Page 1 of 3
metaphorical question.

if i were to throw a toaster into a bath full of water, would it short the electricity in the house.

if answer was yes....

would it work as a suicide method, or would i just end up in the bath with a toaster and all the power shorted?

thanks
Why would you throw your toaster in the bathtub? You'd get the bread all wet, and soggy toast is nasty.
So let me get this straight...

You want to toast water?
Fender 60th Anniversary Standard Strat,
Epiphone Les Paul ES,
Line6 Flextone III,
Laney VC15,
Some pedals,
Some recording gear.
Quote by InvaderTSN
Why would you throw your toaster in the bathtub? You'd get the bread all wet, and soggy toast is nasty.

soggy crumpets maybe?
It would short out everything but the water in the bath will be electrified for a small amount of time, you would die if you were already in the bathtub and then dropped it in. Not if you dropped it in then got in.

This is actually a suicide thread, isn't it?
Quote by HethaHORRIFIC
soggy crumpets maybe?

I don't know. Personally, I have never encountered a scenario where bread/bread-like substances mixed well with water. Tastes marvelous with soup, however.
mythbusters already answered your question ages ago
sex, drugs, and rock and roll have turned into aids, needles, and techno..
Quote by Gmp
It would short out everything but the water in the bath will be electrified for a small amount of time, you would die if you were already in the bathtub and then dropped it in. Not if you dropped it in then got in.

cool. so if i were in the tub, then pulled in the toaster, the short amount of time the water was electrified would be enough to kill me?

any confermation?

and yeh, it might be. im just working shit out, so i dont look like an idiot.
Yeah just let him do it, hes asking the internet about it so theres no way he is actually going to do it

Maybe just attention seeking?
My gear so far >.>
Schecter Synyster standard
crappy BC rich bronze series warlock
Vox AD15VT-XL

Absinthe makes the heart grow fonder.
Quote by HethaHORRIFIC

you're going to look like an idiot, so don't do it. and if you really want to know, a toaster does not produce enough electricity to kill you.
Quote by fli.pansy
you're going to look like an idiot, so don't do it. and if you really want to know, a toaster does not produce enough electricity to kill you.

see, this is the stuff i wanted to know.

are you sure?
Quote by HethaHORRIFIC
cool. so if i were in the tub, then pulled in the toaster, the short amount of time the water was electrified would be enough to kill me?

any confermation?

yeah dude, do me a favor and don't kill your self.

This could be a pit first...someone telling someone else NOT to kill themselves..
Quote by Gmp

this
mate your going to look like an idiot doing it
i mean who has a toaster in the bathroom?
anyway being shocked isnt really all that much fun
Pull my finger

Quote by Explicit User

"Kyle.. Do you know what homosex is?"
me:"...yes... why?"
"Do you want to have it?"
Me again:"...no Anthony..no i don't"
"Oh.. okay.. good night"

haha

Quote by madhampster
Dear god the pit is a force to be reckoned with.
Quote by HethaHORRIFIC

any confermation?

I don't know I just guessed.

But really, don't do it.
Quote by HethaHORRIFIC
see, this is the stuff i wanted to know.

are you sure?

i am sure. you are going to need something a lot more powerful to generate enough electricity to kill you. btw, if your looking for attention by looking like a total moron, you fail miserably. if you are really going to kill yourself, just don't
Quote by BFMVxx
A hairdryer works, thats why you never have a hairdryer near the bath.

i dont have a hair dryer. and shouldnt they be the same principle, only a hairdyer has a fan behind the toasting bit to blow the hot air.
Well basically anything that has power running to it, and put in water, will send electricity though the water killing you.
Quote by FuZzY(aus)
this
mate your going to look like an idiot doing it
i mean who has a toaster in the bathroom?
anyway being shocked isnt really all that much fun

No, being shocked isn't fun. I've done it many many times, I used to live in an old house and the wiring must have been all sorts of ****ed up. If you touched the counter and the fridge at the same time it would electrocute you, same with the stove, and sometimes...I have no idea how, but if you were touching the counter with both hands it would electricute you. Obviously most of these problems occurred in the kitchen. Incidentally I once put my finger in the light socket of the fridge on accident, I was just raiding the fridge and I was holding on to the top inside edge of the fridge, where the light would be, next thing I know my whole body tenses up and I'm stumbling backward...it didn't take me too long to put two and two together. Long story short, I ate some food.
Quote by HethaHORRIFIC
metaphorical question.

