I am planning on buying a combo amp or possibly head depending. I'm hoping to spend the next few months carefully deciding which amp to eventually go out and buy. My price limit is anywhere between 700-1000+, whatever does the job I'll save up for it.

Basically what I wanted was something with a more modern sound and high gain. I'm not too much of a fan of treble so a darker kinda warm sounding with a lot of low end but still retains clarity. A few examples would be like a gain-ier Adam Jones tone from Lateralus, with some tight sounding chugging and hopefully some fluid sounding lead tones.

Might be a lot to ask but even if I can just get close. I'm not looking for spectacular cleans because I will be playing distorted maybe 70-80% of the time. I would also like to add I wanted a combo because I feel a half stack is a little overkill for a bedroom/garage player, but since I have a cab will consider heads if the cost is less than a combo.
Quote by Jearl

...dont play Fender just because its Fender.

Gear:
Ibanez SZ520QM
Peavey Rotor EXP
Squier Bullet (heavily modified)
Mesa Roadster Head & 2x12 cab
Any specific models i should look into?
Quote by Jearl

Gear:
Ibanez SZ520QM
Peavey Rotor EXP
Roland JC-120 with pedals. If you really want that high gain you should just buy a tube amp.
ENGL, ENGL, ENGL! I promise you it will blow even a mesa triple rec away. and it does easily and kind of sadly. go to www.engl-amps.com and look at their 50w amps (screamer & thunder) going for about $1500. these things are an apiphany(sp) on music.
$1500 might be a bit too much for me but I will take it into serious consideration.

By the way I am looking for a tube amp for sure, unless for some reason there is a good solid state
Quote by Jearl

Gear:
Ibanez SZ520QM
Peavey Rotor EXP