Page 1 of 3
more people want to play guitar then drums?!!

drums are also a big part of any band.

plus drummers bang really hard!

lol

(:
because drummers lack intelligence alot of the time?
Tampa Bay Buccaneers

South Carolina Gamecocks

Quote by SGstriker
Chef Strato-Massacre: Cooking shitstorms since that comment.

Quote by PurpleClawz
Damnit why are you full of so much win
Because the guitarist gets all the glory
Fear the Evil Chainsaw Wielding Penguin...
Forgot where I saw it, but drums are the last ones to get banged. Anyone have the list I'm referring to?
"CHOOSE YOUR FATE AND DIE!!"

-- Do as I say, not as I do. --
a guitar takes less time to tune as well.
Tampa Bay Buccaneers

South Carolina Gamecocks

Quote by SGstriker

Quote by PurpleClawz
guitars are portable, and they also have more melody. it takes a lot of ability to sound great at drums without anybody else there.
_b l/ink youreyes /1 for yes 2 fo_r n o
Drums cost an arm and a leg while you can get a git for, like... $150.

Edit: A drum kit costs an arm and a leg though a car accident costs drummers only an arm.
dammit trefelllin, i knew i forgot one.
Tampa Bay Buccaneers

South Carolina Gamecocks

Quote by SGstriker

Quote by PurpleClawz
i mean i agree with everything yall are saying. but guitar now a days is becoming a trend.
Quote by Onzaso
Forgot where I saw it, but drums are the last ones to get banged. Anyone have the list I'm referring to?

Ahhh yes... That list has given me many a good laugh over the years. I think it's something like this:

Singer
Guiarist
Bassist
Fans
Singer again
Drummer

I KNOW for a fact that's not right but eh...
Quote by TOcheesehead
guitars are portable, and they also have more melody. it takes a lot of ability to sound great at drums without anybody else there.

BRIAN. SCHNEIDER.
Drummers may bang hard but guitarists can tap the fastest.
Questions of science
Science and progress
Do not speak as loud as my heart
Quote by xSinderella
i mean i agree with everything yall are saying. but guitar now a days is becoming a trend.

It's always been a trend. A guitar is just cheaper, more versatile and easier to handle.

Drums are vital though and a good drummer is a gem.
=xSinderella
drummers bang really hard!

(:

you would know this how?
Quote by Trefellin
Anyone with half a brain knows that Jesus is way more metal than Satan. Lucifer was the worlds very first emo.

Quote by glowinghamster4'

i just want to let you know that made my day.

Quote by Weaponized
Solid state master race
Quote by Jlovesmetal

I like this.

Women, take your pick.
BRIAN. SCHNEIDER.
Quote by Onzaso

yeah, mick mars gets beter chicks then tommy lee
Quote by Jlovesmetal

siging
Tampa Bay Buccaneers

South Carolina Gamecocks

Quote by SGstriker

Quote by PurpleClawz
Because you touch yourself at night.

But, honestly, the whole parent's not really wanting to hear all of that "racket" is the main reason I didn't take up the drums, although now that I'm on my own...who knows.
I agree there should be more drummers, I know plenty of guitarists but only like 2 drummers in my area
Ibanez RG7321
Jackson Randy Rhoads V with Floyd Rose
Peavey Valveking 112
Digitech RP70 Guitar Processor
drums are too loud and too space consuming for average households

and when kids watch tv and see an awesome rock band playing they usually see the guitarist and go "wow!"

but yea, because of that drummers are so hard to find it's like finding a healer in online games
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")

GENERATION 9: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
I'd also like to say that I make fun of drummers but I do that about all the other instrument players. It's all good fun to stereotype.

Singer = Ego
Guitar = Ego
Bass = Who?
Drums = Stupid
haha okay okay i was kidding about the banging part and i don't care how do able drummers are. i was just curious as to why more people want to play guitar then drums!
Quote by Strato-Massacre
because drummers lack intelligence alot of the time?

