i have a gibson epiphone with shitty pickups and i want to add new ones, but i dont know any brands...
what kinda music do you mostly play?
"My jedi powers are far more superior than yours"
Quote by killer puppy
METALLLL!!!!!

then i would say emgs, but for me personally, i don't really like them
sex, drugs, and rock and roll have turned into aids, needles, and techno..
ya get some emgs, the infamous 81/85 for teh metulz!!!!
well i have an old-ish 15 watt crate amp. will that do any good?
Last edited by killer puppy at Oct 14, 2008,
Quote by HighPotency
Depends on your amp. If you have a SS amp, EMGs won't do much for you.

oh ya he's got a point. if its an SS you better get some passives ombre (friend).. if you have a tube amp though you better get some emgs. do you kno what model that crate is?
After googling that amp dude, you might just wanna save up for something a bit better lol. I would suggest a Peavey Valveking if your into metal, I'm sure the 5w version would be enough for the bedroom rocker. It's a nice tube amp, heard nothing but good about them.
http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Peavey-ValveKing-Royal-8-Tube-Guitar-Combo-Amp?sku=481661
Quote by killer puppy
exactly :P

now i gotta see if my parents are willing to lend me that kind of money XD

Bring that amp right next to 'em, turn that piece of crap amp all the way up, strum all open notes, and then tell them thats why you need a new amp lol. Oh make sure the gain is turned all the way up too. And of course, if it has mids, lower them to 0, because scooped mids sound awful lol.
Quote by RabbidWolf
Bring that amp right next to 'em, turn that piece of crap amp all the way up, strum all open notes, and then tell them thats why you need a new amp lol. Oh make sure the gain is turned all the way up too. And of course, if it has mids, lower them to 0, because scooped mids sound awful lol.

As people said, EMGs are best with a (good) tube amp.

I'd recommend a passive DiMarzio or Seymour Duncan. They both have websites where you can enter some options and have it spit out some options for you. Look at what they have, but a couple options are the DiMarzio X2N and D Activators and the SD JB-4 and Invaders.