hey guys, for some reason im getting a ton of feedback EVEN while im playing, and also just waiting to play. if i switch the toggle on my guitar the feedback goes away for a little bit, but then builds up again pretty loud. its a bugera 333xl, brand new. i run a fender floor tuner, cry baby original wah, and a boss noise supressor-just those 3. im not sure where hte noise is coming from, ive tried everything.. can you guys help me out please!! thanks for any and all input!!
Guitar?

Pickups?
Gibson Les Paul Traditional Pro II
Jackson Soloist SL2H
Schecter Hellraiser Solo 6
Epiphone Les Paul Standard Plus Top
Epiphone AJ200SCE Acoustic-Electric
Epiphone Embassy
Vintage Audition Mystery Guitar
B-52 AT100
Vox VT80
Maybe your gain levels are too high, or maybe you're standing to close to the amp. Back away or try not to face your amp directly. See if that helps.
Gibson Les Paul Traditional Pro II
Jackson Soloist SL2H
Schecter Hellraiser Solo 6
Epiphone Les Paul Standard Plus Top
Epiphone AJ200SCE Acoustic-Electric
Epiphone Embassy
Vintage Audition Mystery Guitar
B-52 AT100
Vox VT80
yea, ive tried both.. its a fairly small practice room, but i tried the best i could to get away. i also changed all of the settings on the amp (compromising tone for the time being) and it still keep buzzing unless i turned everything waaayy down. then it went away, but then i cant keep up with everyone else!!
u need a graphic equaliser of some sort, ur gettin problems in certain frequencies because of the acoustics in the room and the pickups.. if u find out what frequencies are causing the feedback, then u can turn them down and that will solve the problem and wont affect ur tone
might be cable problem...I always face that problem alot...and my amp is only about the size of my computer's monitor, but it sure buzzed like hell until I bought a new cable.
how would you turn down frequencies? and what type of graphic equalizer would i need as well? thanks for the help so far!
Take all your pedals out and see if the feedback still occurs - play straight from guitar to amp.

If that solves the problem, add the pedals one at a time, until the feedback returns.

If you can narrow it down to a pedal, replace the battery. If that doesn't solve it, could be an issue with the pedal itself.

If it's not the pedals, try a new cable. If it's not the pedals and the cables, I'm not sure what to suggest if you've been playing with the EQ's and gain levels to no avail.

Also, what guitar are you playing? Are your pickups active?
yea, ive tried playing strait thru the amp, and i still got feedback. im using an epiphone les paul with stock pickups. i just new cables recently, all are livewire from guitar center. im not quite sure what to do anymore!
its prob the pickups on your guitar. my guitar player had a similar problem before with a cheaper Epiphone les paul. the stock pu's are not that great and have a bit of hum from them. i see you are using a Boss noise suppressor as well. thats what my guitar player used for a while when he was trying to get rid of the hum and buzzing. he switched to a MXR Smart gate pedal and the noise went almost completley away. then got rid of the guitar. i have heard alot of people say that the Boss NS pedal doesnt work that great.

so i would try swaping pedals. either a MXR smart gate(what i use and him) or a ISP decimater. great pedals!

or maybe it could be connections in your guitar. could be anything.
'92 Mesa Dual Rectifier Blackface
Peavey 5150 II half stack
'94 Mesa Dual Rect.
Bugera 6262-212
'93 Custom Fender Strat
Schecter C1 custom
Fender FMT Telecaster
Mosrite JR Model
MXR Smart Gate

Member of the Bugera Users Militia
Quote by mcrfobtai
Sigh, another Bugera horror story.
And I thought they had gone away...

thats not a Bugera horror story.

that happens to so many dif amps and guitar combinations.

like what i was saying above about my guitar player. the amps he uses is a Mesa Dual rec and a Carvin MTS. happened on both those amps

cheap pickups and a high gain amp can bring some noise.

my 5150 II has done this to me amnay times till i had it moded and got a good gate pedal to tame it.
'94 Mesa Dual Rect.
Bugera 6262-212
'93 Custom Fender Strat
Schecter C1 custom
Fender FMT Telecaster
Mosrite JR Model
MXR Smart Gate

Quote by mcrfobtai
But with a noise gate too?
Maybe try wax potting your pups?

he was useing a Boss noise suppressor, but those are not really realiable. i have heard many bad things about them. my guitar player used one and it did nothing, then moved to a MXR smart gate pedal and no more noise.

i mean but the TS could have some loose connections in his guitar, cheap pickups, the Boss suppressor not working that great, mixed in with a high gain amp.
'94 Mesa Dual Rect.
Bugera 6262-212
'93 Custom Fender Strat
Schecter C1 custom
Fender FMT Telecaster
Mosrite JR Model
MXR Smart Gate