okay, Im looking for my first electric guitar. I've only had acoustic and been playing 6 or so months, and i think electric is more my style.

I thought I was set with a 350 les paul studio, but now im looking at more options.

I can't spend more than 350, im only 13 lol and its hard to get money.

I don't want an agile. please don;'t suggest.

I want to play general rock, not the metal stuff much, just like rock and some clean. It needs to be pretty good clean and distorted.

Please don't recommend amps in this thread.

So do yall know any guitars that might fit me haha?

I don't really care much about brand (just not agile, dont ask why)

I was thinkin maybe ibanez, epiphone, or schecter?

Maybe links to specific guitars that are pretty good, and under 350? preferabbly under 300?

Thanks guys
get a used SG 400 maybe?
or id say try my guitar, an epiphone dot studio
sounds great and every finish but the black is only 279 new, black is 300
GUITAR: Gibson Les Paul Special
AMP:Fender Vibro Champ XD
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
USMC
Quote by Ghold125
350 what? squirrels? pandas?

and also, why not Agile????

probably because he cares about the brand name on his guitar's headstock...
which is not a terrible thing to do, just not practical

although, if that's the case, i wouldnt want epiphone on my guitar's headstock...
^ second the G-400, great guitar, don't listen to people who say epi's suck.

An epi Les paul studio les paul studio would work too, I don't own one so i can't vouch for it but looks good, it also comes in white.
LINKAGE
Right now I have an epi acoustic and its not half bad. So I like epiphone.

and to the one dude, forgot name sry, do you think im talking about 350 squirrels? Honestly? lol

I was looking at the g400 also, You think that or les paul studio would be better? I heard the epi g400 has some neck problems?
SGs are neck heavy if that's what you mean, I found it annoying when i first played one, LPs are much more balanced, but its not that bad once you get used to it.
im not saying epis suck, by any means
what i AM saying is that if one really cares about brand name over value, epiphone is not the most respected brand out there

if you like epiphone, try to find one of those 57' reissue Les Paul Juniors
should be able to find some on ebay
I had one for a while before i sold it to my buddy
good quality guitar for the price, killer looks (i love Lp jrs personally), but not as beefy and versatile, to be honest
Okay, completely ignoring weight and neck weight...

Whis would be better in yalls opinion g400 or les paul studio? the studio I can get a white for 300 and a vintage g400 for 300. Is the vintage g400 or goth worse than the regulars? cuz theyre cheaper?
Quote by nathanlamb
Right now I have an epi acoustic and its not half bad. So I like epiphone.

and to the one dude, forgot name sry, do you think im talking about 350 squirrels? Honestly? lol

I was looking at the g400 also, You think that or les paul studio would be better? I heard the epi g400 has some neck problems?

He means 350 what. We don't know where the hell you live. Is this USD?
Might help to give as much info as possible.