okay so I've always had this thing for the whole screamo kinda scene and at the same time a surfer that loves playing classic stuff like jimi hendrix and led zeppelin. I've been going back and forth between the two for 1 1/2 years. I grew my hair long tuned my guitar down to like drop B and all that stuff but then I felt like I wouldn't make it as far doing that. I'm 15 and I'm a Christian. When I hear led zeppelin I love the guitar and how they are one of the best bands in the world and make part of rock history but if I walked out on a stage with a massive crowd I would want to walk out there ready to play some screamo stuff. I thought maybe I could be in a Christian band that has guitar riffs in drop B but sounds unique from all other screamo bands and has screamo and singing but has the surfy and screamo look lol. help
Whatever you want to do.
You're 15, who knows? Later on, you might become interested in technology and want to pursue a career in that field...

Music universities are an option, get into the theory aspects of things (learn how to compose, as well), and become the best player you can. Everything helps!
My Last.fm
USA Fender Stratocaster | Roland Cube 60 | VOX ToneLab LE
your 15
anyway sounds like youve already given yourself a solution
Pull my finger

Quote by Explicit User

"Kyle.. Do you know what homosex is?"
me:"...yes... why?"
"Do you want to have it?"
Me again:"...no Anthony..no i don't"
"Oh.. okay.. good night"

haha

Quote by madhampster
Dear god the pit is a force to be reckoned with.
who says the genres are at odds?
dead kennedy's threw punk and surf together
at the drive in have the balls of hardcore with the intricacy of prog

whatever you love will come together in what you write

i hate to add this on, but play in a 'christian' band is a very easy way to kill a fanbase
i for one lose respect for musicians when i find out their lyrics have religious subtext
im personally an atheist, but i dont preach through my music about how i dont think theres a god, and i expect the same from the other side.
~b
Dude you should dress up in a mouse costume and play the guitar with your tail and sing songs about Jesus in drop A!! I would buy your album!
Quote by leigui
Dude you should dress up in a mouse costume and play the guitar with your tail and sing songs about Jesus in drop A!! I would buy your album!

lol
Sounds like a job for:
Bum-ba-da-dum
Screamo in standard tuning!

Or some sh*t like that.
Member of the official GB&C "Who to Listen to" list
Quote by handbanana
wiliscool is just plain dumb
gosh....you don't have to look like what you playyy....my friend is one of the best heavy metal opeth-influenced bassist/vocalist I've ever known, but he looks like a frigging geek, and he's content with that.
Quote by ChordMonger
who says the genres are at odds?
dead kennedy's threw punk and surf together
at the drive in have the balls of hardcore with the intricacy of prog

whatever you love will come together in what you write

i hate to add this on, but play in a 'christian' band is a very easy way to kill a fanbase
i for one lose respect for musicians when i find out their lyrics have religious subtext
im personally an atheist, but i dont preach through my music about how i dont think theres a god, and i expect the same from the other side.
~b

yeah i know what you're saying. it doesn't mean that by being a Christian band that it has to be about God, I'm just saying I am a Christian so song I write won't have swearing or anything just Christian values =)
Christian metal is just emocore with the word 'Jesus' repeated in it.

You've got ages to find your fit.
Try some blues, old-school rock 'n' roll, things like that.
Quote by Tezzquill
gosh....you don't have to look like what you playyy....my friend is one of the best heavy metal opeth-influenced bassist/vocalist I've ever known, but he looks like a frigging geek, and he's content with that.

oh yeah I know but I like the whole screamo look.
It's called originality, and it works.

Every famous band you can think of has generally pioneered a new genre of music, and the only way to leave your mark in history is too make something completely new. You're on the right track.
Quote by IROBOTInferno
I've never been caught (beating off), but my dad was picking up my gf once and "accidentaly" grabbed her boobs.
Christian metal is just emocore with the word 'Jesus' repeated in it.

You've got ages to find your fit.
Try some blues, old-school rock 'n' roll, things like that.
Quote by wiliscool
Sounds like a job for:
Bum-ba-da-dum
Screamo in standard tuning!

Or some sh*t like that.

lol
Play death metal, listen to Bloodthirst by Cannibal Corpse, and Organic Haloucinous by Decapitated. Fantastic musicianship. Riffs so fast they'll blow your eyes out.
Last edited by Gallagher666 at Oct 14, 2008,
Quote by zacharydak
It's called originality, and it works.

Every famous band you can think of has generally pioneered a new genre of music, and the only way to leave your mark in history is too make something completely new. You're on the right track.

awesome thanks bro :] I guess that's what I wanted to here lol
Quote by ChordMonger

~b

i used to be a christian. im 19. i listened to a ton of christian bands, and i still do, the devil wears prada, haste the day, a day to remember, he is legend, the chariot ect.

their lyrics arent all straight up about god, they are just a positive message. and since the artist themselves are christian, they just apply their faith to it.

to me, they just keep me going and looking at the brighter side of things. you dont have to hate on bands that have faith, they arent pushing it on you at all, just listen to it the way that makes you feel positive.
When i was 15 i didn't really have a clue what i wanted to do and never considered music as a career/didn't play an instrument.
4 Years later and i'm in a music college. You can't really decide what happens because things change, and as long as you stay happy, it could lead you to other things.

But seriously, grow some balls and play death metal.
Well just go

chug chug chug chug chug

and go BREE BREE BREE BREE BREE
then do a breakdown
derp
lol u have faggot in ur username

Quote by Jack Off Jill
You know, if you, Silent Deftone and I get together.. We'd be unstoppable at the night clubs.

Everything I say is to be taken as serious fucking business.
Quote by KSM_Dante
But seriously, grow some balls and play death metal.

^
Quote by Brokntragedy
as if it takes balls to play death metal.

chug chug chug chug. <-- skillz!

Never said it did take balls, twas only implied.
Check and mate.
Quote by rorythefaggot
then do a breakdown

Hell do nothing but breakdown.
There's your originality.
Member of the official GB&C "Who to Listen to" list
Quote by handbanana
wiliscool is just plain dumb
Heroin addict. That's the path you should take as a guitarist / person.

Dude you knew no one in the Pit (except me) would say the Screamo one. That's just because I can't stand most classic rock. I like screaming, if its done right (so I really don't like a lot of screamo / screaming bands. Just a few).

EDIT:
More people went with the screamo thing than I expected. Hmmm.
That Cheap Fucking Smile Carries You To Bed

Those Lips Are Social Suicide But I Just Wanna See You Dead.
Learn how to fit large phallus-shaped items into your butthole.
Quote by TiMaRmStRoNg101
there was once this girl
in my school
and she was like
'greenday is so punk'

and i was all
omgelitist
'fawkofffffffffff'
and punched her in the face.
cause i can do that
cause I know more about punk rock and stuff
Quote by Brokntragedy
i used to be a christian. im 19. i listened to a ton of christian bands, and i still do, the devil wears prada, haste the day, a day to remember, he is legend, the chariot ect.

their lyrics arent all straight up about god, they are just a positive message. and since the artist themselves are christian, they just apply their faith to it.

to me, they just keep me going and looking at the brighter side of things. you dont have to hate on bands that have faith, they arent pushing it on you at all, just listen to it the way that makes you feel positive.

you can have a positive message without it being about god
god isnt the only source of optimism man...
Quote by ChordMonger
you can have a positive message without it being about god
god isnt the only source of optimism man...

thats what i said. you didnt read it right.
Quote by Brokntragedy
as if it takes balls to play death metal.

chug chug chug chug. <-- skillz!

That's metalcore. Death metals more like CHUGCHUGCHUGCHUGCHUGCHUGCHUGCHUG