Poll: Do I have a Decent Voice?
Poll Options
View poll results: Do I have a Decent Voice?
YES
41 47%
NO
46 53%
Voters: 87.
Ok.. I'm planning to perform with this girl.. and she really has a good voice I play guitar she sings but she wants me to sing with her.. the problem is I'm not sure if I have a decent voice so I recorded myself and uploaded it on my ug profile.. I'll let PIT decide

If I get more yes votes I'll sing with her if I get more No votes then I don't know what will happen cause she really wants me to sing with her.. and I want to but I'm not sure if my voice wants to sing Lol..

I made a cover(bad cover I guess) of Blyss`(Lifehouse) Joshua

here's the mp3
http://profile.ultimate-guitar.com/ai3gtmc/music/all/play436895 (lol messed up on some parts..)

why am i doing this? cause I don't want to embarass myself infront of alot of people.. so
please be honest..
Last edited by ai3gtmc at Oct 14, 2008,
There was an old EP of Muse going round. Matt Bellamys voice was kinda crap when he was younger, but now it's friggin awesome.

Point is there's hope for everyone. You just need a bit of practise, can't expect to start singing and be good at it straight away.

Oh yeah and wrong forum.
Needs a bit of practice but got he potential
I sat next to a nun on the bus once, she said hi

Twitter: @Pikey_P - wise words right there.
Quote by Gaz_m2k5
There was an old EP of Muse going round. Matt Bellamys voice was kinda crap when he was younger, but now it's friggin awesome.

Point is there's hope for everyone. You just need a bit of practise, can't expect to start singing and be good at it straight away.

Oh yeah and wrong forum.

thanks for the reply.. hmm I can't find the right forum for this that's why I posted it here..

Quote by vegetable-jim
Needs a bit of practice but got he potential

Really? thanks.. hmm I'll start practicing then
I think that it's ok to start with. now just practice practice practice.
A hero of war, Yeah that's what I'll be

(.)(.)..........(.)(.)..........(.)(.)..........(.)(.)..........(.)(.)..........(.)(.)..........(.)(.)
Quote by ai3gtmc
hmm I can't find the right forum

so you saw riffs & recordings and thought 'it CAN'T be that one'
derp
lol u have faggot in ur username

Quote by Jack Off Jill
You know, if you, Silent Deftone and I get together.. We'd be unstoppable at the night clubs.

Everything I say is to be taken as serious fucking business.
Ouch, as constructive as I can without feeling slack, I think it was average.
Sing louder next time and practice a ****load!
I'm not bashing here, this is my honest opinion:

Work on your breathing. Your voice is too weak and you are singing mostly off-key.
Quote by Ichikurosaki
sloth is hacking away feebly at the grass because he is a sloth but he was trying so hard ;_; hes all "penguin im HERE i am here to help you penguin"
Your voice isn't good at the moment, but it could improve with practice.

The other important question to ask is this: is the girl hot?
I'd say your voice is decent. There's a few note you don't seem to be able to hit but alittle practise should take care of that. Good luck, mate
Quote by punk_metal
Ouch, as constructive as I can without feeling slack, I think it was average.
Sing louder next time and practice a ****load!

Ok will do next time..

Quote by Demon Wolf
I'm not bashing here, this is my honest opinion:

Work on your breathing. Your voice is too weak and you are singing mostly off-key.

breathing yeah I know that problem.. I'm trying to fix that problem I always run out of breath that's why my singing sounds off key.. thanks for the honest opinion appreciate it.

Quote by SmarterChild
Your voice isn't good at the moment, but it could improve with practice.

The other important question to ask is this: is the girl hot?

practice yeah I'm doing it right now lol..

for the 2nd question.. oh well I can say she's gorgeous

Quote by ScythePuppet
I'd say your voice is decent. There's a few note you don't seem to be able to hit but alittle practise should take care of that. Good luck, mate

cool then thanks mate
You need confidence, man. If you go in thinking you sound like shit, you're gonna sound like shit.
Music Myspace

Quote by Kensai
Just don't do it in las vegas, new york or miami. Their CSI teams will find you and hunt you down without mercy.
No.

As to why - everyone here has already pointed out your flaws so there's no point in going over them.

As to the performance. When is it? If tomorrow, then there's really no point in going unless SHE really wants you to, no matter what objections you have. Then it also means something else, of what's content I will leave to your discovery.

If the performance is in 2weeks/month, then I'd say you practice, practice, practice and practice more. Then you sing WITH HER for practice and you guys might pull it off decently.

But don't expect a grand show out of it. Good luck!
Quote by RoamingConflict
This one dream involved me, one random girl, midgets and a pie.

...and midgets ended up f*cking her. I got the pie.

you sounnd like i sound on recording! Potential to have a very good voice with practice and maybe lessons. Do scales and warm ups to strengthen those vocal cord for greater control,projection and increase your range. Good luck with the girl
Quote by rorythefaggot
so you saw riffs & recordings and thought 'it CAN'T be that one'

The singing thread is actually in Musician talk...

Zing...
Need Singing Advice?; Read the first page then ask questions.

