So I was wondering if anyone else is experiencing the troubles I am with these, it seems after maybe about 5/6 months they just stop working. I dont exactly overload it with only a Boss GE-7, A MXR Zakk Wylde OD and a Dunlop Crybaby. Im on my second and when I went to set it up at the gig it just didnt turn on. Anyone else use these?
My gear:

Gibson Les Paul Custom
Gibson Les Paul Studio
PRS McCarty 10 Top
+more
JCM900 Head and 1960B
Dunlop Crybaby 535Q
MXR ZW-44
Korg Pitchblack
Small Clone
Boss GE-7

Check my band
www.suicideblonderocks.co.uk
Quote by carrotjames
So I was wondering if anyone else is experiencing the troubles I am with these, it seems after maybe about 5/6 months they just stop working. I dont exactly overload it with only a Boss GE-7, A MXR Zakk Wylde OD and a Dunlop Crybaby. Im on my second and when I went to set it up at the gig it just didnt turn on. Anyone else use these?

i've had mine quite a long time and no difficulties even though its powering a marshall JH-1 and ED-1, Boss DS2 and danelectro DE-1 and Talkbox. I think its likely that its something to do with the wah. wah pedals are very power hungry, i'd imagine they use more than 75mA which is the maximum you're supposed to put through each port. though since i got a godlyke daisy chain type thing, i'm considering ditching the soundlab in favour of the daisy chain because i have difficulties getting the cables to reach with the soundlab upon my rather large pedalboard.
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

...A little too proud, to be honest.
Aye well I think i must have overpowered it before cos like I had my Wah running through it plus a Boss ME-50 and the GE-7, looking into it I can find all there current draws except one for dunlops wah, however iv now got rid of that and will be using:

MXR ZW OD
BOSS GE-7
Korg Pitchblack
Dunlop Crybaby 535Q
EH Small Clone

Should I possibly get like the Dunlop power brick?

And I've read that generally Boss and Marshall pedals run of very little power plus the ME-50 was drawing 120 from one outle and who knows what the wah was suckin up
My gear:

Gibson Les Paul Custom
Gibson Les Paul Studio
PRS McCarty 10 Top
+more
JCM900 Head and 1960B
Dunlop Crybaby 535Q
MXR ZW-44
Korg Pitchblack
Small Clone
Boss GE-7

Check my band
Last edited by carrotjames at Oct 14, 2008,
EHX small clone has a different power socket which is opposite polarity so you'll need an adaptor. I haven't tried it since the crudely translated instruction manual says "if the pedal is not +(o - polarity you cannot use it with this power supply" so i'm not sure if it'll work.

If you're looking at using pedals with different power connections as well as the "standard" barrel socket i'd strongly recommend a daisy chain type supply like the godlyke PA-9 (which comes with a few of the necessary adaptors). The dc-brick type aren't really as effective, and they take up more pedalboard space. And if you end up with more pedals than they have ports, you have to get another power supply, whereas with daisy chain style supplies you can just get another 5-way cable to stick on the end, and they usually supply enough mA to power about 15-20 pedals.
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

...A little too proud, to be honest.
Ye I have an adapter for the small clone which I got when I bought it. I'v found all the current draws for each of the pedals except the crybaby, has anybody got any idea what it is?
My gear:

Gibson Les Paul Custom
Gibson Les Paul Studio
PRS McCarty 10 Top
+more
JCM900 Head and 1960B
Dunlop Crybaby 535Q
MXR ZW-44
Korg Pitchblack
Small Clone
Boss GE-7

Check my band
Ok so i found on the top of the pedal theres a sticker saying about power supply. It says that an AC regulated adapter with greater 20mA current will work. Does that mean it draws 20mA? Cos i cant find anywhere that says it
My gear:

Gibson Les Paul Custom
Gibson Les Paul Studio
PRS McCarty 10 Top
+more
JCM900 Head and 1960B
Dunlop Crybaby 535Q
MXR ZW-44
Korg Pitchblack
Small Clone
Boss GE-7

Check my band