Page 1 of 8
I had to take my mother to the hospital as she was having chest problems and difficulty breathing but turned out she was fine.

Anyway this 16 year old girl (i know she's this old because I heard her birth date) walks in with her mother and her mother goes up to the reception part and starts talking to the receptionist. I overhear their conversation and apparently the daughter took around 30 paracetamol tablets, 10-20 nurofen tablets and 10 phenergen(dunno how the hell its spelt).

I'm guessing it was a suicide attempt or something. When she was in the waiting room she was swaying her head and hardly managing to keep her eyes open. She looked as sick as a dog.

I just wonder how someone could do that to theirself. I felt sorry for her though
Quote by juan Andrés

Sorry awful Anglish.
teenage angst = death of millions
sex, drugs, and rock and roll have turned into aids, needles, and techno..
haha what a loser i swear...its sad people like that, that the world will NOT miss and is better of without
Quote by georgakis187
haha what a loser i swear...its sad people like that, that the world will NOT miss and is better of without

Although I couldn't really read what you said, I can assume that it's people like you that make things like that happen.
We've drained full confession booths, polluted drinking wells with our repentances, and then stood grinning with our arms around the shoulder of a rotting child.

If you resist change, you will be here forever.
She wasn't ugly looking either
Quote by juan Andrés

Sorry awful Anglish.
Quote by georgakis187

You're the kind of ignorant jerks that egg it on.
Some people just feel like dying, don't know why...there are many reasons, she must have had one that made sense to her.
Quote by georgakis187

screw off
yeh its a bad and sad (yay for rhyming) thing
but wouldnt you make her puke it up?
i once took 6-8 panadols in an hour and felt like i was coming down off being high
but it ruins your liver so not recommeneded
Pull my finger

Quote by Explicit User

"Kyle.. Do you know what homosex is?"
me:"...yes... why?"
"Do you want to have it?"
Me again:"...no Anthony..no i don't"
"Oh.. okay.. good night"

haha

Quote by madhampster
Dear god the pit is a force to be reckoned with.
you should have raped her while you still have a chance.

but in all seriousness, that sucks.

I feel bad for her.
Cette nuit j'ai rêvé que je mâchais ses yeux
Après avoir crevé par accès de furie
Ta replète panse d'helminthes blancs nourrie,
Trop prompte à déféquer le fruit d'un vit sanieux.
Quote by georgakis187

I highly doubt anyone will miss you either...
Quote by georgakis187

Honestly, there is nothing funny about suicide, and it's a real problem that the number of people killing themselves is growing, especially amongst teens.
New To Town With A Made Up Name

In The Angel's City

Chasing Fortune And Fame
09/03/2012
Quote by Xplozive
She wasn't ugly looking either

Should have had a crack while her defences were down...
Good Charlotte sounds like...uh...they sound like...um...well, they taste like a popsicle stick thats been shoved up someones ass -Eddie Vedder

REMEMBER DISCO: All stupid fads go away with time. STOP COMPLAINING
Quote by FuZzY(aus)
screw off
yeh its a bad and sad (yay for rhyming) thing
but wouldnt you make her puke it up?
i once took 6-8 panadols in an hour and felt like i was coming down off being high
but it ruins your liver so not recommeneded

She was puking a little bit but she was basically out of it. They may have been giving her something to induce vomiting.
Quote by juan Andrés

Sorry awful Anglish.
Quote by georgakis187

I see that you're the type of person who has lots of friends and is the epitome of style and class.

Oh, wait...
Quote by Vornik
Thanks for the advice. I'm going to put it, along with your other advice, into a book, the pages of which I will then use to wipe my ass.
Quote by georgakis187

I'm going to play devil's advocate and agree with this.

Sorry, but I work at the cancer hospital at my school and there are kids and teens there who are doing their best, putting themselves through hell to hold onto their own lives. I think they have much bigger problems then myspace kid who shot himself. Or most of these other suburb emo kids who think its cool to cut themselves. People who don't value their lives don't deserve to have them.
Quote by al112987

Sorry, but I work at the cancer hospital at my school and there are kids and teens there who are doing their best, putting themselves through hell to hold onto their own lives. I think they have much bigger problems then myspace kid who shot himself. Or most of these other suburb emo kids who think its cool to cut themselves. People who don't value their lives don't deserve to have them.

