Hey guys, something's been on my mind for a bit now. Ok so my band has 2 guitarists, me and blues boy over there. Blues boy owns a Fender Stratocaster and is thinking about getting a Gibson Les Paul Custom (think Jimmy Page's). I also own a custom, but the finish is in Silver Burst. Would it look gay having 2 guitarists playing the same guitar with generally different finishes?

(and I know its not about how you look as long as you play kick ass rock n roll and do this with your tongue *Gene Simmons*)

Quote by Superstrat101
Would it look gay having 2 guitarists playing the same guitar with generally different finishes?

Nah dude. It will look fine. There are countless bands out there where both guitarists have the same guitar, same color... (Ibanez endorsed bands)

I think what looks gay is two guitarist up on stage playing the exact same thing everytime.
Quote by jsantos

I think what looks gay is two guitarist up on stage playing the exact same thing everytime.

definitely plus one on that

and it should look fine as long as you're not a kinda colour co-ordinated band ahahahaha like the white stripes
Quote by wooftang999
definitely plus one on that

and it should look fine as long as you're not a kinda colour co-ordinated band ahahahaha like the white stripes

lol no need to worry about that. ones silver and ones kinda like a tobacco colour
No, that's fine. Lot's of bands will stick to both guitarests playing one brand or even the same guitar.
Quote by Highwaytohell
Dude.
Who cares... that would look fine.

The point is how would it sound!!!

2 LPs probably sounds MONSTROUS!

Yeah it will definantly sound killer. Im just being concious of the deaf people, how will they enjoy the show if it looks gay?
Quote by Superstrat101
Yeah it will definantly sound killer. Im just being concious of the deaf people, how will they enjoy the show if it looks gay?

They'll all be too busy watching the singers lips to notice the guitars.
Quote by SlackerBabbath
They'll all be too busy watching the singers lips to notice the guitars.

na, they'll be watching the conductor so they know what it sounds like..
Who decided that pie would be sold on Tuesday but not Wednesday?
Hatebreed both use Gibson LP's with different finishes. They're not gay, they're hardcore.
Quote by hostilekid
shadesofanger, you're my hero.

Quote by GoldenBlues
So I was wondering, are black people capable feeling love? I mean can their brains comprehend that kind of emotion, or are they not programmed that way.
nah, theres like millions of bands with just Les Pauls on both guitarists