well me and my friend were gonna start a band. we both play guitar and bass, and he had found a drummer who apparently is very good. unfortunately, me and the other guitar/bassist decided our musical differences were too big and being in a band together would be impossible (he only likes pop punk bands)... anyways i would still like to meet the drummer, but i dont know how to go about meeting him. any ideas? thanks in advance
Clocks tick. Your days are numbered in low digits.
You look suspicious - suspect niggas is bitches,
Get chopped up, grade-A meat, somethin' delicious
Get the info from the other guitar player if he knows and contact him yourself, if your friend is really your friend he will give it to you
Ibanez RG7321
Jackson Randy Rhoads V with Floyd Rose
Peavey Valveking 112
Digitech RP70 Guitar Processor
just have a jam with the drummer, you and hte guitar/bassist. Then meet the drummer then, and you will know him so you can jam with him and another musician
Quote by BluMetalPlayer
just have a jam with the drummer, you and hte guitar/bassist. Then meet the drummer then, and you will know him so you can jam with him and another musician

Yeah, this could actually work quite well.
well, when u meet him, just make small talk and just talk a bout what kind of music u like, but DON'T criticize him on his music interests bc it's the first time you've met him/her and if you do that, they'll just out right hate u. lol, well, not really, but i felt like blowing things up a bit for ya'.
Music difference is essential for a band, my band is made up of some who likes classic metal, someone who likes screamo and melodic solos, and someone who likes death metal-ish and acoustic stuff. then there's me who likes gothic black metal and tech-no industrial stuff, we're all different. we have to accept it, and embrace it. It's what makes us unique and a truly more talented and different sounding. Which added together, makes one unique band. =)
Quote by Necrotic
well, when u meet him, just make small talk and just talk a bout what kind of music u like, but DON'T criticize him on his music interests bc it's the first time you've met him/her and if you do that, they'll just out right hate u. lol, well, not really, but i felt like blowing things up a bit for ya'.
Music difference is essential for a band, my band is made up of some who likes classic metal, someone who likes screamo and melodic solos, and someone who likes death metal-ish and acoustic stuff. then there's me who likes gothic black metal and tech-no industrial stuff, we're all different. we have to accept it, and embrace it. It's what makes us unique and a truly more talented and different sounding. Which added together, makes one unique band. =)

well those are diffrent tastes but not extrodianry most of the metal you listed is derived from neo-classical which is from just plain classic.this guy might like the blues and thats way diffrent then punk.but yeah just see whats up theres no reason yall both can't jam with this dude
thanks all, yea im into pretty much anything but i dont really like the pop punk stuf my friend listens to, but i like the idea of having a jam with both and meeting the drummer and jamming with him later...
Clocks tick. Your days are numbered in low digits.
You look suspicious - suspect niggas is bitches,
Get chopped up, grade-A meat, somethin' delicious