sound you want then it can definately gig.
It's one of the guitars from Epiphone's E-Series. They were made for a short time and focused on metal mostly. The E-series had built in effects (such as distortion and overdrive). I have an Epi E-Series Futura/Explorer, and from experience, the series sound great.

My Rig ;D
Ibanez RG550XX 20th Anniversary
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Crate V50-112 (Modded)
Roland Micro Cube
Lovepedal Purple Plexi 800
Lovepedal Pickle Vibe
Ibanez TS-9
Boss DD-3
Dunlop Crybaby
Okay. The all around Sound/Tone is has for METAL, ROCK, BLUES its is pretty suburb i actually really like this guitar! no bullshit. I've been playing for close to 8 or 9 years, i mean that aint really long but i CAN play and i do write my own music.

But, standing up playing live with it is alittle uncomfortable, not bad... but it isn't comfortable like the Strat or Les paul is. So i mostly use this guitar as my studio guitar. Bcuz sitting down and playing this thing is another story. MAN! now its really really comfortable sitting down and playing it and i do really like the tone of this guitar.

It's a good guitar to play live and record with... but standing up playing it i don't really care for. i think thats 1 of acouple reasons why they stopped making them so quick, its because people want to be able to play live with it. cuz shit, it sure as hell doesn't sound bad... lol serious i love the tone. so i dont know what happened. but i'd say, if u dont mind just using it as a recording guitar. GET IT NOW! because its definetly i guitar i use over my others to record with. but i'll play live with my fenders, and bc richs over it tho just because they feel abit more comfortable.

I did have to put a new Nutbone on it cuz this mother ****er i was jamming with gave me these strings at a gig to use cuz i was all out and the strings were so thick they broke the nutbone from playing acouple songs and they were fresh strings so of course you got to fight the tuning, but thats just the name of the game of fresh strings till they are broken in, we all know and hate this LOL. i wanted to kill the guy for giving me those strings.
You'll be fine with 7's to 11's you should be in the clear.

ive played alot of guitars... and this one isnt bad at all!
They are made for metal(the "E" in "E Series" stands for EXTREME), but oddly enough they sound very good for jazz and country. the pickups are very jangly like a single coil, very clear, very articulate. The guitar handles distortion as well as you'd expect a Gibson to. If you haven't bought it already then I suggest you pick it up quickly. they are very rare and will only go up in value as the years go on
As the years go on...like the three it took you to reply to this post?

Come on, don't bump stuff from 2008. Clearly he's made a decision by now.