So as much as i like playing hardcore stuff, the gear i use just isn't versatile enough to cover other genres i like, so im selling my rig to buy different stuff.

what I like playing is stuff like Cartel, Boys Like Girls, All Time Low, Fall Out Boy, Underoath (hard yes, but less hard than TDWP), Taking Back Sunday.

I'm hoping to get around $1100 for my gear so, these are some things I was considering:

I want to sell my Hellraiser to get $$$ for another Epi Les Paul Custom or something, a good versatile guitar

amp choices instead of my 5150 combo are:

Orange Tiny Terror
Marshall jcm800, jcm2000
Blackheart 15w head (i've heard some pretty good things about these heads..how are they voiced though?)

and i will probably buy an avatar cab or something with V30s

any help is greatly appreciated!!

ESP EC-1000 *Vintage Black*
Orange TH30 Head
Orange PPC212-OB

DiMarzio Cables
marshall jcm 800
Quote by Moggan13
Serjem is like a Bishops testicals: Swollen
ಠ_ಠ
IIIIfb * KARKOLI * ytIIII(mostly rock... a little funky, a little hard just the way you want it )
The marshalls would be good, although I'm personally not a huge fan. I actually get an extremely good pop-punk tone out of my Classic 50 without any pedals. A tube fender with a good OD would also be great. Mesa dual rectos are also great for pop-punk but are probably out of your price range.

And the LP is a good choice, but I also like a good '72 tele for pop-punk.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Solder fume huffer σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Electronic Audio Experiments
yeah, i really want a Mesa, but they expensive. *sigh* its easy buying gear, buy so hard to try to sell it.

Orange TH30 Head
Orange PPC212-OB

DiMarzio Cables
Don't get the blackheart. It's a great amp, but it's more classic rock voiced.

A used JCM800 would go for about 800$. A 900 would probably go for less, but I'm not a fan. A single rectifier you could probably get for 800$. If you can make your money stretch, I would go for a single rectifier or a JCM800 2210.
Quote by cutslikedrugsx
Don't get the blackheart. It's a great amp, but it's more classic rock voiced.

A used JCM800 would go for about 800$. A 900 would probably go for less, but I'm not a fan. A single rectifier you could probably get for 800$. If you can make your money stretch, I would go for a single rectifier or a JCM800 2210.

+1

Check craigslist for used amps, I got my single recto for $750 and the marshall 1960a cab for $300
the bands you mentioned screams out a battle to death between AC30, and JCM800.
I dont really listen to them, I honestly dont think i ever have but thats two of the main amps those bands use.
also i think one of the trannys from all time low uses a stilleto.
if anything look used and get the combo versions.
Last edited by THEKID546 at Oct 14, 2008,
yeah, a single rec would be nice, or a jcm 800..

whats the diff. though between the JCM's? i see 2203, 2210, 2205

also, some person on my local craigslist has an orange ad30 for $900 with free maxon overdrive pedal

Orange TH30 Head
Orange PPC212-OB

DiMarzio Cables
AC30 won't get enough gain, though I've seen poppunk bands using them though. They tend to be bands that play alot more real chords than power chords.

JCM 800s:

2203 - 100 W Single Channel
2204 - 50W Single Channel
2205 - 50 W Dual Channel
2210 - 100W Dual Channel

Alot of people prefer the single channel versions, because the boost channel on the two channel ones use solid state clipping. But it's a moot point because a tubescreamer does that same thing. I use a 2210 and it's perfect for what you want. I've also used a 2204 and found it harder to use. Rolling back on the volume takes time that I've enver had to switch to cleans right away. I prefer the 100 version because the clean 'normal' channel doesn't have alot of headroom. It's not a true clean channel, which is nice because you can get some nice breakup if you really dig in but it stays clean with mild to moderate picking, and you've got the boost for the higher gain stuff.

Edit: The only mainstream poppunk bands I've seen with voxes are Motion City Soundtrack and I think Saves The Day.
Last edited by cutslikedrugsx at Oct 14, 2008,
get the orange!
main rig:
MIM Tele->VP Jr.->CryBaby->Fuzz Factory->TS808->Carbon Copy->Phase 90->TU-3->Vox AC30CCH+Avatar 212 and Peavey VTM60+Marshall 1960A

Quote by necrosis1193
Fuzz...It's wonderful and horrible and beautiful and repulsive and so many things all at once.
ahh, thanks for that description. now I'll know

Orange TH30 Head
Orange PPC212-OB

DiMarzio Cables
if you do get a 2 channel jcm800, make sure it was made in 1987 or later. cheack the serial number. ones made in 86 and before have design flaws that resulted in channel bleeding.
ok!

Orange TH30 Head
Orange PPC212-OB

DiMarzio Cables