Well, I have always been interested in a 90's American ''boat,'' so to say. It's a 6 seat-er, 5.7L V8, 1991 Caprice Classic. It has 75000 miles and my friend wants to trade for my 2002 Chevy Venture with 106,000 miles and a rebuilt motor.

I won't go into the specifics, but does that seems like a reasonable trade? We both want each others cars, neither one has anything seriously wrong with them, etc etc.

Are there any problems I might expect from a 1991 Caprice Classic?

Thanks.
Epi Gothic Thunderbird
Squier P-Bass w/new pups
Ibanez RG7321
Washburn Acoustic Guitar
SWR LA 12

POD X3 Live $300/500.
Do you live near sea or a lake ?
If yes.. i would go for it
Squier Standard Telecaster.
Random Ibanez GIO superstrat
Takamine EG440C Maple Blue

Line 6 Spider III 30 w
Blackheart Killer Ant
Blackheart Little Giant

Line 6 Pod X3 Live
Line 6 Toneport UX-2
Well you should expect normal old car things. It's a 17-18 year old car, so expect things to not work. It seems like a pretty strange trade as yours is a 2002 model, maybe he should sweeten it with a bit of cash.
nope...v8's got power, but they're innefficient
How bout' no you crazy Dutch Bastard!

You live in the middle of nowhere? THEN BLOW **** UP!

Pretty Heavy and thick??...Sounds like a wasp fucking an Exhaust pipe...Its Rubbish!
Quote by pataldo
Well you should expect normal old car things. It's a 17-18 year old car, so expect things to not work. It seems like a pretty strange trade as yours is a 2002 model, maybe he should sweeten it with a bit of cash.

True, but given it was kept in good condition and has a moderate amount of miles shouldn't it be fine? I guess I was wondering if people knew about specific problems with this car, as I've heard it does last through 300,000 miles.

I understand the V8 will take more gas, though according to the internet it only has 15 more hp than my minivan lol.
Epi Gothic Thunderbird
Squier P-Bass w/new pups
Ibanez RG7321
Washburn Acoustic Guitar
SWR LA 12

POD X3 Live $300/500.
Caprices guzzle gas. They are alright if you like cruising around like a grandma though. Or you want to try to act black.

Get some giant rims so you fit in.

None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free.
Quote by nebiru
Caprices guzzle gas. They are alright if you like cruising around like a grandma though. Or you want to try to act black.

Get some giant rims so you fit in.

Yeah, I've heard that from both sides. Someone said they get 16/25 *shrugs*
I drive about 30 miles a day so I guess I would be paying about $4 in gas per day I drive then? -that's with gas prices at $2.80 in my town.

EDIT:Those rims give +100 to gas mileage right ;D
Epi Gothic Thunderbird
Squier P-Bass w/new pups
Ibanez RG7321
Washburn Acoustic Guitar
SWR LA 12

POD X3 Live $300/500.
I drive a Silverado and I pay over $100 bucks a week in gas and thats mainly JUST to go to work. A Caprice would get slightly better gas mileage but not much.
Quote by nebiru
I drive a Silverado and I pay over $100 bucks a week in gas and thats mainly JUST to go to work. A Caprice would get slightly better gas mileage but not much.

How many miles do you drive weekly?
Epi Gothic Thunderbird
Squier P-Bass w/new pups
Ibanez RG7321
Washburn Acoustic Guitar
SWR LA 12

POD X3 Live $300/500.
About 40 miles each day Monday-Friday.

And not a whole lot most weekends. Maybe 50-100 sometimes?
Quote by nebiru
About 40 miles each day Monday-Friday.

And not a whole lot most weekends. Maybe 50-100 sometimes?

Ok, well I drive 150 miles a week on average... at least that's what I limit myself to.

So, 150 miles/16 MPG=9.3 gallons per week*$2.80per gallon of gas=$26 per week.

That seems reasonable enough.
Epi Gothic Thunderbird
Squier P-Bass w/new pups
Ibanez RG7321
Washburn Acoustic Guitar
SWR LA 12

POD X3 Live $300/500.