Heys guys, just a quick question. I have a rg550 in DY and there is a JEM 777 in shocking pink I'm looking at buying, for pretty cheap. So basically I'm asking is it worth it.
Gear-
Marshall JCM2000 DSL401
Roland Micro Cube
Les Paul Studio
Ibanez Rg440 Roadster II Series
Gibson Flying V
SE Custom Paul Allender edition
Frankenstrat Replica (that I made)
Guild Madeira Nylon acoustic.
Fender P Bass
Ampeg 1x14
the jem 777 never came in pink, it's a knock off
Out here you've gotta know where your towel is!
http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a347/ritualfixx/Jem777.jpg

are you retarted? Original 80's JEMS came in the crazy colors, such as Desert Yellow, whatever Green. and Shocking pink.

You sir, are an idiot.
Gear-
Marshall JCM2000 DSL401
Roland Micro Cube
Les Paul Studio
Gibson Flying V
Fender P Bass
Ampeg 1x14
Pink guitars are awesome on stage..

milkman !
I want pics of ur pretty awesome rig !

plz :p
Squier Standard Telecaster.
Random Ibanez GIO superstrat
Takamine EG440C Maple Blue

Line 6 Spider III 30 w
Blackheart Killer Ant
Blackheart Little Giant

Line 6 Pod X3 Live
Line 6 Toneport UX-2
Last edited by IKnowItsWrong at Oct 14, 2008,
if you can get it cheap enough, and ascertain that it's legit, i guess you might as well. if you ever gig or whatever, a spare wouldn't be a bad idea.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Haha I love the desert yellow on my 550. It's mad sexy.

Oh haha, I'll have to add some pics to my profile later, I'm headed out for awhile. Plus I have WAY too much stuff, I have a Epiphone EJ-200 which Isnt in my sig, cause I just got it and, yeah. Way too much stuff. But I'll take some individual Pics and put them on my profile, I needed to anyway.

Oh and just a quick question. Correct me if I'm wrong but arn't JEM's usually pretty over priced and like really desirable. So I'd be getting a good deal if I got it for about 1k?
Gear-
Marshall JCM2000 DSL401
Roland Micro Cube
Les Paul Studio
Gibson Flying V
Fender P Bass
Ampeg 1x14
Last edited by milkmanv1 at Oct 14, 2008,
Quote by milkmanv1
Haha I love the desert yellow on my 550. It's mad sexy.

Oh haha, I'll have to add some pics to my profile later, I'm headed out for awhile. Plus I have WAY too much stuff, I have a Epiphone EJ-200 which Isnt in my sig, cause I just got it and, yeah. Way too much stuff. But I'll take some individual Pics and put them on my profile, I needed to anyway.

Oh and just a quick question. Correct me if I'm wrong but arn't JEM's usually pretty over priced and like really desirable. So I'd be getting a good deal if I got it for about 1k?

not sure. have you tried jemsite, and also a search on completed listings on ebay? also, i'm not sure about the older models, but certainly with the newer ones there's a low-end model, the 555, which is best avoided. you aren't getting a good deal if you end up with one of those...
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by ValoRhoads
insecure much?

No, he just proved you wrong. How would that make him insecure?
JEM's always are unnecessary. They are worth about half their price. And if you already own a 550, then the idea of getting one is totally idiotic.

EDIT: even if you get it second hand at 1k: that still is overpriced, because its second hand.
Seriously, get something else second hand, for about 1K. There are better guitars than JEM's. You should try a music man for example.
Hufschmid
Blackat
Washburn USA Custom Shop
PRS
Mayones
Orange
Diezel
Engl
Last edited by LP_CL at Oct 14, 2008,
Quote by LP_CL
JEM's always are unnecessary. They are worth about half their price. And if you already own a 550, then the idea of getting one is totally idiotic.

EDIT: even if you get it second hand at 1k: that still is overpriced, because its second hand.
Seriously, get something else second hand, for about 1K. There are better guitars than JEM's. You should try a music man for example.

I'm going to have to agree with him on the JEM, however I've never been a fan of Music Man, their bridges always seem to piss me off when I palm mute.
Quote by LP_CL

that's a good point, i'm used to the prices over here, where £500 wouldn't get you much better than a JEM, even used. music man guitars are great, also suhr, tyler, vigier etc. etc. would likely be worth a look too.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Ahh gotcha, so yeah I kinda figured it might be cool to have but I dunno, however it's in mint condition and its a Original 80's one at that. Plus the finish is amazing.
Gear-
Marshall JCM2000 DSL401
Roland Micro Cube
Les Paul Studio
Gibson Flying V
Fender P Bass
Ampeg 1x14
get it man, 80s JEMs are sick, and pink is a great color.

well...if u have nothing better to buy that is. in ur situation id be buying the JEM if i was bored and had nothing else I was saving for or needed.
Jackson KV2 USA Snow White/Black Bevels