If you hypnotized someone into having sex with you, would it be considered rape?

Poll: Sex via Hypnotism Rape?
Poll Options
View poll results: Sex via Hypnotism Rape?
Yes
39 87%
No
6 13%
Voters: 45.
First off, I'm not a rapist, and not looking to get laid. But I have been doing a bit a research on the subject for a potential concept album I've been toying with, and well it raised an interesting question.

Hypnotized people do such bizarre things so willingly, this theory holds, because the conscious mind is not filtering and relaying the information they take in. It seems like the hypnotist's suggestions are coming directly from the subconscious, rather than from another person. You react automatically to these impulses and suggestions, just as you would to your own thoughts. Of course, your subconscious mind does have a conscience, a survival instinct and its own ideas, so there are a lot of things it won't agree to.

I'm not a hypnotist, don't plan on being one, or hypnotizing anyone, but if you did, and they had sex with you, would it be wrong? Because according to this, a person won't do something they're conscientiously against. So by going through with it, they'd be willing, even if it was on a subconscious level.

I'm not gonna share my view right away, because I want it to start out neutral, but what do you think?
Quote by ckellingc
However, I am and I was wondering the same thing...

Lmao, ever noticed the 2nd post of a thread is usually the most hilarious? Anyways, taking my own thread off topic, my bad.

Look into the eyes, the eyes, not around the eyes, look into my eyes.

You're under.

Quote by hazzmatazz
youmakemesmile...

Quote by sebastian_96
Today I stole a girls tampons for being such an annoying bitch.

MUFC

My love for you
Is like a truck
Berserker.
I can only see this ending terribly.
I can honestly say I have really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like.

I don't always post on UG, but when I do, I post in the Pit. Stay thirsty my friends.
yes

sex won't be life-threatening, so the subconsciousn will agree to it
Quote by TunerAddict,mdawg24
+Infinity

Listen to ExtremeMetalFTW, he knows what he is talking about...

Quote by vmanoman
I clicked System Restore and it said "System Restore Is Unable To Protect You".

^^SO KVLT!!
I've actually wondered the exact same thing.

and I'm gonna answer with a "Hopefully Not"
Quote by ckellingc
However, I am and I was wondering the same thing...

I voted yes because the person isn't conscious to make a decision.
Quote by DieGarbageMan
can i get a tl;dr up in this bitch?

A mod makes a joke and hi-jacks a thread...

Quote by paintITblack39
usually, this is often discussed in the political threads ...

let's change the question: are you pro or antti niemi?
i have been hypnotised and you are completly aware of your surronding and what is being asked of you but your sub concious thinks for you so i wouldnt call it rape because you would be aware of whats happening
IRON MAIDEN
8th Feb 2008, Melbourne, Australia

Quote by SatanicShredder
One time I shat on the floor on janitor appreciation day.

Wasn't even caught.

Certificate in Music Industry 2, 3 & 4
it really just does for really big geeks what copious amounts of alcohol do for the rest of us.
within you lay everything
every key
every secret

untouched and in plain sight
Of course it would be considered rape...

EDIT: Even if she consented to being hypnotized, it would still be rape, because she would not know that she was going to be raped.
Last edited by punk_metal at Oct 14, 2008,
Rape is any unwanted or non-consensual form of sexuality, whether physical or mental. Id the person did not agree to before hand, then yes, it would be rape.

I found out the hard way.
I would consider it rape, but on a theoretical level, they are consenting and saying it is ok, simply because you won't do something you don't want to do.

So if you do have sex, it means you wanted to.

At least that's how I've interpreted it.
clearly she's not truly consenting is she?
same as if she'd drunk or high or something.
I have this feeling a great number of people from the pit are goin to start learning how to Hypnotized people, just to get laid.
Quote by rossjohnson87
I would consider it rape, but on a theoretical level, they are consenting and saying it is ok, simply because you won't do something you don't want to do.

So if you do have sex, it means you wanted to.

At least that's how I've interpreted it.

Well, hypnotizing someone into having sex with you is along the lines of giving the person GHB, or another form of date-rape drug. It affects their mental state, so they can't control themselves the way they would have if unaltered. If you're hypnotizing the person into doing it, you're telling them that they will, or want to have sex with you. No matter how you look at it, it would be considered rape.

Unless of course the person consented to it before hand, knowing that they would be hypnotized.

It wouldn't hold up in court very well, though.
technically it would because it is not consensual and the person is not of sound mind, therefore cannot willingly consent, except for subconciously, which does not count as sound mind
^I S*** you not compadre!

Quote by Explorerpro
You Sir, Are Made Of Win.

Quote by El Hilliaro
Wow TS, this is a seriously great, original idea.

Anyway, I'm off, for some reason I have the strongest urge to listen to The Ramones.
Quote by Daffodil Lament
Well, hypnotizing someone into having sex with you is along the lines of giving the person GHB, or another form of date-rape drug. It affects their mental state, so they can't control themselves the way they would have if unaltered. If you're hypnotizing the person into doing it, you're telling them that they will, or want to have sex with you. No matter how you look at it, it would be considered rape.

Unless of course the person consented to it before hand, knowing that they would be hypnotized.

It wouldn't hold up in court very well, though.

All your doing is suggesting it, but not forcing it. It's only different in the fact that sex is such a heavy subject.

And isn't rape just forced sex?
It doesn't matter if its suggestion or force. Rape is rape. I'm speaking truth. It doesn't matter if you talk someone who is sound of mind into doing it. If that person decides to take legal actions afterward, then you could be held responsible for it.
Quote by Daffodil Lament
It doesn't matter if its suggestion or force. Rape is rape. I'm speaking truth. It doesn't matter if you talk someone who is sound of mind into doing it. If that person decides to take legal actions afterward, then you could be held responsible for it.

Unfortunately true. Well fortunately true. But the sad case is that you know some people have been wrongfully imprisoned by others who willingly gave consent, but afterwards decided to press charges.

By no means take this a sympathetic statement to rapists, but a statement against injustice. My argument is based on the idea of a perfect world, though.