Page 1 of 2
i was crossing a street when it said walk. i saw a lady coming down the next block to the corner, she was maybe twenty feet back. i start walking. i get about 3/4 of the way across the street and BAM i go flying. she didnt break or anything just came around the turn (it was a wide turn) and hit me. then says are u ok. i say i guess and she drives off. i figured it'd be my fault if i tried to make a case out of it. was this a good decision or should i have taken her plates and info
Quote by freddaahh
I just head-desked so hard I went through the floor and came out in Mongolia.
Last edited by sk8erk1d1313 at Oct 14, 2008,
you should of got her plates, pedestrians have the right of way especially when it tells you to walk. she was supposed to yeiild to you but i'm guessing she did not. at least this is how it is in canada, i don't know about where you live.
its still hbit and run,

i got hit by an invisible car today and i didn't even notice
Quote by Deliriumbassist
marmite, vegemite, termite...

anything that ends with -mite is the work of Satan's retarded cousin Vinnie.
Hai guyz, Imma gon go to te Pit insted ov a hosptl lol
Quote by duncang
maybe it's because i secrely agree that tracedin inymballsackistheb best album ever

he's got the fire and the fury,
at his command
well you don't have to worry,
if you hold onto jesus' hand
It would have been a smart idea to have reported it, but hey at least she stopped and checked on you.... a lot just do the hit and run thing. Are you alright?
Quote by Mattron2000
Shadowenspirit,
Developmental Tamer.
Shadowenspirit,
Ancient Sandwich Crafter

I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: "O Lord make my enemies ridiculous." And God granted it.

-Voltaire

So it is written.
Quote by metallica_19
you should of got her plates, pedestrians have the right of way especially when it tells you to walk. she was supposed to yeiild to you but i'm guessing she did not. at least this is how it is in canada, i don't know about where you live.

That's kinda stupid...pedestrians are idiots, they run all over the road, and at night they don't wear bright clothing
Roads are made for cars anyway, so they should really have right of way. Doesn't mean if someone jumps out in front of me I won't break, but it sure as hell won't be my fault!
Some people wait a lifetime, some simply accept...

...Some of us crash land, some of us eject...

...Some restore the blood flow, some just let it go and bleed...

...Some of us obsess, some move on to something new

Albatross eyes penetrate your soul

He knows you're lying.

RMF

I was much further out than you thought
And not waving but drowning.
I was much too far out all my life
And not waving but drowning.
Quote by CTFOD
Hai guyz, Imma gon go to te Pit insted ov a hosptl lol

I dunno why that made me laugh, but it did.

You're probably the coolest '08er here because of that.
Quote by Shadowenspirit
It would have been a smart idea to have reported it, but hey at least she stopped and checked on you.... a lot just do the hit and run thing. Are you alright?

my knee hurts like hell and i got a bunch of scrapes and bruises. but i didnt want to report it, and then havee her say i wasnt paying attention and i get screwed over for it
Quote by freddaahh
Quote by whatamidoinhere
That's kinda stupid...pedestrians are idiots, they run all over the road, and at night they don't wear bright clothing
Roads are made for cars anyway, so they should really have right of way. Doesn't mean if someone jumps out in front of me I won't break, but it sure as hell won't be my fault!

that applies to a designated crosswalk for them...otherwise it's free game if you're jay-walking and what not.
Last edited by metallica_19 at Oct 14, 2008,
Quote by voodoochild78
... and your first reaction is to post in the pit
LIAR

I wanted to see what other people thought of it. Why would i be making this up? Think about it...
Quote by freddaahh
I think if you look at the information given and work it all out with my machine that is as false as the original post, the car was travelling at 438mph.

Anyway, if this did happen, if this mysterious hitman did knock you over, you say you wanted to report it and take the plates etc. Do you always carry pen and paper?
Quote by Karvid
You win this thread. And UG. I haven't actually lol'd at a post in a really long time. Thanks for changing that. I expect a sig

He expected this.

Something you definitely need to know
You should of reported it.
You'll wake up in the morning feeling like shit, even if you don't right now.
X
"Shit! I've been hit by a car...I know, i'll try and boost my teenage ego and post it on an online guitar forum! EXCELSIOR!!!"
Quote by Moggan13
"Shit! I've been hit by a car...I know, i'll try and boost my teenage ego and post it on an online guitar forum! EXCELSIOR!!!"

