Hey ug.
help with writing a sort of melodic hardcore? similar to misery signals.
what style chord progressions to use etc.

thanks a bunch
Proud Australian.
use something like a harmonic minor, basing the chord progression of something like the 'icecream progression' or a 1,3,5 type thing.

your question is kinda lazy.. you should really be trying to figure this out yourself and not have such a wide question. You're almost telling us to tell you what to make your song sound like :P
Learn some melodic hardcore and find out about the techniques used. Then, use palm chorded sequences progressions. However, I do not support asking how to write a certain style of music. I advise against conforming to a musical cliche and support writing exactly how you feel and experimenting as much as you can. The piece I am currently working on has 75 bars yet has already gone from soft jazz, to classical, to metalcore, to technical-shred, to Eastern Harmonic Minor styles. When you copy your favorite band, you're not writing new music, just recycling the old.
Quote by Myung-trucci
Learn some melodic hardcore and find out about the techniques used. Then, use palm chorded sequences progressions. However, I do not support asking how to write a certain style of music. I advise against conforming to a musical cliche and support writing exactly how you feel and experimenting as much as you can. The piece I am currently working on has 75 bars yet has already gone from soft jazz, to classical, to metalcore, to technical-shred, to Eastern Harmonic Minor styles. When you copy your favorite band, you're not writing new music, just recycling the old.
I stopped smiling in agreeance when I read that. Harmonic minor is just a musical term for when a minor based song is about to resolve, but doesnt use a major sixth. Unless you really like the sound of augmented seconds (and some guys do), you don't use the harmonic minor scale exclusively.

Otherwise, listen to this man. Musical cliche's are evil.
I like the sound of Harmonic Minor (raises hand in shyness). Sure its predictable, in the same way Whole-Tone is predictable. But I still like it..