Hello,

My vintage LP style guitar rings a bit off tune whenever I fret the DGB all together say at 888. I have intonated it but the d is still a bit flat and I can't move the saddle anymore? Help please
Does the open string match the note played at the 12th fret?

New strings?
The strings have been on for 3 weeks. The D is a tiny tiny bit flat but the rest is ok. but the saddle is right at the top I can't move it anymore.
Quote by Hellraiser_uk
The strings have been on for 3 weeks. The D is a tiny tiny bit flat but the rest is ok. but the saddle is right at the top I can't move it anymore.

I believe there is a method were turning the saddles around to achieve that extra bit, i suggest some reading up on it as i am unsure of the exact facts
It's new that's all. I don't really wanna mess with it too much, knowing me i'll do it wrong! But just paid £70 to have my floyd rose sorted on another guitar so don't want to take it to a shop
if it's just flat at one fret all around the same string, then there's most likely a ding at that fret (or string) have a look.

sometimes a fret redress or polish is in order. not expensive around $20 US, but worth it, if that fret is to blame.

if it's all the frets are flat, from the 8th -12th, and you cant get more room on the saddle to sort it, you can flip a saddle on a TOM, if the saddle points opposite from the direction ud like to move it
or
you can work with the intonation spring if it's a strat style.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Last edited by jj1565 at Oct 14, 2008,
Quote by Hellraiser_uk
Hello,

My vintage LP style guitar rings a bit off tune whenever I fret the DGB all together say at 888. I have intonated it but the d is still a bit flat and I can't move the saddle anymore? Help please

read my blog about intonation, it might have what you're looking for
<|ĐÞŞ|>
Dead Puppy Society
=When the going gets tough, the tough get going=