I quit smoking cigs for about 3 weeks now. It's going good and I plan to keep it this way for the rest of my life.

2 weeks ago I went to a hookah bar with friends and because hookah has some tobacco in it, I resisted.

Last Friday, I went again and this time, I thought "maybe just a few puffs" and had about 3 puffs. Promptly put the mouthpiece down and didn't touch it after that.
But the next morning, I had withdrawls and cravings that I initially experienced in the first few days that I quit. Not as strong of course, but still there. The next day I was ok and back to my normal self.

I'm going to the Satriani show in a few days, and I wanted to relax with my buddies and go to the hookah bar, and see if they offer tobacco-less hookah.

Will this still cause withdrawls for me? I'm leaning towards not doing it and sticking with chron, but if I know that it's fine to do, then maybe I'll go and just have moderate amounts.
Lost interest.
They make shisha made out of sugar cane i think. But that doesn't guarantee that they'll have it.

There's no nicotine in this so if they offer it i'd definitely take it over tobacco
^So positively there's no nicotine in this -> no withdrawls/impeding my quitting?

Do most shisha bars offer it?
Lost interest.
Quote by ZylitoL
^So positively there's no nicotine in this -> no withdrawls/impeding my quitting?

Do most shisha bars offer it?

I've never asked for it so I'm not sure about the availability. I don't think there's any nicotine since its not actually tobacco, but I'd ask anyways.

But I think just the fact that you're smoking and in an environment with alot of smoke it could make it more difficult to quit.
Quote by neojazzical
But I think just the fact that you're smoking and in an environment with alot of smoke it could make it more difficult to quit.

Ehh I've been thinking about this for the last little while and am now wondering if chron will also cause similar psychological withdrawls...
Lost interest.
Quitter.

Why don't you just quit life too?

I always thought that Shisha tobacco was a very, very low nicotine count.

My guess would be that you got withdrawals from the feeling of smoking.

For me, when I need a smoke, all I can think about is the action of pulling out a smoke, then my lighter and lighting it. It's not so much the actual nicotine, but rather the action/feeling of smoking.
http://groups.ultimate-guitar.com/westaussie/

Quote by StratPat

Quote by blacksabbath8
So I had to take a massive dump, and I went in the bassment. So it's been down there for a while and the stench is terrible and i think it's seeping into the floor.

Quote by emery01
Quitter.

Why don't you just quit life too?

I always thought that Shisha tobacco was a very, very low nicotine count.

My guess would be that you got withdrawals from the feeling of smoking.

For me, when I need a smoke, all I can think about is the action of pulling out a smoke, then my lighter and lighting it. It's not so much the actual nicotine, but rather the action/feeling of smoking.

lol

I can sort of attest to that; I've been ruling out the psychological withdrawls all this time, only thinking about the physical ones.

I think I'm just gonna lay off any and all tobacco (and smoking in general), at least until the end of 2008.
Lost interest.