So, last year, around the end of November, i got my first guitar and all of the, at that time, necessary gear for it. The only problem was, it was at guitar center and they got me to buy a Line 6 Spider III 30W. Now, almost a year later, i think its time for an upgrade, seeing as im actually playing in front of many people for a church event every week. I've been looking at a Vox Valvetronix AD30VT and i havent seen many bad things about it so far. I play an Epiphone Dot, and i play almost any type of music, mostly clean cut, or slightly distorted, and i haven't gotten a good clean sound out of my Line 6 yet, but a friend of mine who has been playing for over 5 years has a Vox Valvetronix and he recommends it to me but i need more of an opinion. My price range as of now is about $200-$300 and at Musicians Friend, this amp falls right in the middle.

also, would you recommend ordering off of a website like Musicians Friend or picking one up at my local instrument shop or Guitar Center?
Anti-Sig

███████
███████████
██████████████
█████████████████
█████████████████
███████████████
███████████
███████
the ad30vt is a great all around amp, should work great for you. and i order off of musiciansfriend all the time. its a great site with great service.
Main Gear List:
Guitars:
Jackson RR7
Agile AL-3100 Double Bound
1977 Fender Jazz Bass
Amp:
Blackstar HT-5
peavey bass amp
Effects:
EHX Metal Muff
Ibanez Weeping Demon Wah
Danelectro 7-band EQ
its alright but its not much of an upgrade if you bring your budget up by atleast a bill the your set on used gear other than that dont get the AD30vt when you could get the fender champ XD. better amp and tone, moddeling technology but it rivals flexxtone, and altough its 15 watts its got two power tubes in the power section so dont worry about power if anything it will be just as loud as the 30 watter or i wouldnt be surprised if louder.

also check out a used flextone on ebay, really awesome amp, good all rounder for the moeny especially used.

and crate is selling there tube amps for hella cheap so maybe that one would fit the glove.

if i had to push in a certain direction id have to say get the fender champ XD, its a really great super amp that can really do just about anything short of heavy brotalz metal.
and let me repeat again DONT, DONT, DONT get the Vox AD30vt, just dont.
well personally, if your looking for a really good clean tone and the option of slightly dirty then i personally would pick the Vox AC30 rather than a valvtronix because then you'rt paying for several tones you might not use all that often, with the AC30 you'll have payed for really awesome clean and dirty tones.

so if you has any questions about the AC30 i gaurentee and guitar center will have one and any other fairly large guitar shop.
This is a G chord....i used to be in a cranberries tribute band.
Last edited by Led Hed Lefty at Oct 14, 2008,
I don't think that the vox would be much of an upgrade.

I agree with the flextone or maybe a crate V.
Quote by Cobain_Is_King
I got a packet of Love Hearts when I was six and every one said 'You Have a Tiny Penis'

SuperLol'd
^^you dont say.
has no one ever tried a fender super champ XD, stop with this vox valvetronix stuff and go try one out.
i think you should just save up and buy a BOSS GT8 effects pedal cause ive got the worst amp in the world (MEGA) and when i use my gt8 the clean and distortion sound perfect... but then again everyone has their own opinion LOL
another thing:

i dont ONLY want good clean and distortion, i like to experiment with a lot of different tones and effects, which is one reason i like the Spider III, but it sounds so digital when i try to get a clean tone out of it, i've looked at the Champ XD and the Crate V just now and theyre strong options as well now, i guess i'll have to just go and see for myself
Anti-Sig

███████
███████████
██████████████
█████████████████
█████████████████
███████████████
███████████
███████
the champ XD is a clean machine.
classic bassman, vibro, black to silver and back and they all sound awesome.
i strongly recomend the champ XD because its very versatile and it dosent sound digital at all not the bit, i liked alot better than there flagship in moddelling, the Cyber Twin, because it was alot more simpler to use and it didnt sound as digital.
the crate v is alright but its just a cheap tube amp, same thing with the champ XD but it dosent sound like cheap tube amp.
is there a possibility for a channel switch pedal, or having different channels in either the Champ XD or the Crate V? having that option is one of the main reasons i like the AD30VT, its important in the setting i play for church, because of needing to switch from clean to distorted and are there other reasons to NOT go with the Vox?
Anti-Sig

███████
███████████
██████████████
█████████████████
█████████████████
███████████████
███████████
███████