After seeing Andy Mckee + Don Ross last night I have an urge to start learning to play some acoustic style guitar. I've been playing for 3 years but only really doing rock songs and I'm not anywhere near as good as I should be now, due to not practicing enough earlier on. Now I am struggling with learning the 'Stairway to Heaven' solo, just to give you an idea of my skill level.

Please recommend some intro-level acoustic, flamenco or classical style guitar tunes to learn as I have no idea about these genres!

Thanks in advance.
Yours sincerely,

bobwentpop, UG's favourite spontaneous combustion victim.
Last edited by bobwentpop at Oct 14, 2008,
the technique in learning classical guitar is very important and fairly indepth, if not being taught by a professional, get guides on technique by surfing the trusted interwebz.

[quote="'[x"]Huffy[x]']Just give up, because Callo just destroyed you.
Quote by daytripper75
if i am not pooping, i stand to pee. if i am pooping, it makes more sense to just sit down in the first place.

CALLO

Ok. Thank you both. Looks like 'Hey There Delilah' can be learnt really easily, basically the same all the way through, and probably below the level that would be challenging. But nevertheless, I shall learn it!

Do you know anywhere I can find good guides?

*EDIT*
I guess I'm on the perfect site for the job! Silly me!

But I'd also like some tunes to play while I work on the technique, to add some more fun stuff.
Yours sincerely,

Last edited by bobwentpop at Oct 14, 2008,
Not sure if you are into the 80's hairband power ballads (I am) but theres a ton of them to learn with acoustic backing- maybe not what you are looking for but certainly sappy enough to win some ""awws" from the ladies;
When the Children Cry - White Lion
Patience- Guns N' Roses
I remember you- Skid Row
More Than Words - Extreme

If you are looking for songs that are more based on picking / flamenco sounding
Have you ever really loved a woman - Bryan Adams.

I'm also a noob, so I hope this is somewhere in the ballpark of an answer for you.
Thank you.

I really like 80s hair power ballads, but I don't admit to my friends.

*High five*
Yours sincerely,

i LEARNED HEY THERE DELILAH IN ABOUT 10 MINS, WITHOUT LISTENING TO THE SONG AND IM FAR FROM TALENTED OR SKILLED. ITS PRETTY EASY AND AS STATED EARLIER ITS CONSISTENT PRETTY WELL ALL THE WAT THROUGH. THE TAB ON THIS SITE IS GOOD. SORRY ABOUT THE CAPS. IM NOT YELLING, IM JUST TO LAZY TO TURN THEM OFF AND START OVER.....BUT APPARENTLY NOT TO LAZY TO TYPE AN EXPLANATION THAT EXCEEDS THE ACTUAL MSG IN CHARACTERS.......HMMM
80s metal tunes are a great place to start for easy acoustic. try "silent lucidity" by queensryche. as for acoustic guides, i like the lessons at www.guitarinstructor.com. look for an instructor there named doug bodoch - he's got some good beginning acoustic stuff. for more advanced there's alex degrassi, who's in the same style as don ross