I know, I have posted alot of stuff narrowing down what gear I want but...

Peavey Valveking 112 or AD50VT Valvetronix 1x12 Guitar Combo Amplifier

With a Digitech DBM Bad Monkey Overdrive pedal

and a LTD EC 400VF that has Seymour Duncan JB (B) /
’59 (N) p.u.

Would the LTD EC give a good metal tone or is there something alot better for the price $599
LTD will give good metal tone, the valveking and pedal will also give nice enough tone, steer away from solid state amps (Vox AD-VT series) if you are spending more than 150 lol.

Look at 15 watt valve amps, such as the Laney VC15 or LC15r, and a blackheart handsome devil.

Those are pretty much the best cheap amps (all valve).
$600 for 15 watt amps the valveking is $419 and its 50 watt..

Also for the same price is the LTD viper 400 which has EMG 80/85 would that be a better set of pikcups then the duncans.
Last edited by Smokiedahippo at Oct 14, 2008,
Quote by SheikYerbouti
LTD will give good metal tone, the valveking and pedal will also give nice enough tone, steer away from solid state amps (Vox AD-VT series) if you are spending more than 150 lol.

Look at 15 watt valve amps, such as the Laney VC15 or LC15r, and a blackheart handsome devil.

Those are pretty much the best cheap amps (all valve).

Not really a good choice for metal.

Quote by Smokiedahippo
Also for the same price is the LTD viper 400 which has EMG 80/85 would that be a better set of pikcups then the duncans.

Not really. It just depends on what you prefer. I'm not a fan of the EMG tone anymore and took them out of all the guitars I had them in. My new Edwards has both of those Duncans in it and it can bring teh br00talz just fine.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Quote by THEKID546
im getting tired of this.

You've been here since September...
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com