So I need help with a video... I videod it on a Sony handicam, and I need to edit out parts of the film to shorten it...

It's a .VOB file if that means anything to anyone, and it won't work on Windows Movie Maker as it is...so yeah I'm totally stumped and under a lot of pressure to get this done...so if anyone can help then that'd be chipper thanks
Some people wait a lifetime, some simply accept...

...Some of us crash land, some of us eject...

...Some restore the blood flow, some just let it go and bleed...

...Some of us obsess, some move on to something new
Quote by Pyrest
Use a different video editing software?

Wow, why didn't I think of that?

I don't have a different one, if I did then I'd have used to by now

Quote by RPGoof
I'm pretty sure .vob is the file type used in DVDs.
If that helps at all.

I think you're right, because my camera saves the files straight to disc, but that doesn't really help me right now...thanks for the input though man

Quote by Pyrest
Use a different video editing software?

Don't listen to this guy. He goes on my threads and does nothing but flame all day
Quote by whatamidoinhere
So I need help with a video... I videod it on a Sony handicam, and I need to edit out parts of the film to shorten it...

It's a .VOB file if that means anything to anyone, and it won't work on Windows Movie Maker as it is...so yeah I'm totally stumped and under a lot of pressure to get this done...so if anyone can help then that'd be chipper thanks

You mean something that's not a Windows movie file doesn't work on Windows Movie Maker? Wow, I've never heard of that happening.

Quote by whatamidoinhere
Wow, why didn't I think of that?

I don't have a different one, if I did then I'd have used to by now

So, what's stopping you from GETTING one? Instead of waiting around for everyone to spell it out for you and then coming back with sarcasm when they've clearly given you the right answer.
You're*
you could download a trial version of Adobe Premier Pro CS3... or at least you could do that about a year and a half ago...

so does the camera have flash memory? or do you have to capture using USB or FireWire?

or does it actually just write it to DVD?
signatures are budget.