I was wondering what a good distortion pedal would be to play stuff from AC/DC to GNR.
Neverender:SSTB 4/19

Goddamn this cursed iron fist. When I lose control!

[quote="'[VictorinoX"]']You, sir, win epically.
Quote by Ghold125
MI Audio Crunch Box

t3h 1337ness.

Quote by Pwningplayer
I use the Boss DS-1. It works well for Clapton to Zeppelin.

no.
Valveking CLIPS/Gear HERE
Eh that's a little pricey for me.

If you wanted to get something really great you could get a Chandler Tube Driver. You can't beat real tube gain boxes. :]
Quote by forsaknazrael
You should probably mug John Frusciante or Ritchie Blackmore. They're small guys, we could take 'em.

Just look out for that other guy in the Red Hot Chili Peppers, Will Farrel. He's a tall mofo, got a long reach.

Quote by Invader Jim
I give up.

Anywhere I can get a sound clip of these? The Chandler and the Crunch Box aren't on GC.

Wow that thing is a sexy beast lol. I might just save a lil extra for it. What do you think about the Boss BD-2 Blues Driver?

The bd-2 is an ok pedal, but imo doesn't have a fullness to be used on it's on.
Uh lol I just have a 8w starter amp that I got my LP jr. I'm gonna try to get a Marshall for Christmas tho

uh oh, this thread might have just made a wrong turn...
What kind of Marshall are we talking about?
Umm I'm not entirely sure yet I still have to go try some out the MG15DFX seems OK. Is there something wrong with Marshall?

Rofl I didn't even see that post forsakn.

Let's just say Marshall Mg's are not the best of the bunch.
So do you want a new amp, or a new pedal?
Well I'd like both but I don't have the greatest budget and me and my friend bought a Line 6 Uber Metal cuz we thought id sounded good in the store but I don't really want to play metal 24/7 and since he borrows it a lot I'm stuck with my amp's shitty drive so I figured a good pedal would be an inexpensive way to pretty up the sound.

TS, the way I see it you have 2 possibilities.

I'm assuming you're playing through a not so fantastic solid state amp. If that is the case you can either:

1) Get a tube based crunch box like the Tube driver, there are others out there that are in mass production on websites like musiciansfriend I just couldn't think of any other names.
--Note: If you're going to get an overdrive and you don't want a new amp for a little while, make sure you stick with the tube based. They'll sound infinitely better than the non-tube based ones going through a solid state amp

2) Get yourself a good amp. The Valve Junior isn't great, but it's not bad. The little Blackhearts are pretty good. There are tons of threads on amps around here, read up if you're still interested.

Thats my two cents.
Quote by forsaknazrael
You should probably mug John Frusciante or Ritchie Blackmore. They're small guys, we could take 'em.

Just look out for that other guy in the Red Hot Chili Peppers, Will Farrel. He's a tall mofo, got a long reach.

Quote by Invader Jim
I give up.

Well I have about 200 or so of my own money and with Christmas I'm not entirely sure because I just got a new guitar for my birthday and I bought new pickups and some other things so my mom said I'm not gonna get as much presents this year since this was so much (we are quite middle class if you haven't noticed)

Yeah that seems cool for the price, Ill have to see if I can try it out at GC

boss sd1 pedal. will give you more gain than a tubescreamer. cant go wrong. ds1 in my opinion is horrible by itself

used peavey classic 50 212 combo. crunchy as. great classic rock cleans and overdrive. loud enough and reliable. cannot go wrong. tone for days