if i were to throw a toaster into a bath full of water, would it short the electricity in the house.

if answer was yes....

would it work as a suicide method, or would i just end up in the bath with a toaster and all the power shorted?

thanks

its same with the whole"put metal in toaster get wasted" so water is the same you'll get ....... ......hey wait a minute..why do YOU want to know?
Mythbusters did an episode on this.
Can't remember the outcome though.
Follow the smoke toward the riff filled land
brutal
Quote by fli.pansy
i am sure. you are going to need something a lot more powerful to generate enough electricity to kill you. btw, if your looking for attention by looking like a total moron, you fail miserably. if you are really going to kill yourself, just don't

Your avatar is very misleading.
That Cheap Fucking Smile Carries You To Bed

Those Lips Are Social Suicide But I Just Wanna See You Dead.
Quote by fli.pansy

You are kidding, right? Toasters don't generate electricity, they use it and convert it to thermal energy and some light energy. In North America, you're going to get 240 Volts from your outlet straight up your ass.
Quote by BFMVxx
Well basically anything that has power running to it, and put in water, will send electricity though the water killing you.

False.

It seems like there are always threads about shit they've already done on Mythbusters. Does nobody watch that show?
You're*
Quote by Survivalism
False.

It seems like there are always threads about shit they've already done on Mythbusters. Does nobody watch that show?

I stopped watching after they got the other people in that do a side project. They're retarded. Adam and Jamie are the only ones worth watching IMO.
Quote by jsbud11
If you piss in the bathtub it works better.

Or even better, if you only have piss in your water.
The real question is wether you wear clothes or not while doing this, i mean who wants to be found dead and naked? but then again, no one goes in the bath fully clothed, thats why if i were to kill myself i wouldn't choose my method.

In all seriousness though, it has been explained in mythbusters, you'll be toast.
WHOMP

Think of that next time you are not allowed to laugh.
Quote by Avedas
You are kidding, right? Toasters don't generate electricity, they use it and convert it to thermal energy and some light energy. In North America, you're going to get 240 Volts from your outlet straight up your ass.

Yeah? And? Volts =/= amps. A weak static shock from touching a doorknob or getting out of a car is over 10,000V; 240 isn't even noticeable.

Now, an amp running through you will fry you beyond recognition.

Quote by Avedas
I stopped watching after they got the other people in that do a side project. They're retarded. Adam and Jamie are the only ones worth watching IMO.

Dude, you're insane!

This is why anyone watches Mythbusters to begin with.
You're*
Last edited by Survivalism at Oct 14, 2008,
wet skin conducts like 4000 times more than dry skin
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
Help Bunny gain world domination by copying and pasting him in your sig or webpage.

ANDY!!!
Yes, if you are in the U.K, the toaster will be attached to the mains, so if you get in the bath tub then dopeed the toaster in with you while it was on, then you would almost certainly die.

I hope you are talking hypothetically however, electrocution would be a bad way to die, you are better off taking a fukload of sleeping pills or strong painkillers with a load of booze, getting into a warm bath and slitting your wrists.

But it would be better if you didn't kill yourself unless you are really really suffering in your life.
Quote by FrenchyFungus
I am not a woman as I currently claim

Quote by Rabid
I am actually a woman, unlike Frenchy
^ theres never a good reason for sucide, its selffish think of all the peopel around you who care for you imagine them suffering just because you take your own life.
Quote by HethaHORRIFIC
metaphorical question.

if answer was yes....

thanks

I think you mean hypothetical. And don't kill yourself
'08 Gretsch White Falcon
'98 Fender USA Deluxe Tele
'79 Greco Les Paul Standard
Airline Stratotone Crafter GAE8

A bunch of funky pedals

Handwired 50 Watt Plexi Lead Clone w/ Orange 4x12
Page 1 of 3