Some fo you may know, i just got a new bass amp and PA system recently. Then after my bands gig on sunday (check my bands profile for info (( Crimson Insanity )) ) and my mom saw me eyeballing a Fender Jazz Aerodyne Bass from Japan (first fender bass and first japanese bass!) she got me it for $450 i think it rocks. i dont know how it'll sounds because im used to a jazz bass by squier, but how different could the sound actually be? so thats what im asking you. I can still play slap, rock funk and all the good j-bass stuff with the p-bass pick up it has on it, right?
Try adding more delay.
Quote by telecastrmastr
I can still play slap, rock funk and all the good j-bass stuff with the p-bass pick up it has on it, right?

Blasphemy! The police will arrest you for such a sin. Sarcasm... You can play it however you want. Heck, grab a pick and do some black metal tremolo picking.
Quote by breakdown123
Is there such a thing as a heavy riff with out chugging on the e string?
The Aerodyne isn't bad. I think it really depends on how much you use your J's neck pickup
Quote by C0_0kie
guitar solo - "meh, every song got one"
bass solo - "OMGZ0R U IS PRO MENZ"

Quote by lucertia.
fapfapfapfapfapfap

burgerburgerburgerburger

Quote by DeAd-RiP
Sir I would like to sex your bass.
yeah. it will do fingerstyle funk better now actually.
Quote by FatalGear41
I wouldn't call what we have here on the Bass Forum a mentality. It's more like the sharing part of an AA meeting.

Quote by Jason Jillard
HUMANITY WHATS WRONG WITH YOU.

Warwick Fortress>>Acoustic AB50

http://www.myspace.com/rustingbloom
You have a PA system?
and how old are you again?
(that's not supposed to be insulting, I really am rather curious)
Quote by Hal-Sephira

We all have the rights to be mad

So does you
he's 14. damn. wow.
Quote by FatalGear41
I wouldn't call what we have here on the Bass Forum a mentality. It's more like the sharing part of an AA meeting.

Quote by Jason Jillard

Quote by the humanity
he's 14. damn. wow.

when did you turn fourteen? last time I checked (I think) you were 13.
Happy Birthday.
Quote by Hal-Sephira

So does you
You spoiled little brat! :P

The only thing that matters is that the bass has strings. Once those are available, you can play anything you want, any way you want.
Quote by goest
You spoiled little brat! :P

The only thing that matters is that the bass has strings. Once those are available, you can play anything you want, any way you want.

I hate to be a smartass but you can't play what Tom Morello does if you don't have a tremolo bar and a killswitch.
Quote by Hal-Sephira

So does you
Quote by Victory2134

when did you turn fourteen? last time I checked (I think) you were 13.
Happy Birthday.

just for you. a monkey and a cake.
Quote by FatalGear41

Quote by Jason Jillard

XD lol i didnt realize so many people payed attention to me i turned 14 9/16 XD so last month, and ya i sold a bass to get the PA. and thanks for the help all
Try adding more delay.
Sorry I missed it man. So when can I expect some soundclips and pics?
Quote by Hal-Sephira

So does you
Quote by Victory2134
Sorry I missed it man. So when can I expect some soundclips and pics?

after we get our cd amde im gunna post it up XD adn we got the pics up XD
Try adding more delay.
So you have a nice PA system and an Aerodyne Jazz, but you play through an Ampeg?

"One of these things is not like the other"
Quote by Hal-Sephira

So does you
Quote by Victory2134

I hate to be a smartass but you can't play what Tom Morello does if you don't have a tremolo bar and a killswitch.

What you say is true. But, I was just trying to put my two cents in and not just spam the topic...smartass.
Quote by goest
What you say is true. But, I was just trying to put my two cents in and not just spam the topic...smartass.

Oops, I forgot about spamming.

umm, yeah, I heard them Aerodynes got a good tone that you can get right out of them now can't ya?
Quote by Hal-Sephira

So does you
Quote by Victory2134
So you have a nice PA system and an Aerodyne Jazz, but you play through an Ampeg?

Ampeg's not bad. as long as it aint BA series, that crap is more like BS. howzabout some Acoustic for BA? my AB50 is pretty BadAss...
Quote by FatalGear41

Quote by Jason Jillard

Quote by the humanity
Ampeg's not bad. as long as it aint BA series, that crap is more like BS. howzabout some Acoustic for BA? my AB50 is pretty BadAss...

