I'm working on Troy Stetina's Speed Mechanics and I've progressed quite slowly but surely. Then today, I started to play this exercise and i played at about 94 BPM (16th Notes). I could play it but could not maintain the speed for more than 2-3 rounds of the exercise. Am I doing something wrong or is this normal?
-When you have eliminated all which is impossible,then whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth

-PRS Tremonti SE with SD SH-1 '59 (Neck) and SD Distortion (Bridge)

-Schecter C-1 Elite

-Line 6 PODXT

-Floorboard
I would say it's normal. The harder the exercise the more effort you put into it, mentally and physically. The thing about practicing is that after you put enough time into it, it becomes easier. That's progress.
I tried looking at my posture and the muscles of my arms etc. I feel the same as the ones in lower bpm. I cant just maintain it. It feels like lifting weights for like 5 minutes straight and the last few seconds feels like hell.
-When you have eliminated all which is impossible,then whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth

-Schecter C-1 Elite

-Line 6 PODXT

-Floorboard
^ you're tensing up/making motions that are too large/fretting too hard/haven't done enough left hand practice.

If you have good posture and technique, feel free to just practice until you have the stamina. Just stop if you get pain rather than fatigue.
To Freepower:My right hand couldn't maintain the speed and I feel more tired rather than pain. Is this a stamina issue? I will record a video of me playing, when i can find my video camera, so you could see if i'm doing something wrong.

-Schecter C-1 Elite

-Line 6 PODXT

-Floorboard
Its normal, and its like lifting weights in a way. When your new to it or have little experience its harder to maintain, but the better you get at it the easier it becomes and it takes longer for you to get tired. Its all about practice. I'd keep it a bit slower and relax your muscles while you play, then slowly work up to normal speed without trying to tense. In a sense, let your arm glide through the riff
Quote by gflip69
To Freepower:My right hand couldn't maintain the speed and I feel more tired rather than pain. Is this a stamina issue? I will record a video of me playing, when i can find my video camera, so you could see if i'm doing something wrong.

Most likely stamina. Don't worry about the video unless you're still as easily tired in a few weeks.
Would it take long to have better stamina?

-Schecter C-1 Elite

-Line 6 PODXT

-Floorboard
In a word, yes - stamina is, like many things, something that develops gradually over time and can't be forced or rushed.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Thanks!!!

-Schecter C-1 Elite

-Line 6 PODXT

-Floorboard