Page 1 of 4
There is so much going on in my country. It is getting scary to be an American. Can someone who lives outside the US enlighten me as to what the view of America is in other countries. In general I mean, what do people think of us? Be very honest please. I am curious.
It's an ok country i suppose. I guess most people see it as the epitome of western culture.
Sig space available, give me some praise
The rest of the world doesn't like the USA - until they have a natural disaster, are invaded by another country or are under control of a murderous regime.

America leads. That's why America could put men on the moon in 1969 and nobody else has done it in the nearly 40 years since.
Fat and stupid.
I'm a United Statesian, and I knew that.

whatthefedit: I know it's going to take away from the joke, but I get the feeling a lot of people will think I was serious with "United Statesian."
Quote by Tire Me.
Raping her in front of other people would be morally wrong.

Quote by Bubbles516
wtf290 uses make bubbles feel like crap
Its super effective!
From somebody that lives in a city that borders Detroit. (Windsor)

Detroit is a shitfest. I said it.
But I don't think America is as bad as everyone makes it out to be.
really though. thoughts on this. i want to know how the people in other countries see us. i am doing research. and how has the view changed since 9/11?
Quote by SenorSmiley
The rest of the world doesn't like the USA - until they have a natural disaster, are invaded by another country or are under control of a murderous regime.

America leads. That's why America could put men on the moon in 1969 and nobody else has done it in the nearly 40 years since.

That's true, but mainly because the Americans founbd out the moon was a crap place to go since there isn't anything to do there, the ESA already built a bar/restaurant on Mars because Mars is way better.
I just need about $3.50
(<X.X)O=('.'Q)

I'm the motherflippin'
Meh, i have nothing against Americans. Although I know a lot of people who do.
Last edited by steee21 at Oct 14, 2008,
Quote by SenorSmiley

That might be because the moon is boring and no-one actually wants to go there.
lazy, arrogant and down right ... fat
and the general waste an average american makes is unforgivable
BLUE
RED
YELLOW
honestly, i know there are good people i the states but alot of them are hicks. I live in canada, we have lots of fat drunk and hillbillyish people here but it just seems that there are way more down there.
i think that having Obadiah as president would be good thing for the country

EDIT: Obama, stupid auto correct
Quote by Deliriumbassist
marmite, vegemite, termite...

anything that ends with -mite is the work of Satan's retarded cousin Vinnie.
Last edited by GmacD at Oct 14, 2008,
Quote by 12Jim34
That might be because the moon is boring and no-one actually wants to go there.

That's not really the point. The point is that the United States went from putting people into space for 10 or 20 minutes to landing a man on the moon in less then 10 years.

If you look at the engineering and technology that the country developed during that time and how the things that came out of the space program you really start to understand why it was important.
Quote by GmacD
honestly, i know there are good people i the states but alot of them are hicks. I live in canada, we have lots of fat drunk and hillbillyish people here but it just seems that there are way more down there.
i think that having Obadiah as president would be good thing for the country

You best be trolling, n*gger..

Quote by srcosmic6543
There is so much going on in my country. It is getting scary to be an American. Can someone who lives outside the US enlighten me as to what the view of America is in other countries. In general I mean, what do people think of us? Be very honest please. I am curious.

Don't think you'll have a problem with that.

America in itself is not a bad place, but it has become a bloated wasteland of indulgence. It promotes mindless capitalistic values as though they can bring total fulfillment, and subdues its children with food and TV. It is not a bad place, and Americans are not bad people, but many of them are misguided, and it has become a breeding ground for corruption. The social environment of the US does not encourage people to think for themselves enough, which has led to blind patriotism and unquestioned loyalty to hypocritical viewpoints. And no-one seems to realise how many toes they're stepping on as a nation, it would be nice if you showed a little more self-awareness.

Note: This really is from the outside, I'm basing this on a combination of exported American culture, stereotypes, personal opinion, and political climate.
I play by my own rules. And I have one rule; There are no rules... but if there are, they're there to be broken. Even this one.

Confused? Good.

Quote by CrucialGutchman
Sigs are wastes of my precious screen space.

