While recording in studio last week I had a mind blowing experience. I was tracking guitar on a Framus Cobra amp and when I started getting set up the engineer told me "Don't use the lead channel, it has TOO MUCH GAIN." So I followed his advice.

I was on the crunch/rhythm channel with gain probably at around 1 o'clock and the tone coming out of the cab was crazy; very defined and rich sounding. I am currently looking at getting some kind of new amp but now I don't know what I want. I was planning on getting a 6505 combo but now I just don't know. When I've tested 6505s out I can't get anywhere near such a nice tone out of them.

I play melodic metalcore [mix dethklok and I Killed the Prom Queen]
I want to spend some where between 800-1200 dollars US.
I would prefer a 1/2 stack as the venue I play most does a horrible job of PAing guitars no matter what you tell them to do and has no monitors.

Do not suggest bugeras, B52s, or Marshalls.
Rig:
Schecter Hellraiser FR
Peavey 6505 Head
Vader 4x12
BBE 482

DOD EQ
Boss NS-2
Quote by GuitarFreak1387
mesa

+1
look for a used Stiletto or Dual/Triple Rec.

though i doubt you could get that for the price you have, a good cab (I prefer Mesa 412's) is like $800 or so, maybe down to $650 if you're really lucky
Now officially has too much gear to list

PM me if you want to know about my recording setup
yeah im saveing up for a mesa roadster with a 2x12 cab its like 2,600 all together, after hearing that bitch cranked up i have no need for a 4x12 right no, nor will i realy ever.
"and has no monitors." that sucks bad....get a monitor, thats important man.

what kind of amp did you use that you liked?

If you crank up the volume the 6505 it sounds better.
Quote by ILoveGuitar07
"and has no monitors." that sucks bad....get a monitor, thats important man.

what kind of amp did you use that you liked?

If you crank up the volume the 6505 it sounds better.

+1 get your own monitor and have them send a channel out to it for you.
Quote by moody07747
+1 get your own monitor and have them send a channel out to it for you.

it won't be only just for you either so you can hear yourself, it also helps fill the room.

spend $500-$600 on a monitor to get something decent.

Does it feel like something is missing when you're doing ur sound check and your out where the audience would be?
you can nab a cobra used for between 1300 and 1700 on ebay. save up some more cash, then get a decent 4x12.