hi this is me dads dg335 style guitar i named it rc335 because his initials are rc. He bought the body and neck of one of his freinds and he got given an old old skool bigsby trem with it which he was very happy about obviously. Anyway heres the pics when he got them

before
the neck before we modified the head stock

and the body without anything done to it

after

more pics of back neck and headstock to come
Wanna know what gear i have? check my profile
Black Beauty Owners Group
Muddy Waters invented electricity

Paul Kossoff = Genius
Last edited by gangsta_rick at Oct 14, 2008,
Very nice!
Going for the Dave Grohl look? Looks very understated!
How does she play?

Epiphone Les Paul Standard w/ SD Alnico Pro II's
Fender Aerodyne Telecaster & Stratocaster
Marshall JCM 800 4104 combo

E-Married to Funny_Page
yeah i showed him pictures of the dave grohl one and he said im making it like that one haha he put loads of research in trying to get the shape of the neck right and where to put the diamond holes and stuff like that. the pictures not the best so ill try and get a better one tonight. it plays like a dream i was amazed at the sound it confused me a little bit playing it with it being a 24 fret but im used to it now when i actually get the chance to play it, oh some things i forgot to mention its a 24 fret neck, it has kent armstrong open humbuckers on and also cts pots i think thats all haha

Paul Kossoff = Genius
Wow, that's awesome. What did you use to finish the body? that's the exact color and finish (satin, it looks like) that I wanna do do my friend's Pacifica that I'm getting from him.
Schecter Gryphon; Ibanez AEG20E
Peavey Rage 158 ; TRAYNOR YCS50
EHX Big Muff Pi; Dunlop CryBaby GCB-95 (modded); MXR M-108 10-band; DigiTech JamMan Looper
Why do I see a different headstock in the photo?
Quote by demoniacfashion
Is there any black people on UG?
I don't think a lot of black people play guitar anymore.

Quote by Oasis-fanatic
they all kinda went extinct after hendrix really.

Needless to say, I lol'ed.

Quote by human panda
Appart from being on UG or wanking, thats what i mostly do
Quote by Kingyem0c0re
Why do I see a different headstock in the photo?

he did say that he modified it.
Quote by BD 425
Wow, that's awesome. What did you use to finish the body? that's the exact color and finish (satin, it looks like) that I wanna do do my friend's Pacifica that I'm getting from him.

its actually not satin its just the picture isnt very good its actually a rose wood body. and the headstocks different because we modfied it when my dad saw the dg 335 because he wanted it to look like that. ill put some pics up of the back and try and get a better one of the front

Paul Kossoff = Genius
Quote by gangsta_rick
its actually not satin its just the picture isnt very good its actually a rose wood body. and the headstocks different because we modfied it when my dad saw the dg 335 because he wanted it to look like that. ill put some pics up of the back and try and get a better one of the front

Oh, damn.... well that's a great piece 'o wood you got there . This guitar actually looks even better with the shiny finish on it, but that's not the look I want.
Schecter Gryphon; Ibanez AEG20E
Peavey Rage 158 ; TRAYNOR YCS50
EHX Big Muff Pi; Dunlop CryBaby GCB-95 (modded); MXR M-108 10-band; DigiTech JamMan Looper
what pickups are in it?
Gibson SG Faded
Epi VJ Stack

Quote by Øttər
Whenever I clean my guitars, my family wonders why it smells so good; I say that I exude a fresh citrus scent from hidden orifices.
They stopped asking
Looks great. I really like the Grohl 335. I would say paint it, Buth the rosewood looks soo nice. Put a rosewood bridge on it, sorta like whats normally on jazz guitars, itll look really nice IMO.
the pick ups are made by kent armstrong the model number is either wpu11 or wpu10.
what size mounting screws do you need for these as mine are too big.
just thought id update, my dads finally gave in to my pestering and given me the guitar so i ordered a Jimmy Page wiring kit and we wired it up last night, so HOPEFULLY itll go in without any problems tonight and i can try it out, fingers crossed lol, oh and carpincowboy sorry for the late reply but i havnt been on for a while i just used the screws that came with the pickups

Paul Kossoff = Genius
I really love this. Did you guys hand-build the body or was it a pre-built?
R.I.P. Les Paul, 1915-2009

A man chooses, a slave obeys.
That really does look excellent, I'm impressed with the work on the headstock.
Skeet UK is awesome, he can get WD Music parts discounted.