I don't have much money, only $500 or $600. No more than $600, strictly.

Currently, my main guitars are an Epi LP100 and an 84 Ibanez Roadstar II.
I play rock, classic rock, punk, stuff like that. I'm a huge Guns N' Roses fan and thats what I've been playing a lot lately. My main amps are a Valve Junior(head/cab), and a Crate GTD65 (which I know UG will hate but I LOVE it). I do gig regularly, but I don't think that will have as big of an impact on my choice than if it were an amp I was looking for.

I'm looking for something new. I'm a huge fan of Les Pauls and I know I can't get a Gibson, but I was hoping to get a nice Epiphone that I will love. I'm pretty turned off by my LP100 and I'm excited to get a nicer Les Paul that actually has some quality.

I've wanted an LP custom for a long time. I don't have the money for a new one, but I can get a factory B-stock one for $600. I was curious what Ug's opinion on Bstocks are. It's guaranteed to play perfectly and have no issues whatsoever, just might have minor cosmetic issues. That's my understanding. Also, I'm not sure if it'll be available in two months, as it's a "clearance" item.

I'm still looking though. While I love Les Paul's, I was considering also going a different route and getting something different than a Les Paul, something new and refreshing. I was looking at the Fender Deluxe Blackout Tele, but still not sure. Just looking around, really.

I was also considering an Agile, I forgot to mention. I'm just unsure. Theres so many options for guitars and I know once I pick one, thats it.. so I'm hesitant.

any opinions or insight?
I'll prolly edit this a ton to add in more info as I think of it.

Jesse
Last edited by Slash42x at Oct 14, 2008,
I was also considering an Agile, I forgot to mention. I'm just unsure. Theres so many options for guitars and I know once I pick one, thats it.. so I'm hesitant.
Well B-stock is a blemish in the guitar, which was returned at some point. So you're paying less but there will also be some flaw(s) in the finish. It is also a bit of a leap of faith, seeing as you won't be able to see what you're buying exactly. If you don't care about a blemish in the finish, then a b-stock would work fine.
That's beautiful, B. Jammin. I'm going to look into that. Obviously I don't wanna go any over 600 but $30 more isn't much for a great guitar.
Quote by B. Jammin
This is $30 over your budget but its worth looking at because you shouldnt need to upgrade anything on it. Dont let the ESP name turn you off, those Duncans would be great for what you play: http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/ESP-LTD-EC400VF?sku=512884

+1

LTD 400 series and upwards are great guitars.

Agile are pretty revered here, but I can't say since I haven't tried them out.

Epiphone's are alright guitars, the Custom I have is okay. However, I've kinda outgrown it since I'm liking more bolt on neck guitars and double cutaways!
Get the ESP, they are awesome guitars! Especially the EC series
Gear
Jackson Rhodes
Jackson Kelly With EMG HZ's
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Sierra 28ce Acoustic Electric
Peavey Vypyr 212 (tube)
Line 6 Floor pod
Ibanez Toneblaster 30w
Custom Bass I built from spare parts
Fender Rumble 60 bass amp
Get a new amp. If you want a big difference in tone, that would be how you'd get it. A new guitar won't improve crap tone.

If you really want a guitar, check out Tokai Love Rock guitars. The newer, korean ones.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.