I've got a Marshall 30DFX amp and I want to get a more AC/DC'y sound from it.

What settings do I need to dial in to get the sound??

I've played around with the gain/drive etc etc but can't quite seem to get it.

any suggestions?
use the clean channel, buy a pedal.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
turn it up to 10 on clean
No endeavour rivals science in its incremental progress towards a more complete understanding of the observable universe.
well, a lot of people are gonna jump right to bashing your MG, ill actually try to help. Im not familiar with the MG so i dont know what kind of channels it has. If it has a crunch channel, use that and up the Treble and put the mids around 5, bass around 6, but like i said, im not familiar with the MG's EQ and channels
Peavey XXX combo *upgraded screen resistors, Tung-Sol's, and 6L6's*
Schecter Syn Std. * modded, scalloped, and worn*
Schecter C-1 Elite *still sexy*
Ibanez AEL 12-string

"He who sticks his dick in peanut butter is fucking nuts"
not alot of gain but a shit ton of volume
I sat next to a nun on the bus once, she said hi

Twitter: @Pikey_P - wise words right there.
^agreed, but also, try rolling off your guitar's volume a little too. i did that with my SG and MG15DFX, and that made it alot closer to Angus's sound
Main Gear List:
Guitars:
Jackson RR7
Agile AL-3100 Double Bound
1977 Fender Jazz Bass
Amp:
Blackstar HT-5
peavey bass amp
Effects:
EHX Metal Muff
Ibanez Weeping Demon Wah
Danelectro 7-band EQ
Well, it won't really work on an MG, but turn up your treble and mids, keep your bass around half and dial you gain so you get a nice crunch
Quote by bjovi400
well, a lot of people are gonna jump right to bashing your MG, ill actually try to help. Im not familiar with the MG so i dont know what kind of channels it has. If it has a crunch channel, use that and up the Treble and put the mids around 5, bass around 6, but like i said, im not familiar with the MG's EQ and channels

yeah, i wasnt bashing him, i was honestly telling his how to do it.
maybe he has $40 for a pedal and can stop kicking himself in the ass trying to get a good ACDC tone.

and i say this as someone who HAS experience wt this amp.

edit: TS just throwing this out there because ur name is fender fan, but you're using humbuckers right?
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
I would leave the bass around 3, turn treble up to abuot 7 and mids all the way up, gain around 6 and turn up the volume. AC/DC isn't all that much gain the sound comes from the amps being cranked
Call me Dom
Quote by Dmaj7
I don't know how to count canadians, the metric system is hard

Quote by gregs1020
well if lbj pokes his head in here and there's no nuts shit's gonna go doooooooowwwwwwwwwn.

{Pedalboard Thread Native: The Muffin Man}
Quote by pak1351
I wouldn't think cranking a mg would make for good tone. At all.

Lots of treble, and listen to jenny

Yeah, turn it DOWN (like to 0)
But seriously, AC/DC's tone comes from a cranked TUBE amp. Cranking that SS amp will sound terrible
yeah my forum name (fenderfan03) is from 2003 when I'd just bought my strat. I now play an epiphone les paul but I don't think the mods would change my username.

cheers for all your replies on the amp settings - i'll have a fiddle with my knobs later.
my pocket pod did the trick. amp set to clean mode, pocket pod set to the Back In Black setting.

why didn't I do this before?? sounds fantastic!!