^ Irony

Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
LET ME HUMP YOU DAMMIT
the thing i dislike about americans is that they think that america is the most important place on earth and the only way of doing things is the american way. also you guys are fat.
Quote by SenorSmiley

usually it's america doing the invading...
america leads by viciously dominating all opposition regardless of morality or human cost.

on the flipside, i quite like america and most of the people when i went over were really friendly. it just seems the higher powers that be are lacking in any kind of regard for other countries.
Quote by Jackal58
I only judge people based upon the color of their skin.

Quote by Kilty Boxers
id like to shave my balls, but i always cut myself and when i do my shaver is like om nom nom testicle skin.
I hate the way religion plays a huge part of their culture.
I hate the way they don't take science or maths as seriously as rest of the world (1 in 2 scientists in America are foreign born)
I hate the economic liberation support in America
I hate their views on the death penalty
I hate their justice system

However, I have nothing against Americans. Just America.

And don't worry, I hate a lot of things anyway.
Quote by NielsWho
You best be trolling, n*gger..

i am in fact black, i am also 7ft tall and i weigh 300 pounds
that wrd you said is offensive.... im kidding\

i am not trolling
Quote by Deliriumbassist
marmite, vegemite, termite...

anything that ends with -mite is the work of Satan's retarded cousin Vinnie.
Quote by CrackAddict2000
McDonald's

Dude, I was EXACTLY about to post that.
Follow the smoke toward the riff filled land
brutal
Countries don't have to regard other countries, this is why we have borders that separate us. England had its time, now it can go **** itself.
Quote by shaquille
Countries don't have to regard other countries, this is why we have borders that separate us. England had its time, now it can go **** itself.

Congratulations. It must take a lot of effort to be quite as stupid as that.

As a world superpower, there are direct and indirect global consequences to the actions of America as a whole and to a lesser extent therefore the actions of individuals within the nation.
I play by my own rules. And I have one rule; There are no rules... but if there are, they're there to be broken. Even this one.

Confused? Good.

Quote by CrucialGutchman

^ Irony

Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
LET ME HUMP YOU DAMMIT
Quote by break-me-in

America in itself is not a bad place, but it has become a bloated wasteland of indulgence. It promotes mindless capitalistic values as though they can bring total fulfillment, and subdues its children with food and TV. It is not a bad place, and Americans are not bad people, but many of them are misguided, and it has become a breeding ground for corruption. The social environment of the US does not encourage people to think for themselves enough, which has led to blind patriotism and unquestioned loyalty to hypocritical viewpoints. And no-one seems to realise how many toes they're stepping on as a nation, it would be nice if you showed a little more self-awareness.

Note: This really is from the outside, I'm basing this on a combination of exported American culture, stereotypes, personal opinion, and political climate.

Honestly, I don't think blind patriotism is the issue, it's lack of patriotism. People just complain but our voting rate is incredibly low. We are simply an apathetic nation. I do agree about our self-awareness, it's just that the people who don't care outweigh the people who do care. As somebody who isn't old enough to vote I'd say I'm smarter than many of the people who can.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Solder fume huffer σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Electronic Audio Experiments
i'm in UK and in politics everyone sees you as an allie (sp?) and always compares our lifestyle to your lifestyle. but just normal people see you as fat mcdonalds obseded ignorant bastards.

but thats just a stereotype!
You're war mongering idiots who keep invading countries and rabbling on about peace and freedom. Bombing for peace is like ****ing for virginity.

Also you are very stupid and are hostile to everybody outside of your country and you blame the world for your problems.

You think that just because you're American it means that you're better than everybody in the whole world.

Oh yeah, and you tell people around the globe what to do.

Please note that this is what you appear like in the media. I've seen alot of cool Americans on here, so I will only power up my flame sheild to 50%.
Quote by Brunnis Jetrel, Eve-Search Forums
oh the good old days of launching strawberries at point blank range into people's faces with a ballista... brings back mammaries

Quote by SkyValley
Kick your OWN ass before he has a chance to get to it.

