I've seen this chord in a number of places, (Day that never comes - Metallica, Emotion Sickness - Silverchair, Can't Repeat- The Offspring)

E----------------------------------------
B----------------------------------------
G-----------14-----12------------------
D----------------------------------------
A-----------12-----10------------------
E----------------------------------------

Im more interested in a general term for this type of chord and also how is it meant to be played. Thats how its written on the music...do you mute the string in the middle or what.
The gear:

* Epiphone Les Paul Custom
* Schecter Jeff Loomis Signature 7 String
* Fender Squier P Bass
* Blackstar Stage HT-60
* Original Crybaby
* EHX Small Clone
* Boss DD-3
It's a power chord without the fifth, so it's just an octave, i.e. a note and then the same note an octave above it played together.

When I play something like that I usually use the skin of my first finger to mute the string under it. Or you could use your second finger that would usually be playing the fifth to mute it.
"Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, your eyes will get sore after a while."
same as james, i use first finder to mute the fifth. if you play fingerstyle as i do, you can also just strum the two strings, skipping the one between. its an intersting sound with distortion, because the two strings, although octaves of eachother, will never be perfectly in tune with eachother. it shows up in a lot of early emo and post-hardcore
if I saw a tab like that, I would just pick the top string with the pick as usual, and use my pinky or ring finger to pick the other string, leaving the one in the middle alone. (hybrid-picking)
Quote by JamesDouglas
It's a power chord without the fifth, so it's just an octave, i.e. a note and then the same note an octave above it played together.

When I play something like that I usually use the skin of my first finger to mute the string under it. Or you could use your second finger that would usually be playing the fifth to mute it.

yeah id do that...makes sense like that too!

EDIT: but don't accidently hit a natural harmonic or something.!!!
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
Help Bunny gain world domination by copying and pasting him in your sig or webpage.

ANDY!!!
Quote by JamesDouglas

Is correct answer.