Well I was looking for a good distortion pedal that can be very versatile, and my teacher recommended me a tonebon Hot British, after a week he came back and told me that he heard the Tech 21 Sansamp Para Driver DI and it's kick ass much much more then the Hot Britis..so im asking if someone here own this pedal and if he recommend it, because I don't have much information about it..
Not to sure about the para driver, but I had a Tri A.C. which was really cool. Its all analog and the amps it emulates are pretty good, the only reason i got rid of it is because i got my single rectifier.
Last edited by Muramasa at Oct 14, 2008,
Well the Para Driver is really a pre amp for connecting to a P.A system or direct recording to a mixer through a mic or instrument plug. If you want a distortion pedal look into the GT-2 or the Tri A.C.
Last edited by Muramasa at Oct 14, 2008,
Quote by Muramasa
Well the Para Driver is really a pre amp for connecting to a P.A system or direct recording to a mixer through a mic or instrument plug. If you want a distortion pedal look into the GT-2 or the Tri A.C.

The SansAmp GT2 is the same thing.
Just plug it into the FX loop so it'll bypass the preamp and go straight to the poweramp. Then just use the clean channel, turn it on for distortion.
O O

___
Quote by TheBax
The SansAmp GT2 is the same thing.
Just plug it into the FX loop so it'll bypass the preamp and go straight to the poweramp. Then just use the clean channel, turn it on for distortion.

True but the Para driver is not really a distortion pedal. If he wants a distortion pedal then the GT2 and Tri A.C.
So what the Para Driver does? I think I don't have the GT2 in my country...only the Para driver will work as a distortion too?
Quote by shugon8
So what the Para Driver does? I think I don't have the GT2 in my country...only the Para driver will work as a distortion too?

???
i would try to find some youtube clips of both and decide for yourself and then order one from Tech 21 or buy one on Ebay. I sold my Tri AC to a kid in Germany, so its possible to buy one and have it shipped to Israel.
I'v been searching videos of the para driver and there isn't even one!
It's a good pedal. But I'd prefer the sansamp gt-2
CLICK ME

Quote by lrc95

hi, i was just wondering how to post a thread?

Quote by AS I LAY DYING!
and USD is equal to how much in US dollars?

Quote by Armchair Bronco
Everyone must own a DS-1 at some point in their playing career.

^^idiots

Quote by mothership
It's a good pedal. But I'd prefer the sansamp gt-2

TS, do you have any local stores around you?
O O

___
Quote by TheBax

TS, do you have any local stores around you?

+1. For you try out the pedals to compare.
CLICK ME

Quote by lrc95

hi, i was just wondering how to post a thread?

Quote by AS I LAY DYING!
and USD is equal to how much in US dollars?

Quote by Armchair Bronco
Everyone must own a DS-1 at some point in their playing career.

^^idiots

It sounds great - so what if its not a true distortion pedal - it sounds better than even the best ones!