Ok. GC really shouldnt sell something under its original name if its main components arent stock. I bought a Jackson 'DXMG' and just about the only stock is the neck and body. They come in all black, but mine has a chrome LFR, chrome tuners, and 2 really crappy, unidentifiable humbuckers. Hell, even the middle screw on the locking nut was smaller than the other two.Same body shape, same neck. But nothing else. I bought this for 250, and am seriously thinking if I can sell it back to them for about the same, citing dislike of instrument, and lack of mod's made to it. Seriously, I only changed the setup (barely, so that it would take EB Hybrids) and put strings on it. Though i doubt they will. The action/setup and such arent that bad, but it just looks weird with the chrome on black. PLUS i want to get away from the stratish shape, and go with a V or explorer type. ALSO, i was going to get a new Peavey Vypyr 30w, but because of a few circumstances, thats more than likely not going to happen. SO i've got approx. 125 dollars to spend (or save until my next paycheck) plus what i can possibly get from my guitar.

*/rant*
Gear:
Agile Ash RB 828
Schecter C-7 (old 90s style headstock)
Handbuilt 6-string V
Handbuilt Baritone scale 6 string Iceman-copy
Pod HD300
No. Its been 6ish months V_V I know, i wont be able to return it.
Gear:
Agile Ash RB 828
Handbuilt 6-string V
Pod HD300
Quote by Jango22
Ok. GC really shouldnt sell something under its original name if its main components arent stock. I bought a Jackson 'DXMG' and just about the only stock is the neck and body. They come in all black, but mine has a chrome LFR, chrome tuners, and 2 really crappy, unidentifiable humbuckers. Hell, even the middle screw on the locking nut was smaller than the other two.Same body shape, same neck. But nothing else. I bought this for 250, and am seriously thinking if I can sell it back to them for about the same, citing dislike of instrument, and lack of mod's made to it. Seriously, I only changed the setup (barely, so that it would take EB Hybrids) and put strings on it. Though i doubt they will. The action/setup and such arent that bad, but it just looks weird with the chrome on black. PLUS i want to get away from the stratish shape, and go with a V or explorer type. ALSO, i was going to get a new Peavey Vypyr 30w, but because of a few circumstances, thats more than likely not going to happen. SO i've got approx. 125 dollars to spend (or save until my next paycheck) plus what i can possibly get from my guitar.

*/rant*

how long ago did you buyit from GC ? if it wasnt that long ago just take it back with teh reciept . if you cant sell it on craigslist.org ..

Why shop at GC? isnt their a locally owned music store ? Guitar center is owned by the same shitheads who own staples . GC sells christmas time guitars (guitars that people buy their kids at christmas) . local stores will usually carry far better quality guitars have better set up and actually care about you the customer .
The local music stores have no where near the selection. And their expensive. And small. And you cant play the guitars...seriously, the 2 stores that are near me either sell off brands or have 6 guitars in the whole store.
Gear:
Agile Ash RB 828
Handbuilt 6-string V
Pod HD300
Quote by Jango22
The local music stores have no where near the selection. And their expensive. And small. And you cant play the guitars...seriously, the 2 stores that are near me either sell off brands or have 6 guitars in the whole store.

Which off brands ? some off My best guitars, over the last 30 years have been "off brands" . My heritage guitars or my baker while off brands , would blow anything away from Guitar center both in looks and sound
Theres no way that you will be able to sell back the guitar for anywhere near the price you paid.
Indiana guitars. And I know i wont get the same. I'll see how much i can get, and if its not that much, i'll craigslist it for 250.
Gear:
Agile Ash RB 828
Handbuilt 6-string V
Pod HD300
You bought it for 250$, which means it was a second hand guitar? Normally they are 450 i think.
If you buy a second hand guitar, it could be that some parts aren't original anymore.
Imo, GC did nothing wrong. They just sold you a second hand guitar.
Hufschmid
Blackat
Washburn USA Custom Shop
PRS
Mayones
Orange
Diezel
Engl
Yes, i know. But they could've told me that the parts werent stock. I was a newb back then, so i didnt really know.
What are some good custom shops? Preferably not TOO expensive...
Gear:
Agile Ash RB 828
Handbuilt 6-string V
Pod HD300
^Im sorry, but every noob has his piece of gear he regrets buying. Thats how you find out what you like and what you dont like. You wont make the same mistake twice.

Custom shop and not expensive in the same sentence equals LOL

Good custom shops: Ran, Carvin, Warmoth, Jackson CS, ESP CS
But if you dont have 2000$, i'd buy stock gear second hand.
Custom guitars cost alot of money, and you have to wait long till you have it.
Hufschmid
Blackat
Washburn USA Custom Shop
PRS
Mayones
Orange
Diezel
Engl
Last edited by LP_CL at Oct 14, 2008,
Yeah, but i feel really stupid cause i was like OMG jackson! and immediately snapped up the 'deal'.
And i hadn't really researched the price T_T never mind on custom.
I'll post it on craigslist and see what i can get.
Gear:
Agile Ash RB 828
Handbuilt 6-string V
Pod HD300
LP CL is completely right. GC didn't do anything wrong. They sold a guitar. It's the buyers job to know what they're getting before paying for it.

LPCL- The Ran prices have had an increase over the past year. Quality went down and wait time had gone up. I put in a quote last year, but had money issues so couldn't get it. I put in the same quote the beginning of this year and it's much more.
^yeah i heard this story befor. Never played a new RAN, but the one i played was 3 years old, and it played like a dream. Almost like a Jackson lol.
Hufschmid
Blackat
Washburn USA Custom Shop
PRS
Mayones
Orange
Diezel
Engl