I have a question about a newer marshall amp, the JVM205H. I am a marshall noob and I don't know much about their newer lines besides that the reissues are horrid compared to the vintage ones and clones. Anyone that knows Marshall like the back of their hand care to tell me how this amp sounds? Good? Bad? Goin for a high gain 80s metal type sound a-la Iron Maiden meets Sodom. (Yes I know a JCM 800 would be nice :p, I'm curious about this amp too however)

Any help is appreciated.
Baron K2 SE 120
MILLS 4x12 Afterburner
Eventide TimeFactor Delays
ISP Pro Rack G Noise Suppressor
BKP Warpig pickups
This along with the Vintage Modern are helping to revive Marshall as a powerhouse IMO. I've heard more or less only good things about it. Jason Hook from Alice Cooper is using it, so if you can find decent quality live clips that might help you put some of the tones in perspective.

Versatile while remaining easy. A nice, crunchy tube overdrive with all the fixin's'. Very nice, clear cleans and the different stages of distortion you can choose are really nice in fine tuning your sound.

If you're not worried about versatility and can obtain one, I'd buy a JCM800 in your situation, but failing the resources and needing more options, the JVM is a nice choice.
for me personally, four channels is absurd. but yes, the jvm is possibly one of, if not the most versatile marshall ever. it will def. give you the sound you are looking for.

however, since you want a marshall for iron maiden sounds, save up for a jcm 800 on ebay. believe me, it'll be worth the wait.

i waited for a while for a jcm 2000 dsl 50 and god does it sound amazing for what i play.
Epi Les Paul Standard (vintage sunburst with SD pearly gates pickup in the bridge and SD Alnico II Pro in the neck)
Marshall JCM 2000 DSL 50
Avatar 2x12 (vintage 30 and marshall heritage speakers)
Crybaby 535Q
Boss CE-5
Boss GE-7
Boss TU-2
Quote by totenkopfSG
for me personally, four channels is absurd.

The 205 is a clean/crunch/OD amp; not the 4 of their main head.
Doesn't one of the channels sound like a jcm 800 though? I heard something about it somewhere.

Epiphone Les Paul Standard w/ SD Alnico Pro II's
Fender Aerodyne Telecaster & Stratocaster
Marshall JCM 800 4104 combo

E-Married to Funny_Page
Awesome amp. My favorite of the JVM models. Only two channels (which is good). Modes don't count. Very tonful, lots of gain, thick sounding crunch. Easy to navigate the front panel too.
MARSHALL JVM 210H
PEAVEY JSX
KRANK 412
MESA 412
FENDER STRATS
DIMARZIO
CELESTION
Thanks for the input everyone, it's greatly appreciated.
Baron K2 SE 120
MILLS 4x12 Afterburner
Eventide TimeFactor Delays
ISP Pro Rack G Noise Suppressor
BKP Warpig pickups
Quote by mcrfobtai
They are fine amps. 4 channels is overkill for me thoughAs always though, i recommend looking into clones.
The JVM 205H is a 2 channel, 50 watt head.
MARSHALL JVM 210H
PEAVEY JSX
KRANK 412
MESA 412
FENDER STRATS
DIMARZIO
CELESTION
Quote by Van Noord
The JVM 205H is a 2 channel, 50 watt head.

Oh, I read somebody's post saying it was 4 channels. Sorry.
Quote by mcrfobtai
Oh, I read somebody's post saying it was 4 channels. Sorry.
No big deal, the JVM 410H is the 4 channel.
MARSHALL JVM 210H
PEAVEY JSX
KRANK 412
MESA 412
FENDER STRATS
DIMARZIO
CELESTION
Yeah, I would never need anything like that. I think people rely too much on the channels instead of using the eq and learning to use the volume knob on their guitar.
just my 2 cents
Quote by mcrfobtai
Yeah, I would never need anything like that. I think people rely too much on the channels instead of using the eq and learning to use the volume knob on their guitar.
just my 2 cents
It's true. I have a 3 channel head, but use 1 channel 90% of the time.
MARSHALL JVM 210H
PEAVEY JSX
KRANK 412
MESA 412
FENDER STRATS
DIMARZIO
CELESTION