Quote by punkman_123
Damn Auals, you're messed up. :P

Quote by ZanasCross
This just reminded me of the time that my brother in law texted his mom on the night after his wedding. All it said was "Consummated."
To control your breathing, learn how to support your diaphragm and let only enough air out to make the note, not too much, not too little. Oh, and breathe with your lower lungs, your stomach should be going in and out when you are breathing, not your chest. You can practice the breathing techniques anywhere to get to it!
"Ignorance runs rampant through this virus we call life, dead one day, alive the next, never breaking a stride. As I take it all in and realize, nothing we do can stop it, I release the hatred from my eyes, only to feel it within."
Last edited by crackhutch at Oct 14, 2008,
cooper512: potential hehe that's what my uncle(a great singer) told me but he said i would need alot of practice.. too bad we live far away from them or I'd be getting personal training :p

crackhutch: thanks for the tip. I always loose my breath wile singing.. :p I think I'm breathing the wrong way.
If she has a good voice, she should be able to tell you if your bad, or what you can do better, ask her.
You went off key a lot of times. Though you can fix that with practice!
"When I grow up, I wanna be a vampire bat"

Quote by Feel bad inc.
If she has a good voice, she should be able to tell you if your bad, or what you can do better, ask her.

i told her that I think my voice isn't good.. but she said I do have a good voice..
Quote by ai3gtmc
i told her that I think my voice isn't good.. but she said I do have a good voice..

Your voice could accent hers really well, I haven't listened to the clip yet. I'm a little busy, if you post it in the Singing Tips Thread then i'll get to it later tonight (Link in my sig). I wasn't the greatest singer (still arne't) but my voice really worked well when me and the singer of my old band (female) worked together, just because it blended. If you do it right, and you have a good ear for pitch, then your voice will find alternate melodies (harmonies) without even meaning to. This isn't because you're neccessarily a "good singer" it's just because it's what your voice will do.

But yeah, if you want tips on breathing and practice things then singing tips thread, meet you there.

Quote by punkman_123

Quote by ZanasCross
This just reminded me of the time that my brother in law texted his mom on the night after his wedding. All it said was "Consummated."
Not bad but you're too hesitant.

Here are the tips:

1- Don't hold back so much
2- Lose the 20 second single note intro

Your voice has a good timbre and you seem to be pretty much on key, so just work on developing a stronger voice.
kinda depends on what music you're playing honestly....but practice the **** outta w/e this is
Geets:
Ibanez GSA60
Epiphone SG/LP custom
Schecter Damien elite 7
Fender Highway one Telecaster

Pedals:
Visual sound Jekyll and Hyde

Amp:
Peavey 6505
Marshall M412a cab
Peavey Classic 50

GO STEELERS!
Quote by ai3gtmc
Ok.. I'm planning to perform with this girl.. and she really has a good voice I play guitar she sings but she wants me to sing with her.. the problem is I'm not sure if I have a decent voice so I recorded myself and uploaded it on my ug profile.. I'll let PIT decide

If I get more yes votes I'll sing with her if I get more No votes then I don't know what will happen cause she really wants me to sing with her.. and I want to but I'm not sure if my voice wants to sing Lol..

I made a cover(bad cover I guess) of Blyss`(Lifehouse) Joshua

here's the mp3
http://profile.ultimate-guitar.com/ai3gtmc/music/all/play436895 (lol messed up on some parts..)

why am i doing this? cause I don't want to embarass myself infront of alot of people.. so
please be honest..

She wants you to sing with her... You know how much of an honour that is? Do it man! Go sing with her. It doesn't matter what the Pit says, she thinks your voice is good, and as long as she thinks that, you should go up on stage, not for yourself, but for her!

C'mon man get up there and sing!
I will soon perish from this lethal injection called love.
All the people slamming you probably don't even have clips of their singing.

I say go for it. You're young and you get better by doing, not posting.
you need to sing from your stomach, this sounds like its all throat.

an easy kinda of good way of doing this is by tensing you stomach muscles like you're doing situps and then kind of push your stomach down. And don't be afraid to put more power behind it, its easier to hit the notes when you sing more loudly, its much harder when you sing really softly like that.

The tonality is pretty awful to be honest
Hi I'm
Mr. JimBo R. Insane
Quote by SenorSmiley
All the people slamming you probably don't even have clips of their singing.

I say go for it. You're young and you get better by doing, not posting.

Exactly, we all have good gigs and bad gigs. Whether we're good singers or not. It's just practice mate and giving it a go.

Quote by punkman_123

Quote by ZanasCross
Decent... not good or great. Room for significant improvement but you don't make me wanna jam a screw driver in my ear. You're ok, IMO. You'll be fine.
Quote by Article
She pulled off his left testicle and tried to swallow it, before spitting it out. A friend handed it back to Mr Jones saying "That's yours"

Wii Is For Queers! Co-Founder Of The "We Hate Wii" Club
Return to a Condition of Being...<-Band. Add plz!
reading through the recent posts... I'll go for it then, I don't care about the poll anymore I'll do it.. whatever it takes lol

*practicing now...*
That wasn't bad at all buddy. Defo got the foundations of a good voice, all you need is to practice.
I have no idea about anything to do with singing, I only know what sounds good and what doesn't. This is the exacts same way 99.9% of the audience will be so I can't really give you specific critiques on what to do, but I think it sounded pretty good, and for just one show, your voice doesn't have to be insanely amazing. Just practice like everyone else here says I guess and it will be great.
You'd think for guitarists, people here would have better rhythm. I rarely hear a bedroom recording on this site where the singer has any idea of how to sing on beat with the song.
absolutely dreadful singing, but your voice doesn't have a bad tone. You need to step up and not be afraid to sing. Right now you're putting a lot of 'whisper' in your voice, and you're not hitting the notes solidly. Work on confidence and hitting the notes better and you'll do all right.
I just did it XD lol oh well it's not just the 2 of us though.. :P my bro joined(pianist) and another girlfriend of her(she sings ), my bro(a good singer too) said my mic was on low volume but he heard it and he said I improved yay! lol