But shouldn't they atleast have the chance to grow up first and find something to live for, have a second chance? After all that kid is still so young and going through that stage of her life where its hard for her to do anything about her situation. 90% of society today probably have felt like killing themself at one or more stages in their lives and have been grateful for every second that they have lived for since getting over that stage.
Quote by Ravenwoods
But shouldn't they atleast have the chance to grow up first and find something to live for, have a second chance? After all that kid is still so young and going through that stage of her life where its hard for her to do anything about her situation. 90% of society today probably have felt like killing themself at one or more stages in their lives and have been grateful for every second that they have lived for since getting over that stage.

I second that. Personnally I think life sucks but yeah, I won't suicide myself, or cut myself either. For some reasons, there's something so appealing about living, yet we all feel like shit most of the time. But yeah, noone could explain it. It's just how it is.

Anyways, I'd be too coward about commiting suicide, if I ever wanted to.

On topic tho, I have to admit, failing a suicide attempt is sad, probably even more then then even just thinking about suicide. I mean, hell, if I wanted to go that bad, I'd make sure I wouldn't come back. I don't understand why anyone would try something that has relativly high chances of failing and leaving them in pain and suffering for a day or even a lifetime, but anyways.
Quote by MH400
a girl on the interwebz?

You have 2 options.

1. Tits.
2. GTFO.

dude i can only say one thing to all you...when someone has been given the gift of life and pisses it away like that...they dont really deserve to live in the first place....for what?!?! "oh oh i m a teenager i have so many problems!!!" **** that...go to africa and see problems man...u dont see the kids there commiting suicide...pathetic spoiled emo teens who just want some attention cause its cool today to take 30 pills or to slit ur wrists...have a nice trip i say.
Quote by georgakis187
dude i can only say one thing to all you...when someone has been given the gift of life and pisses it away like that...they dont really deserve to live in the first place....for what?!?! "oh oh i m a teenager i have so many problems!!!" **** that...go to africa and see problems man...u dont see the kids there commiting suicide...pathetic spoiled emo teens who just want some attention cause its cool today to take 30 pills or to slit ur wrists...have a nice trip i say.

You're right. Hey, let's just forget for a moment all the people with chronic depression. You can have everything in the world and still feel like shit, even though you know you shouldn't. We'll just forget for a moment all the people whose lives are ruined, and have no chance of pulling it back together, where you so conveniently forget that you hurt most when you fall from a higher place.
It's attitude like yours which makes people not come forward with their problems and which pushes people to these lengths. It's easy to say they don't deserve to live, but if you had ever been in a situation like that, you wouldn't be saying the same, hell, with your attitude i'd say you'd be crying like a baby if you found yourself in the same situation.
Quote by Vornik
Thanks for the advice. I'm going to put it, along with your other advice, into a book, the pages of which I will then use to wipe my ass.
Quote by georgakis187

That still falls under the fact that they're still young. Do you think in few years they are going to still act the way they do now? Does a few years of a persons life, when most are still teenagers, serve as a justification for their death? I don't think so. Sure you may be annoyed by the fact that they're whiney and are just looking for attention, but do they really know any better? The teenage stage of someone's life is the most hardest because they are starting to become independant and take on a lot of responsibility, learn a lot of new things about life. How do you know if that girl in the hospital didn't just have a traumatic experience and didn't know how to overcome it or deal with it?
Quote by al112987

