Hey!
I've been upgrading a MIM strat and I love the sound of my pickups, but they're too noisey for session/studio work. I'm leaning towards the FENDER SCN Samarium Cobalt
noiseless pickups. (all single coils)
Does anybody have and want to share their opinion on these pickups?
I'm using that guitar for all styles, country,blues, rock, funk, etc...
Fender noisless pickups sound lifeless and dull. If you must have noisless pickups then look into Kinmans. By far the best noisless pickups I've seen.
Not taking any online orders.
have you checked the wiring of your old pickups. You may just have a ground problem or someting simple. If not do what CorduroyEW said..
I checked the wiring.Its just the typical 60 hz hum. I just went onto the Kinman site and listened to the pickups. The strange thing is that the demos have a hum in alot of them. What's up with that?
I a/b'd the Fender demo and there's and the Fender has better highs and the kinman better lows in my opinion, but that's just the comparison on their site.
I kinda like my fender noiseless pups, they have alot of bite to them and there good for recording... Theres other tricks to get past the hum though like the wire on a bulldog clip attached to the brigde and around ur lil finger read that one somewhere.
Last edited by johntb at Oct 14, 2008,
Quote by CorduroyEW
Fender noisless pickups sound lifeless and dull. If you must have noisless pickups then look into Kinmans. By far the best noisless pickups I've seen.

I disagree. I have SCNs on my Deluxe Ash Tele and they're pretty good. The series/parallel switch helps add the extra bit of buzz you miss from noiseless. They're not quite the same as proper tele pickups (no, I wouldn't call them 'proper') but they're bloody good.
There's only one thing we can do to thwart the plot of these albino shape-shifting lizard BITCHES!
they're alright man... better for the type of music you play but if you want to play metallica and maiden and stuff like that they wont cut it
I put Fender SCN pickups on my fiance's Tele, pretty much the best sounding Tele (that stays true to the tele sound) that I've heard...and I've played everything from a MIM to a Tele Deluxe, and then my fiance's tele (thinline, all Koa, sexiest guitar ever).

...but as always, my tone awesomeness is another person's tone crappiness. Go check out a Tele Deluxe (I think...ask the ppl at the store), the top of the line Tele from Fender has the SCN pickups I think...go play them first!
Quote by kcdakrt
DLrocket89 makes my ug experience better!

Member of the official GB&C "Who to Listen to" list

Kit Amp Building Tutorial
i have the SCNs in my MIM ash tele, i love em. i dont know why i keep hearing people say they sound lifeless... i thought they sounded fuller than the SC's in there, almost humbucker-ish, and they make 0 noise when im not playing clean, and only a very tiny bit with pedals on.