This. Also the fact that nice sets cost a lot(not that guitar/rigs don't) but you also have to replace cymbals and sticks. Drums are also a lot harder to carry around.
Quote by Ez0ph
That was a different Feb08er that threatened to suck you off
I remember that

Sadly, I was the threatened.
Quote by Firenze

Let it be known that I concur with everything this gentleman says, ever.

www.myspace.com/tarsusmusic
Quote by Trefellin
I'd also like to say that I make fun of drummers but I do that about all the other instrument players. It's all good fun to stereotype.

Singer = Ego
Guitar = Ego
Bass = Who?
Drums = Stupid

I know...
you established that in your first post, i believe, sinderella.
Tampa Bay Buccaneers

South Carolina Gamecocks

Quote by SGstriker

Quote by PurpleClawz
Quote by Trefellin
Drums cost an arm and a leg while you can get a git for, like... $150.

Edit: A drum kit costs an arm and a leg though a car accident costs drummers only an arm.

You're a bad man... Def Leapord was never the same after that, no matter what anyone says.

And to TS, because guitar is sexy, that's why.
Quote by xSinderella
haha okay okay i was kidding about the banging part and i don't care how do able drummers are. i was just curious as to why more people want to play guitar then drums!

If you play by yourself with guitar, you'll actually produce something that sounds like the song. The guitar is more memorable and you can produce a regular tune alone with that. If you play alone on drums, you're just making a beat or doing a drum solo which you don't see anymore really.

Most people start off playing with themselves.

Edit: No, not like that.
Quote by Trefellin

This guy wants a word....

Well for me it was because of a few reasons.

1) Drums are really loud, even if you practise in a garage or something, they are still loud, you can't really dampen them unless you get electronic drums which most of the time costs even more.

2) Drums are expensive. To get a decent starter set it's like $700 opposed to like $100 for guitar.

3) Guitars are way cooler. Think of it, you walk onto stage holding a killer axe and let out a face melting, gut busting, sweet ass solo. Now think of a drummer. You do some sweet ass drum rolls and stuff, but... eh.

4) Drummers (most of the time) are never really anything without the rest of the band. I can name maybe like 3 awesome drummers, but I can name like 100's of guitar players and 100's of bass players. Hell I can even name some sweet ass keyboard players. You can't really do a solo album or anything with drums (although that'd be cool, I think it'd get old kinda fast, you can do millions of combinations of notes on any other instrument, with drums it's all set to how many drums you have).
How about bass?
I can find plenty of Guitarists and Drummers, but I only know like 3 people that play bass.
BRIAN. SCHNEIDER.
Quote by TooFast
This. Also the fact that nice sets cost a lot(not that guitar/rigs don't) but you also have to replace cymbals and sticks. Drums are also a lot harder to carry around.

Oh yeah, you need a fucking truck to move a drum kit. Three if you're Neil Pert...

This thread is now about how awesome Neil Peart is.
I would drum, and i tried to save up for a drum set last year, but im sixteen and my dad said he didnt want the noise from it, also i had no way of getting lessons (no job=no money). So i stuck to just guitar.
Quote by Lt. Shinysides
so what you're saying is that, after getting out of the water naked with 5+ guys, you thought that once the girls were around you had better get some clothes on?

Quote by SenorSmiley
more parents will deal with guitars then drums

this why i ultimately became a guitarist
would still like a drum set though
Hobbit lol. Drummers don't really need lessons, if you pay for lessons it's fairly pointless, you may as well just practise by ear.

Don't get me wrong.. Neil Peart himself practiced for a year with a drum pad and lessons before getting a set, but most of the time you're better off learning on your own with drums.
Quote by monkeysintheday
How about bass?
I can find plenty of Guitarists and Drummers, but I only know like 3 people that play bass.

What? Those silly, big-ass guitars that are missing two strings?
Quote by Fassa Albrecht

This guy wants a word....

that is so messed up.
lol he might have one arm but hes still a pretty good drummer!
Page 1 of 3