How about adults with mental health issues who cut themselves because they think they have to or terrible things will happen to people they love? My twin sister has attempted suicide before, not because she wanted to die but because she thought she was controlling and hurting other people. She suffers from paranoia, psychotic episodes and a personality disorder. She is one of the sweetest, most intelligent people i know who has suffered with an illness for a long time now, she;s been sectioned a ridiculous number of times, her body is a mess-she brings a whole new meaning to self harm (not just silly little scratches she;s tried to hack off limbs, burnt herself, thrown herself through windows etc etc) and she's constantly paranoid.
“I smoke. If this bothers anyone, I suggest you look around at the world in which we live and shut your f*ckin' mouth.” RIP
Http://www.Smash-it-up.tk
Quote by damn-right!
How about adults with mental health issues who cut themselves because they think they have to or terrible things will happen to people they love? My twin sister has attempted suicide before, not because she wanted to die but because she thought she was controlling and hurting other people. She suffers from paranoia, psychotic episodes and a personality disorder. She is one of the sweetest, most intelligent people i know who has suffered with an illness for a long time now, she;s been sectioned a ridiculous number of times, her body is a mess-she brings a whole new meaning to self harm (not just silly little scratches she;s tried to hack off limbs, burnt herself, thrown herself through windows etc etc) and she's constantly paranoid.

That's eff'ed up man. I hope she dosn't ever meet anyone like those two pricks.
well theres a lot of people in the world who dont understand, i dont really understand and get annoyed sometimes thinking, why the hell would you do that to yourself but when I see her back in the psych hospital looking so vulnerable its just horrible.
“I smoke. If this bothers anyone, I suggest you look around at the world in which we live and shut your f*ckin' mouth.” RIP
Http://www.Smash-it-up.tk
My cousin committed suicide (over a girl) a few years back. Was crazy cuz I was like 12/13 and the concept of someone wanting to kill themselves was crazy! Worst thing was he hung himself. He was found wit his legs bent up cuz he could actually reach the floor so he must have meant it! I was pissed off at him more than anything...still kinda am but now I've seen more of the real world I can kinda understand some peoples' motives etc. Tbh tryin to top ureself wit paracetamol is silly...u'd need a hell of a lot to do any damage. then again i dont know what phenergen is :P
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
Help Bunny gain world domination by copying and pasting him in your sig or webpage.

ANDY!!!
Quote by HighPotency
You're the kind of ignorant jerks that egg it on.

Don't feed the troll.

And yeah, it's a shame that people do this, but it's what they see as the only alternative. Hopefully this would have brought the fact she needs counselling to her family's attention.
Quote by Spike6sic6
On topic tho, I have to admit, failing a suicide attempt is sad, probably even more then then even just thinking about suicide. I mean, hell, if I wanted to go that bad, I'd make sure I wouldn't come back. I don't understand why anyone would try something that has relativly high chances of failing and leaving them in pain and suffering for a day or even a lifetime, but anyways.

To be on topic while changing it slightly.

I attempted when I was 16. I cannot explain the feeling you get when you wake up and know someone found you that way. I'm not the kind of person who randomly decides on something like that, I'd been planning it for a while. You feel like you've let everyone down because the ideas you have in your head suddenly come up as more of a failed plan. Kind of like it was the only thing you felt yuo could do right and then you do it wrong.

yeah, i explained it badly, i know, but I'm on a little sumthing-sumthing to help me sleep tonight so... yeah.

I spose if anyone has questions i'll answer them but yeah...

Oh and for those who wonder about my mental health, I have depression and extreme anxiety and have had both for years, I'm currently doing therapy for them so I'm not just sitting around bitching.

EDIT:

And about the cancer thing,

My best mate has a benign cancer on his Brain Stem. He's had the chemo and he's fine at the moment but it could rupture at any time nad he's on constant medication for it.

However, the thing with cancer is that there's an outcome that you can see. You do the chemo, you HAVE a way of fixing it. Most of the people who attempt or commit suicide just don't know what to do. Or how to fix it.
Need Singing Advice?; Read the first page then ask questions.

Quote by punkman_123
Damn Auals, you're messed up. :P

Quote by ZanasCross
This just reminded me of the time that my brother in law texted his mom on the night after his wedding. All it said was "Consummated."
Last edited by Auals at Oct 14, 2008,
Quote by Auals
To be on topic while changing it slightly.

I attempted when I was 16. I cannot explain the feeling you get when you wake up and know someone found you that way. I'm not the kind of person who randomly decides on something like that, I'd been planning it for a while. You feel like you've let everyone down because the ideas you have in your head suddenly come up as more of a failed plan. Kind of like it was the only thing you felt yuo could do right and then you do it wrong.

yeah, i explained it badly, i know, but I'm on a little sumthing-sumthing to help me sleep tonight so... yeah.