The same AB50 that your guitarist blew?
Quote by Hal-Sephira

So does you
lol funny cuz it is a BA115 XD i liek it, it sounds good to me, and i make everything bad good XD its abotu the player, not the equipment, (; its not as great as an SVT but you gotts start somewhere (:
Try adding more delay.
Aerodyne for $450?

14, or 78, like I am, that's a great deal. And a great axe.
Quote by Cody_Grey102
I was looking at a used Warwick Vampyre LTD 5'er for about $200. I went home to grab my wallet and came back and some jerk with an epic beard got it already..
Quote by thefitz
Aerodyne for $450?

14, or 78, like I am, that's a great deal. And a great axe.

Actually, with the current U.S. economic crash, I have seen a lot of great deals on basses recently. In fact, Craigslist/eBay prices have been dropping considerably. I just picked up a Warwick Jazzman last weekend for $700 USD. I'd say, if anyone wants some new (well used, but you get the idea) gear, then now is probably the time. Might as well pick up what you can before the banks shut down and the dollar is devalued into nothingness.

Anyway, to TS, congrats on the Aerodyne (and the birthday). I've always loved the build and pick-up configuration. If only they made it with a P-Bass neck I'd be all over one
I got in everyone's hostile little face. Yes, these are bruises from fighting. Yes, I'm comfortable with that. I am enlightened.
Funky Muthafucka Of The Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 To Join.
UG Irish Clan-Póg mo thóin
Quote by Caustic
Beast Within, you're awesome.
Quote by the humanity

just for you. a monkey and a cake.

that is win
Fender '51 Precision Bass
Hofner Verythin LTD Edition Guitar in Walnut w/ Bigsby
Engelhardt ES9 Upright Bass
1968 Trayner YBA 1A MK II Amp
w/ 6x10 cabinet

www.iaminlimbo.com
Quote by Victory2134
The same AB50 that your guitarist blew?

well... it was pretty badass.

and thanks epy.
Quote by FatalGear41

Quote by Jason Jillard

Quote by Victory2134

i hate to be a smartarse but he doesnt use a killswitch he uses his pickup selector
why would you play tom morello stuff on bass anyways?

x
Fender Geddy Lee Jazz
Warwick Corvette $$
Rockbass Streamer Fretless
Hartke HA5000
SWR Triad

Quote by Victory2134
I happen to enjoy every mankiss from shinhoman.
Quote by shinhoman
i hate to be a smartarse but he doesnt use a killswitch he uses his pickup selector
why would you play tom morello stuff on bass anyways?

x

Because you want to be cool, duh.

X
Quote by Hal-Sephira

So does you
Quote by Victory2134

I play a Musicman Sterling through a Line 6.

Yeah.

Quote by Windfall32
I play a Musicman Sterling through a Line 6.

Yeah.

I feel your pain man, instead of saving up for a nice Musicman Bongo, I should be saving up to replace my LD175.
Quote by Hal-Sephira

So does you
Quote by Beast_Within
Actually, with the current U.S. economic crash, I have seen a lot of great deals on basses recently. In fact, Craigslist/eBay prices have been dropping considerably. I just picked up a Warwick Jazzman last weekend for $700 USD. I'd say, if anyone wants some new (well used, but you get the idea) gear, then now is probably the time. Might as well pick up what you can before the banks shut down and the dollar is devalued into nothingness.

Anyway, to TS, congrats on the Aerodyne (and the birthday). I've always loved the build and pick-up configuration. If only they made it with a P-Bass neck I'd be all over one
Wow, thats actually a good idea ! Time for an SVT!
Referring to Victor Wooten
Quote by Nutter_101
"Wa wa wa English is my first language, music is my second blah blah blah wank wank wank I rule, love me suck my dick."

That's all I heard in that entire interview.

My Band:
http://www.myspace.com/closedfortonight
XD now i just have to wait 2 weeks for check to go through and for shipping from new york....and now im to excited to wait @_@ no!!!!!!
Try adding more delay.
I have no idea where you saw an aerodyne for 450. get it. On Guitarcenter.com its 750.

u have a steal there
Quote by Beast_Within

Wrong! Wrong! Wrong!

Here's the best way to do it.

1) Take out a big loan from the bank. Interest rates and stuff don't matter, you won't be paying for a while.

2) Buy all the gear and stuff possible.

3) The US economy fails. The dollar becomes worthless. Congress passes new legislation raising the minimum wage to $400 an hour.

4) Then pay the money back.

But seriously, I envy your new Aerodyne.
Quote by Captain Insano
Wrong! Wrong! Wrong!

Here's the best way to do it.

1) Take out a big loan from the bank. Interest rates and stuff don't matter, you won't be paying for a while.

