i heard from some guy who was trying to sell some cheap basswood body guitar that basswood is a really good body for effectors

first of all, that's what they guy said... i have no freakin idea what he's saying, but apparently he said it

second of all, is what this guy saying at least plausible to some degrees?
i don't trust what a seller has to say about an item except for the cold fact, especially if the guy is trying to sell some half decent cheap guitar

i've always thought that basswood was only used for cheaper end guitars
good basswood is nice (depending on preference). plenty of high end guitars use basswood (e.g. suhr). thing is, is this dude selling good basswood?
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
no if i remember right, he was selling a squier bullet strat.............
which makes him even more un-trustworthy, because those probably use the lowest grade basswood possible, i'd imagine
The Basswood that Squier use isn't going to be top-grade, but it won't be as bad as their Agathis guitars either (Agathis is tonally between Basswood and Alder, but won't sustain as well and has a less 'defined' sound, it gets muddy easily).

Generally Basswood is fine. The only propblem is that it's a softer wood, so it dents easier than a harder wood like Maple would do.
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.
A lot of guitars use basswood. Ranging from cheapo squiers to ibanez RGs to MusicMan's Axis. It differs in quality, though, so i don't think that squier body would be a good buy.
yeah, i'd have thougth squiers didn't use the highest quality basswood. could be wrong, of course.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
As said, there is good bass wood and bad.

Good bass wood has very good mid ranges and lets individual pitch ring out extremely well... Which is why in higher end guitars, basswood is a "Shredders wood."

Bad Basswood isn't terrible, but doesn't have these qualities... it's very bland and lifeless. (apparently).