I spose if anyone has questions i'll answer them but yeah...

EDIT:

And about the cancer thing,

My best mate has a benign cancer on his Brain Stem. He's had the chemo and he's fine at the moment but it could rupture at any time nad he's on constant medication for it.

However, the thing with cancer is that there's an outcome that you can see. You do the chemo, you HAVE a way of fixing it. Most of the people who attempt or commit suicide just don't know what to do. Or how to fix it.

Im glad there some1 who isn't just bashing! Its crazy how people will take the p*ss out of suicide. Her in the UK there was a suicide (a guy jumped from a shopping centre(mall) roof) and people were daring him to do it while the police negatiator was tryin get him to think about it...just plain sick!
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
Help Bunny gain world domination by copying and pasting him in your sig or webpage.

ANDY!!!
Quote by Xplozive
I had to take my mother to the hospital as she was having chest problems and difficulty breathing but turned out she was fine.

Anyway this 16 year old girl (i know she's this old because I heard her birth date) walks in with her mother and her mother goes up to the reception part and starts talking to the receptionist. I overhear their conversation and apparently the daughter took around 30 paracetamol tablets, 10-20 nurofen tablets and 10 phenergen(dunno how the hell its spelt).

I'm guessing it was a suicide attempt or something. When she was in the waiting room she was swaying her head and hardly managing to keep her eyes open. She looked as sick as a dog.

I just wonder how someone could do that to theirself. I felt sorry for her though

she was still standing?
It does suck though, the serious ones, you feel so bad for them, but the ones who are just attention seeking, god that makes me angry. To that tool who posted first don't Fucking joke about it man my mate killed himself last year I wouldn't wish the feeling I got when I found out on anyone, god knows how his parents handled

Quote by al112987

Marge may I play 'devil's advocate' for a while? *plays 'devils advocate' pinball game*
'08 Gretsch White Falcon
'98 Fender USA Deluxe Tele
'79 Greco Les Paul Standard
Airline Stratotone Crafter GAE8

A bunch of funky pedals

Handwired 50 Watt Plexi Lead Clone w/ Orange 4x12
Quote by dann_blood
You're right. Hey, let's just forget for a moment all the people with chronic depression. You can have everything in the world and still feel like shit, even though you know you shouldn't. We'll just forget for a moment all the people whose lives are ruined, and have no chance of pulling it back together, where you so conveniently forget that you hurt most when you fall from a higher place.
It's attitude like yours which makes people not come forward with their problems and which pushes people to these lengths. It's easy to say they don't deserve to live, but if you had ever been in a situation like that, you wouldn't be saying the same, hell, with your attitude i'd say you'd be crying like a baby if you found yourself in the same situation.

dann_blood for PM

If we had more people with that mindset maybe the world wouldn't be so ****ed up
http://www.news.com.au/story/0,23599,24430462-401,00.html

It's not a thing to joke about, even if you think they are just "attention seeking" you can never be 100%.
suppose there's lots of reasons, it could be a serious one or it could be a cry for attention.

she'd have had her stomach pumped which is awful. depending on how long ago she took them she could have done some serious damage to her liver and kidneys
I have awesome hair
Quote by druz15_UG
she was still standing?

Yes, I know it sounds crazy. That's what her mum said anyway, the girl that actually took these pills may have exaggerated with how many she actually took. I can't vouch whether she was or not.
Quote by juan Andrés

Sorry awful Anglish.
Ehh, kids and their fancy problems.

Back in '83 we didn't have too worry about this shit.
Quote by TiMaRmStRoNg101
there was once this girl
in my school
and she was like
'greenday is so punk'

and i was all
omgelitist
'fawkofffffffffff'
and punched her in the face.
cause i can do that
cause I know more about punk rock and stuff
It's sad, really. When someone feels so bad that they try to take their own lives...

Quote by NorfIrIon
Although I couldn't really read what you said, I can assume that it's people like you that make things like that happen.

+a million.
"A war is coming, I've seen it in my dreams. Fires sweeping through the earth, bodies in the streets, cities turned to dust. Retaliation..."