2) Buy all the gear and stuff possible.

3) The US economy fails. The dollar becomes worthless. Congress passes new legislation raising the minimum wage to $400 an hour.

4) Then pay the money back.

But seriously, I envy your new Aerodyne.

That sounds like it will only (at least initially) worsen the current economic crisis. Plus, if things get bad enough, they could bring back "debtors prison" and then you'd be ****ed
I got in everyone's hostile little face. Yes, these are bruises from fighting. Yes, I'm comfortable with that. I am enlightened.
Quote by Caustic
Quote by Beast_Within
That sounds like it will only (at least initially) worsen the current economic crisis. Plus, if things get bad enough, they could bring back "debtors prison" and then you'd be ****ed

This happened right before the american revolution. In reality, it helped people avoid debtors prison because they were only required to pay back what they borrowed and the original american paper dollar depreciated very quickly due to the king's poor economic management and mercantilism.
There's your history lesson in the bass forum for today.
Quote by Hal-Sephira

So does you
Quote by Victory2134
This happened right before the american revolution. In reality, it helped people avoid debtors prison because they were only required to pay back what they borrowed and the original american paper dollar depreciated very quickly due to the king's poor economic management and mercantilism.
There's your history lesson in the bass forum for today.

Yes it is a good strategy, so long as you exchange your borrowed paper money for something that you will be able to sell once the dollar is devalued. However, I would not say that instruments/amps would be the best investment in this case as they are often hard to sell, especially when everyone is broke. If you were going to buy anything I would suggest purchasing either precious metals/stones (gold, silver, diamonds, etc.) or foreign currency (Yuan, Yen, perhaps Rubles).
Quote by Caustic
Quote by Beast_Within
Yes it is a good strategy, so long as you exchange your borrowed paper money for something that you will be able to sell once the dollar is devalued. However, I would not say that instruments/amps would be the best investment in this case as they are often hard to sell, especially when everyone is broke. If you were going to buy anything I would suggest purchasing either precious metals/stones (gold, silver, diamonds, etc.) or foreign currency (Yuan, Yen, perhaps Rubles).

Foreign currency wouldn't cut it. As the dollar depreciates so does other forms of currency because of the global economies reliance on the american economy. The best investment would be to buy something you know will last for a while and end up making you a shiteload of money in the end. i.e. precious metals and stones like you said. But if you want to blow all your money, by all means, buy as many amps and basses as you can.
Quote by Hal-Sephira

So does you
Quote by Victory2134
Foreign currency wouldn't cut it. As the dollar depreciates so does other forms of currency because of the global economies reliance on the american economy. The best investment would be to buy something you know will last for a while and end up making you a shiteload of money in the end. i.e. precious metals and stones like you said. But if you want to blow all your money, by all means, buy as many amps and basses as you can.

The Great British Pound just wins, lol.
Also, Aerodynes are pretty sweet lookin basses, so TS is lucky to get one cheap =D
Quote by jamierulesworld
The Great British Pound just wins, lol.
Also, Aerodynes are pretty sweet lookin basses, so TS is lucky to get one cheap =D

The pound is actually falling against the dollar now.

Really, the best investments as gold etc at the moment. They still fluctuate in price, but will always have decent value. Currency, not so much.
Warwick freak of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join

Quote by elliott FTW
Damn you and Warwickyness

Quote by ScottB
Quote by CLIFF_BURTON
gm jack knows everything
+1
Off to the gold mines for me then! I hope the economic stuff is a bit better so I get a decent deal on a bass next month.
Gear:

Musicman SUB 5
Ibanez SRX305
Ibanez GSR200
Ashdown MAG300 C115
Ashdown MAG 210 cab

Soon a Fender Deluxe Jazz V & an LTD 206
Quote by gm jack
The pound is actually falling against the dollar now.

Really, the best investments as gold etc at the moment. They still fluctuate in price, but will always have decent value. Currency, not so much.

Maybe so, but with the (imminent) fall of the U.S. as a superpower (first economically and then militarily), the economies of both China and Russia should be looking at some pretty serious growth. I'm not saying that this will occur immediately, but China's economy has been steadily improving for some time now (discounting the current worldwide losses) and Russia has made some recent moves to allow for the reformation the the old Soviet Union (in the form of political negotiations with several of the of the bordering nations and the opposition to U.S. influence in Georgia). I would still say that, although not so safe an investment as gold, both the Yuan (Chinese) and Ruble (Russian) should be pretty good bets in the long run and if nothing else, surely more solid than than the U.S. Dollar.
Quote by Caustic