Okay we have a 96 American strat I can get for $430.

or I can buy a 1000lbs of tone a phase 90 and some other things I've been looking at so what do you guys think?
Quote by gregs1020
Brett has been saving for a splawn for 4 years
countries have been toppled in the time it's taking, revolutions won got a black pres

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
When he finally gets one it'll probably be televised like the Berlin Wall coming down.
The end of an era
Didn't you need a clean amp too? What hapened with that. Cause your clean channel, well doesn't exist.
but I would go for the strat personally.
yeah I can use the Princton tell then. but a strat for 430 bucks come one.

I've been saving for a while for a different amp so thats a whole different fund.

but I have one for pedals and things like that also.
Quote by gregs1020
countries have been toppled in the time it's taking, revolutions won got a black pres

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
When he finally gets one it'll probably be televised like the Berlin Wall coming down.
The end of an era
I'd invest in a new amp, but hey, it's your cash
Out here you've gotta know where your towel is!
If you have seperate funds, then why not both. But, really an american strat for 430? I say go for that.
And ValoRhoads, he has a great amp, it just doesn't have much of a clean channel.
I have my laney alread man I just got a new amp haha I haven't changed any of my gear yet

EDIT: beacuse I didn't have much in my guitar fund I haven't been expecting to get a different guitar in a while but I was like 430 and I'm having a hard time cause I want to get a lovepedal 1000lbs of tone a Carbon Copy and a phase 90 and a usuable chorus.
Quote by gregs1020

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
The end of an era
Last edited by Bostonrocks at Oct 14, 2008,
Personally, I can't think of anything that would go better with the AOR than teh Lovepedal.

Or a Hoof Fuzz.

EDIT: Or a Caitlinbread, or a Frantone Fuzz :drool:
thats what I thought I REALLY want a EJ tone outta this thing I already have a good starting point with the settings now I need a analog delay and a 1000lbs of tone
Quote by gregs1020

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
The end of an era
Thats a good idea, If it's still there
Quote by gregs1020

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
The end of an era
Layaway.

Also: Hide it.
haha I'll see what I can do
Quote by gregs1020

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
The end of an era
So lets see here.

Butler Tube Driver: 250

LovePedal 200LBS of tone: 150ish

MXR carbon Copy: 120.

$520
Quote by gregs1020

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
The end of an era
that's a smokin deal on an american strat...which version of the phase 90 are you talking about?
standard ?
script ?
evh ?...man i want one of these just for the paint job
It's the standard but its only I think I get it for 20 bucks ( I work there)
Quote by gregs1020

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
The end of an era
yes 430 USD
Quote by gregs1020

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
The end of an era
yeah I know it's pretty sad. Boston and EJ are my two favorite tones ever
Quote by gregs1020

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
The end of an era
instead of the mxr delay, check out the visual sound h2o pedals, it's a chorus and delay, and the chorus in it's amazing. and the delay works great as well.
05' G&L S-500
95' Godin LGX

96' Yamaha APX 6-A

Peavey Classic 30
Maxon OD808
is it digital delay or is it uhh analog
Quote by gregs1020

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
The end of an era
Quote by Bostonrocks
is it digital delay or is it uhh analog

it's an analog delay, a good one at that

I have the older version of the pedal, not the V2 version, so the new one might even be a bit better than the one i have now
05' G&L S-500
95' Godin LGX

96' Yamaha APX 6-A

Peavey Classic 30
Maxon OD808
I'll look into it
Quote by gregs1020

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
The end of an era
yep thats what I'm hoping for I just threw some EHX 34's in her and it's pretty great
Quote by gregs1020

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
The end of an era
Get the strat. You can possibly turn it for a profit and then get one of the pedals or save up for a clean amp.

Also, you need a fuzz to effectively emulate an EJ tone IMO. Add at least $130 for a good fuzz to the shopping list.
the lovepedeal 200lbs of tone is a fuzz haha and I make fuzzes also acdc
Quote by gregs1020

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
The end of an era
I say go for that guitar.
But, I think an amp with cleans would work too

A bit off topic, but when do you plan on making OD's or clean boosts?
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
Last edited by darkarbiter7 at Oct 14, 2008,
yeah I do they've been on the backburner with school and everything else
Quote by gregs1020

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
The end of an era
Oh, I see.

That's a good price for that strat, though. I say go for that.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
I think I will
Quote by gregs1020

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
The end of an era
haha, thanks.

btw the 30 has 6L6 or 6v6 (I thinks) in it. It's a much different sounding amp then mine
Quote by gregs1020

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
The end of an era
You mean the 30 might have cleans???

But, your amp does sound good dirty. Did you make our collab recording with it?
I commented on it, BTW. I'd read my comment, I just need to know something real quick so I can start figuring out what I will play.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
Dark it should be from about 1:50 to 2:30ish
Quote by gregs1020

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
The end of an era
Quote by Bostonrocks
yeah I know it's pretty sad. Boston and EJ are my two favorite tones ever

But eric johnson doesnt even know his own tone!
haha
Quote by gregs1020

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
The end of an era
He has great tone nonetheless.

:P
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
Quote by darkarbiter7
He has great tone nonetheless.

:P

unbanned!?

I think the strat - the pedals aren't a chance event like the guitar.
yeah I guess
Quote by gregs1020

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
The end of an era