Check out my amazing band!
An Abstract Illusion
Quote by CoolDudeMorgasm
Ehh, kids and their fancy problems.

Back in '83 we didn't have too worry about this shit.

there you go...i m 18 dude...my grandma died and my parents divorced in the same month...wtf do u think i d ever kill myself?!?!? simple answer: NO

why? i love my life and i respect and love myself too much to end my life. i have absolutely no sympathy for people who commit suicide cause it means they are weak and dont deserve the gift of life in the first place. people like that, that dont stop to think "hmmm maybe it isnt the best solution" are stupid and retarded. i m not saying i wouldnt stop it if it was in front of me...but like said before in this thread, stupid emo kids who cut themselves or take one too many pills because daddy wouldnt give them money to buy make-up, is ****ed up. ITS NOT A MENTAL CONDITION!!! its a ****ing trend to cut urself and hurt urself (a trend that DID NOT EXIST IN 83 like cooldude said) and i seriously hope they actually succeed in dying if thats what they start out to do!

spoiled brats who just want attention and dont consider themselves lucky that they arent dying cause they have no food (like kids in africa).

i really cant believe people defend them like that. its because of sympathetic pussies like people who defend them, that they keep on doing it! FOR ATTENTION!
Quote by georgakis187

Ur such an idot its not funny, just cause somone that suicidal now sits around doing nothing, it doesnt mean that they cant make a difference later
Quote by georgakis187
there you go...i m 18 dude...my grandma died and my parents divorced in the same month...wtf do u think i d ever kill myself?!?!? simple answer: NO

why? i love my life and i respect and love myself too much to end my life. i have absolutely no sympathy for people who commit suicide cause it means they are weak and dont deserve the gift of life in the first place. people like that, that dont stop to think "hmmm maybe it isnt the best solution" are stupid and retarded. i m not saying i wouldnt stop it if it was in front of me...but like said before in this thread, stupid emo kids who cut themselves or take one too many pills because daddy wouldnt give them money to buy make-up, is ****ed up. ITS NOT A MENTAL CONDITION!!! its a ****ing trend to cut urself and hurt urself (a trend that DID NOT EXIST IN 83 like cooldude said) and i seriously hope they actually succeed in dying if thats what they start out to do!

spoiled brats who just want attention and dont consider themselves lucky that they arent dying cause they have no food (like kids in africa).

i really cant believe people defend them like that. its because of sympathetic pussies like people who defend them, that they keep on doing it! FOR ATTENTION!

If you say that you respect yourself like that then you have no right to judge us for how we react to certain situations because you have no understanding of what it was like. Would you call a holocaust survivor a pansy for bitching about the conditions they had to put up with just because you haevn't been through it? No you ****ing wouldn't, so can it.

I'm not stupid or retarded thank you very much. Nor am I emo. My music tastes do not define what type of person I am. Nor does my past discressions define what type of person I could be. However, not everyone has the "push through it" attitude that you seem to pride yourself on.

Seriously mate, I'm glad you're in a "happy place" but for some of us it's not as easy as "getting over it".

And stuff you and your attention opinion. Way to agree with the masses, as I said, what the **** would you know about it?
Need Singing Advice?; Read the first page then ask questions.

Quote by punkman_123
Damn Auals, you're messed up. :P

Quote by ZanasCross
This just reminded me of the time that my brother in law texted his mom on the night after his wedding. All it said was "Consummated."
Quote by georgakis187

Depression is a mental condition.
Just because you were born with a silver spoon up your arse doesn't mean everyone else is.
You don't understand what you're talking about. Therefore, anything you say is invalid. It also doesn't help that you have the literacy of an 8 year old and appear to have an IQ below 75.
Quote by Vornik
Quote by georgakis187

First of all, who said we sympathised for them? Were just saying that theres no reason that they should die because of something that alot of kids go through. They all get over it eventually, but some don't get the chance to and its usually cause of pricks who don't give a sh*t about them that caused them to become attention seeking and suicidal in the first place. Just because you have gone through a hard life and got through it doesn't mean you can just idolise yourself and make it justifiable for kids to just die. Not everyone has the same mind frame as you.