Clicky --->
Quote by break-me-in

Dude. That is the single most intelligent, well-informed, and correct thing I have ever heard anyone say about this country.
Quote by shaquille

in that case, america should have stayed out of iraq, seeing as it's quite blatantly not anywhere near america.
america should also have stayed out of just about every war there's ever been, including vietnam, just to name the one that gets me riled the most.
Quote by Jackal58

Quote by Kilty Boxers
id like to shave my balls, but i always cut myself and when i do my shaver is like om nom nom testicle skin.
Quote by stradivari310
Honestly, I don't think blind patriotism is the issue, it's lack of patriotism. People just complain but our voting rate is incredibly low. We are simply an apathetic nation. I do agree about our self-awareness, it's just that the people who don't care outweigh the people who do care. As somebody who isn't old enough to vote I'd say I'm smarter than many of the people who can.

There is voter apathy, but I think that's a little less dangerous than the people who swear loyalty to America and can't get different political viewpoints through their thick skulls (I believe you call them Republicans rednecks ). At least the voter apathy allows the status quo to be maintained, like a game of catch between the 2 parties. I would take apathy over ignorance any day.

Confused? Good.

Quote by CrucialGutchman

^ Irony

Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
LET ME HUMP YOU DAMMIT
Last edited by break-me-in at Oct 14, 2008,
Quote by break-me-in
Congratulations. It must take a lot of effort to be quite as stupid as that.

As a world superpower, there are direct and indirect global consequences to the actions of America as a whole and to a lesser extent therefore the actions of individuals within the nation.

Takes more effort to act smart yet be stupid at the same time, doesn't it?

Quote by madbasslover
^Ignore shaquille, he's a troll.

Cool interpretation, bro.
Quote by shaquille
Takes more effort to act smart yet be stupid at the same time, doesn't it?

sorry i've just noticed you're october 08
so i shall disregard your opinion in this thread.
ha.
Quote by Jackal58

Quote by Kilty Boxers
Quote by nimrod_hahahaha
sorry i've just noticed you're october 08
so i shall disregard your opinion in this thread.
ha.

Here's a tip: Nobody cares what you are regarding or disregarding, not even the people you are doing this to.
I watched a lousy film on BBCA the other day, there was an American dude in it. He was a pyromaniac and had enough firepower to assault another country by himself. Also, he had a John Wayne swagger.
Is it a bad thing if one of your testicles is larger then the other two?
APPARENTLY...you all think Poutine looks disgusting
Quote by RU Experienced?
I love ham, I'm gay!!!

Buy fresh sliced deli ham and stop being a bitch. Also, never microwave ham ever, it's in strict violation of ham law.
Quote by shaquille
Here's a tip: Nobody cares what you are regarding or disregarding, not even the people you are doing this to.

we're in the pit mate. no one cares what anyone has to say. try the new members forum if you need a bit of help with where you're posting
Quote by Jackal58

Quote by Kilty Boxers
Quote by nimrod_hahahaha
we're in the pit mate. no one cares what anyone has to say. try the new members forum if you need a bit of help with where you're posting

You've got your so called "experience" on here yet your attempt at humor falls far from being funny.

Sorry, "mate".
An american, but oh wells.

the problem lies within the fact that we are generally the most apathetic nation there is. We claim to have the best governmental system in the world; but less than half of us participate. To quote Lewis Black, "Democracy is great, because you don't have to fucking do it."

Anyone here, such as myself, who even points out that, "Hey Europe seems to have a better bead on things... we live in too much excess and too much lack of consideration for what we are destroying" is deemed as a hypocrite and a trader by the people who aren't willing to give up eating 4 double cheeseburgers at every meal. Another problem for us, is that we tend to take care of other people's problems before our own. Without arguing religion, I'd like to point to a bible scripture:

Matthew 7:5 - "You hypocrite! First remove the beam from your own eye, and then you will see clearly enough to remove the speck from your brother's eye."

We have the highest welfare rate of any first-rate country... we have the most unemployed people, most of which can get a job, but refuse too (I live in the middle of a place termed the "welfare and unemployment capital of the world"). When a country spends too much time taking care of others, it forgets to take care of itself. Liberalizing is how all great nations eventually fall from being the "great power"; Greece, Rome, Great Britain, etc... etc... There has to be a balance between liberalizing and passing out goodies to those who genuinely need them, but no one has hit it.

I'm way off topic. I'm done now.

tl;dr: We worry too much about others, but are too apathetic to actually change it.
Page 1 of 4