This boosts my ego? I'm not sure where your coming from
Quote by daniel.mycoe
I think if you look at the information given and work it all out with my machine that is as false as the original post, the car was travelling at 438mph.

Anyway, if this did happen, if this mysterious hitman did knock you over, you say you wanted to report it and take the plates etc. Do you always carry pen and paper?

Why would i make it up? I just wanted opinions.
Quote by freddaahh
Quote by sk8erk1d1313
I wanted to see what other people thought of it. Why would i be making this up? Think about it...

Lol for attention obviously. But quite frankly nobody cares. Look both ways before you cross the ****in street dumbass.
Why are you in The Pit when you've just been run over?
Quote by skater dan0
Damn you and your ninja-like modding
Quote by fleajr_1412
Why are you in The Pit when you've just been run over?

because I just walked home. and I'm not hurt enough to go to the hospital
Quote by freddaahh
Quote by metallica_19
that applies to a designated crosswalk for them...otherwise it's free game if you're jay-walking and what not.

Didn't realise it was at a crossing...

Hell yeah, should sued man!
Some people wait a lifetime, some simply accept...

...Some of us crash land, some of us eject...

...Some restore the blood flow, some just let it go and bleed...

...Some of us obsess, some move on to something new
IF that would have happened, you should have reported.
but im calling bs.
Tampa Bay Buccaneers

South Carolina Gamecocks

Quote by SGstriker
Chef Strato-Massacre: Cooking shitstorms since that comment.

Quote by PurpleClawz
Damnit why are you full of so much win
Quote by sk8erk1d1313
my knee hurts like hell and i got a bunch of scrapes and bruises. but i didnt want to report it, and then havee her say i wasnt paying attention and i get screwed over for it

You wouldn't get screwed for it. you were walking at a crosswalk when it said walk and she sped around the corner. Completely your fault. You were just walking, you had right of way, too.
Gear:
Fender CP Jazzmaster
Schecter PT Custom w/ Dimarzio crunch lab/liquifire
Marshall JCM2000 DSL+Orange 4x12
Orange Tiny Terror+Mesa Electra Dyne 2x12
Boss TU-2/NS-2/DD-6
Maxon OD808

MY BAND!
even if it was a crossing though, couldnt she at least get in trouble for not slowing down? i mean, even if he didnt have the right of way, shouldnt she still be somewhat responsible for having total disregard for him? i mean, when im in my neighborhood i dont speed up just because i see kids playing in the street.
Tampa Bay Buccaneers

South Carolina Gamecocks

Quote by SGstriker
Chef Strato-Massacre: Cooking shitstorms since that comment.

Quote by PurpleClawz
Damnit why are you full of so much win
Quote by sk8erk1d1313

That really sucks, well I'm glad for the most part you are alright. I guess its a valuable lesson so next time you don't end up with your head under someones tire right?
Quote by Mattron2000
Shadowenspirit,
Developmental Tamer.
Shadowenspirit,
Ancient Sandwich Crafter

I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: "O Lord make my enemies ridiculous." And God granted it.

-Voltaire

So it is written.
Ummm...go to the hospital ? srsly you dont know how badly you could be hurt.
" Did You know, in Tibet, if they want something, do you know what they do? They give something away."

"Do they ? That must be why they're such a dominant global power."
Yeah, probably BS... but putting that aside for a moment:

You should have taken plates. You got hit by a car when you were crossing at a crosswalk. If the sign said walk then her traffic light was RED. Did you land on your head? Everyone knows that when you get hit by a car you don't just let the car drive away.
Quote by sk8erk1d1313
i was crossing a street when it said walk. i saw a lady coming down the next block to the corner, she was maybe twenty feet back. i start walking. i get about 3/4 of the way across the street and BAM i go flying. she didnt break or anything just came around the turn (it was a wide turn) and hit me. then says are u ok. i say i guess and she drives off. i figured it'd be my fault if i tried to make a case out of it. was this a good decision or should i have taken her plates and info

Wait... Did your shoes fly off and did you play it off like nothing happened?
The Pit is not a medical professional.

Nor is it an officer of the law or a legal consultant.
http://groups.ultimate-guitar.com/westaussie/

Quote by StratPat

Quote by blacksabbath8
So I had to take a massive dump, and I went in the bassment. So it's been down there for a while and the stench is terrible and i think it's seeping into the floor.

You should have asked for a blowjob if she was hot, then you wouldn't get the plates- you did what the business world calls a poor deal.
Page 1 of 2